It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5/28/11 Arnie Gundersen tries to testify at NRC meeting on crisis at Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is a new video of Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Assoc. attempting to give testimony to the NRC, on the crisis at Fukushima, and their attempts to stop him from speaking. TPTB don't like what he has to say, so, they do everything they can to disrupt his presentation. If this doesn't make you mad...then I guess nothing will

www.fairewinds.com...
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Tried to watch the vimeo video, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to work (not your fault). But I agree with you whole-heartedly. I believe the world has the right to know what's going on whether the event affects them locally or not. I think the public has the right to choose what information they are exposed to, without censorship, and to make their own decisions about the content. Thanks for your post...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I watched the video. It was very interesting. It was a conference call and after 2 times people being asked to mute their lines due to background noise they never did. He was continuously interrupted The jest of what he was saying was that he had warned them for 6 years and had been ignored the current events in Japan had proved his point. Of course they didn't want him to speak or listen to what he had to say. They might have to make changes in what they are doing and correct their mistakes. None of the guilty parties have any interest in claiming responsibility. Its all about the money.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Its also about a fake sense of safety. They cant sell nuclear power without it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The NRC is CLEARLY in the pocket of the nuclear industry.
their treatment of Gundersen is clearly a disgrace... its obvious they have no desire to listen to him.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That was just a shame! You can tell right away that his voice is not supposed to be heard, and he made it pretty clear that he was only given a very limited window to present his finding anyway.

I don't know if I would of been able to keep it together as well as he did, and actually I thought I heard a beeped out word or two from the background.

It's upsetting and sad...and most people will go completely unaware of his findings, and the true crisis at hand.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is very important!

Everyone should post this wherever they can, make it viral!!

Nobody cares about Fukushima anymore, it's unbelievable!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is a new video of Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Assoc. attempting to give testimony to the NRC, on the crisis at Fukushima, and their attempts to stop him from speaking. TPTB don't like what he has to say, so, they do everything they can to disrupt his presentation. If this doesn't make you mad...then I guess nothing will

I've been involved in lots of telephone conference calls like this.

I think people without experience doing this are drawing conclusions based on their lack of experience. Stuff like this happens, many times with no ill intent.

Sometimes the person making the noise doesn't even realize they're not muted, or they think they are, but they're not. One noise I heard a lot was keyboard keys clicking. You tell them to mute and since they think they are already muted, they don't do anything. It happens, and it doesn't necessarily mean they're out to get you.

The NRC at least acted like they wanted to hear what he had to say. They probably weren't too receptive to him before Fukushima, but now they may be more receptive.

So no, this didn't make me mad, and I think if it makes somebody mad they just don't have much experience with these kinds of telephone conference calls, this stuff can happen purely by accident. That doesn't mean it can't be intentional too, but I see no reason to assume that based on my experience of doing these once a week for years where I observed many times that people were just oblivious to the noises they were making on the conference, and I know they weren't trying to disrupt it.

Originally posted by arufon

The NRC is CLEARLY in the pocket of the nuclear industry.
Now there appears to be some truth to that, and THAT is what should make us mad. It makes me mad, and I'm not sure they are completely "in the pocket" so to speak, but clearly acquiesce too easily to requests of the entities they are regulating, even when granting the requests result in violations of the NRC's own regulations, sometimes they do it anyway!

their treatment of Gundersen is clearly a disgrace... its obvious they have no desire to listen to him.
The fact that they all but ignored him leading up to Fukushima could probably be called disgraceful. But it's not so obvious to me that they won't listen to him now. There is increased awareness of the potential for disaster with leaking containment now and that has to get their attention. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the NRC to see what they do about these issues.

top topics

join