It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Recall of 497,000 Pounds of Beef Feared to Be infected With E.Coli.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A meat processing plant in Columbus, Nebraska is recalling 497,000 pounds of beef feared to be infected with E.coli and has been distributed to Sam's Club stores in 10 states. The states include Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah and Wisconsin. Some of the meat could have been sold to other retailers.

Plant Recalls 497,000 Pounds of Beef
The three products -- ground sirloin patties, 80 percent lean beef patties and 90 percent lean fresh ground beef -- all were processed at the Nebraska plant June 21 and sent to stores in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah and Wisconsin.

Health officials said four Minnesota residents and one Wisconsin resident became ill in July after eating sirloin patties contaminated with a harmful strain of E. coli.

Officials said the implicated meat was being pulled from all Sam's Club stores. They also said some of the meat may have been sold by other retailers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This plant has had two other recalls in the past also due to E.coli being found in 1997 and 2002 in ground beef processed at the same Columbus beef processing plant.

Related Links
Hamburger recall rises to 25 million pounds

Plant recalls ground beef on E.coli threat

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
3 strikes and your out...that plant should be permanently shut down

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
3 strikes and your out...that plant should be permanently shut down

That's what I was thinking, its way too many times that they had this problem at that plant, i think they should really close it down.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ground meat = [murder] mystery meat. You have NO idea what went into it. Cow crap perhaps? Clumsy meat packers? Please people do yourselves a favor, don't eat ground meat, sausage, lunchmeats, or gellcaps.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Ground meat = [murder] mystery meat. You have NO idea what went into it. Cow crap perhaps? Clumsy meat packers? Please people do yourselves a favor, don't eat ground meat, sausage, lunchmeats, or gellcaps.

I agree, I eat almost no processed foods, meat or otherwise. VERY bad for you.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Since Cow flatulence is supposed to be destroying the ozone, I do my part to protect it and eat all the cow I can.

Seriously though, eating no meat at all does not save you from getting sick from "something you eat". Think of all the pesticides etc that are used on veggies. Many of those can kill you just as easy or easier than e. coli. Besides, animals taste good.

What do "gellcaps" have to do with any of this?

Should this place be permanently closed? No, but maybe shut down and have people investigate their methods to try and track down a definite cause so it can be avoided in the future.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

It's not that bad. We've been eating the stuff for centuries.

I love hamburgers, and sausage, and lunchmeats. Mmmm Mmmm..

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ugh! My gf and I both got sick from eating steak last night. I wonder if there is a connection.

Meat is murder...now pass the A1 sauce!

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Gellcaps are made from 'downer' cows. Possible Mad Cow and other possibilities.
LOL @ Jonna. Save me a big piece of meat, k? (just not ground meat)

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gelcaps??? Are we talking about these: members.verizon.net...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Link is from Rense, but it is an AP [Associated Press] story:
Second story down
www.rense.com...

new topics

top topics

join