It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Doing A Strange Dance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The "skeptics" always have a normal moon in their sky.
And, for the record, the moon has been where it should be for me, as well. But, then, maybe it's just us.

As for those who claim it's jumping wildly around in the sky from night to night...

I'm sensing some exaggeration.
If people really want to claim that the moon is in unusual locations, they should be recording its right ascension and declination (or some other layman version to show its absolute location in the sky) from night to night, preferably with photo/video evidence. I guarantee, what we see will be nothing beyond the norm... and, if we do happen to see something unusual, at least you'll have more to show for it than just an unrealistic claim and no evidence to back it up.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

I know it's perfectly normal. I just found it interesting that I never really noticed it before and some other members did too around the same time.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My Troll detector is ringing...LOUDLY.
I've seen these threads before. There's nothing wrong with the moon.
If you think there is, you're either eating magic mushrooms, or incredibly ignorant.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's amazing, the internet should be making people smarter, having virtually all the information you need at your fingertips.

But then we get a thread like this pop every now and then and it makes me think people are getting stupiderer.

I thinks it contagious!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You see what I mean littled16? We are "ignorant" because we noticed something "strange" with the moon! I know what I have seen, and just because they havn't seen it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You might as well take your curiosity somewhere else....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That Stellarium has got to be the greatest gadget yet! Ever since I read your post I've been messing around with it. Thanks alot....Now I'll waste even more time on the computer!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad
You see what I mean littled16? We are "ignorant" because we noticed something "strange" with the moon! I know what I have seen, and just because they havn't seen it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. You might as well take your curiosity somewhere else....

There is nothing "strange" with the Moon.

Check it on Stellarium.

The only strange thing here is why you absolutely refuse to believe the scientific evidence placed before you.

I think you have a desperate need to believe there is something magical happening in this world and you are in absolute denial of anyone who threatens your desire.

Proove the Moon has changed position... please!

And could you please spell the Moon correctly with a capital?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No, I can't proove the moon is "acting strange". I just know what I see. There are strange things happening up there. You just keep believing that everything is normal and I will keep on searching for answers. OK? Oh yeah, I will capitalize the moon if I feel like it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Enough of Stellarium alright? Stellarium uses NASA data, which you cant trusted, much of this data put into Stellarium is outdated.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Enough of Stellarium alright? Stellarium uses NASA data, which you cant trusted, much of this data put into Stellarium is outdated.

Stellarium is fine, its used by thousands of astronomers and amateur astronomers. It can be trusted.

You just don't want it to be trusted so that you yourself can believe in a dancing moon without anyone proving to you that it's not dancing.

But, if you don't want to trust Stellarium, then there are plenty of other alternatives out there, all you have to do is look.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by imysbbad

No, I can't proove the moon is "acting strange". I just know what I see. There are strange things happening up there. You just keep believing that everything is normal and I will keep on searching for answers. OK? Oh yeah, I will capitalize the moon if I feel like it.

I disagree. You're not searching for answers.

The answers you claim you're seeking have been provided by Phage and others on this thread. The movement of the Moon has been precisely known for thousands and thousands of years. Using Stellarium or one of a thousand other resources on the Internet you could verify that the Moon is exactly where it is supposed to be each and every time you look at it.

It's simple to prove. But instead of trying to prove it, you posted your opinion here to see if anyone else shared your opinion. Then, when presented with actual facts and data, you ignored them.

You are entitled to your beliefs, as nonsensical as they may be, but do not fool yourself into thinking you are a truth seeker. You have portrayed exactly the opposite of intellectual curiosity here in this thread.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 5/31/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2011 by Pseudonaut because: grammar grammar

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Thank you. I'm glad someone came forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join