It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government shutdown is here..!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Barack Obama will continue to be paid during a government shutdown. usatoday.com

Congress will also be paid and will continue to operate at close to normal levels during a government shutdown. usatoday.com

In all probability, all government employees will eventually receive any pay that is missed during a government shutdown. endoftheamericandream.com

16 things you need to know

#1 Hundreds of thousands of "non-essential" federal workers will be told to stay home during a government shutdown. aolnews.com

#2 Those in the military will not receive paychecks during a government shutdown but they will be required to keep performing their duties. washingtonpost.com

#3 The Obama administration is anticipating "significantly lower staffing levels" at the White House if a shutdown happens. washingtonpost.com

endoftheamericandream.com

Source

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 5/28/2011 by tothetenthpower because: Mod Notes

edit on Sat May 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened quote

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Barack Obama will continue to be paid during a government shutdown. content.usatoday.com

It must be nice to get paid to travel the world and not have to do a damn thing!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

15.The annual Cherry Blossom Festival parade in Washington D.C. that is scheduled for this weekend would be cancelled. money.cnn.com

How old is this information?

Washington, DC's annual National Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off tomorrow and runs through April 10, 2011.

www.gadling.com...

Just curious...because you thread title made me think the goverment was shutting down today!
edit on 28-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...link

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hopefully they will shut down permanently!

However not to worry Congress will pass some emergency thousand page bill no one has read and all will be well... Your government is looking out for you!

edit on 28-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If they are non essential, what the hell are the doing there to begin with? Good. Shut them down. I don't care anymore. By the way, I think your thread title is sensationalistic bs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is just a rehashing of what went on this past April.

I don't know if the OP is confused or what but this is old news. The shutdown was averted.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

It must be nice to get paid to travel the world and not have to do a damn thing!

What a silly statement...
Obama is working flat out.....campaigning for 2012..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
agreed, this thread sounds like old news. but, it is quite obvious what the govt. allows itself to get so close to deadlines for. STEPS TO RULE THE WORLD.
1) allow a very near deadline event to occur with no real solution.
2)write a bill that noone has time to read with as many freedom and right removals as possible.
3)propose that because youre so close to deadline the votes must be cast immediately.
4)explain (illigitametly) what is in the bill to the public without showing the negative implication whatso ever
5)force a vote on the bill by uninformed/misinformed congressmen/women and senators.

this waiting until the last minute isnt to get the job done right, it propogated to remove rights and freedoms from the people without regard.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustfarhan

What do you mean it's here? There's nothing in your OP which explains that. Please give evidence of what you are claiming.
edit on 28-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The news media is freaking out because another government shutdown looms.

How many government shutdowns have there been over the last 20 years, and how many US lives were ruined because of them?

One thing I know, is the people who are laid off for a few weeks get back pay. And essential government services never stop functioning.

Imo, Shutdowns demonstrate how much of our federal government we can do without permanently.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why the fear for govt shutdown ? Who is going to shut it down, the RINO republicans? LOL

The lets get some more of that Ukraine and CEO bailout money republicans aren't got to stop the money printing press. Fk it, lets get to a quadrillion, i want my house to go up in value to 1Trillion.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It has shut down many times before, and the world kept turning.

I think having your baseball game rained out it's more disruptive to Americans, than our government shutting down.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The news media is freaking out because another government shutdown looms.

How many government shutdowns have there been over the last 20 years, and how many US lives were ruined because of them?

One thing I know, is the people who are laid off for a few weeks get back pay. And essential government services never stop functioning.

Imo, Shutdowns demonstrate how much of our federal government we can do without permanently.

Can you list any examples of the news media freaking out over a looming shutdown?

None of the MSM sites seem to be freaking out either on the web or on tv.

None of the biased sites you typically use seem to be freaking out either.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But muh National Parks!!!!

top topics

join