It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashes to ashes, spacemen to cavemen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Sorry FLD, I meant to get back to you before this with a more complete, and not so vague answer, but life got in the way.

I'm confused to who you think says this? Historians do not think technological development is linear and biologists certainly don't think evolution is linear. I fact evolution is non-teleological, ie without any direction.

What I was speaking of in saying linear, was that evolution, by its very definition, is a progression from one thing to something "better". Ape to man, etc. Same with "social evolution". Our civilization and society is thought of as the pinnacle. I just don't think so.

The main problem with your hypothesis of previous "advanced" civilizations (is post-industrial revolution technologies) is that there isn't a shred of evidence for them. Yet there is tons of evidence for the current models.

An advanced civilization doesn't mean their advancements are identical to ours. Or that they were necessarily industrialized. At least in the way we think of industrialized. As to there not being a shred of evidence for them. I'm not so sure of that.

We have found wooden spears from 400,000 years ago, and stone tools from millions of years ago, at times when human populations were tiny compared to now - yet these apparently advanced cultures you hypothesise left nothing at all? How do you account for this?

As I said in my previous post, there is much I am re-examining at the moment. But one thing that remains a constant is my inherent distrust for the prevailing consensus among scientists. I'm not so sure that we have all the evidence at this point to place a blind faith in their conclusions. I still have some study to do on this, because there are things I admittedly don't understand. Yet. But I'm just not buying the official story of our history.

Thanks for the reply. It is food for thought.

edit on 5/30/2011 by Klassified because: Better wording

edit on 5/30/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I will not deny ancient aliens. I am more a believer that we used to be technologically advanced but in a more natural way prior to the ice age. II wouldnt say that these tech cities were found everywhere but sparse. Just like in africa or south America there are many bushmen, tribes etc but miles away there are high tect cities.

There is no doubt that earth has been hit with major catacalysms that put a strain on the human race.

IF we or anyone/thing else has space travelled in the past they would of left a monument on the moon. If aliens visited they would of left something on the moon as well so when the humans develop space travel again they will aim for the moon and find the tru history..... either way makes good reading and imagining.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join