It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashes to ashes, spacemen to cavemen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This too is one of my favorite topics.

Supposedly the Earth has been here 4.5 Billion years, Lets say it even took 2 Billion of that for it to become habitable. That leaves 2.5 Billion years for life to evolve. How long for an intelligent life form to develop? Maybe 300 million years? So in that 2.5 Billion years several civilizations could have developed and been totally erased by the forces of plate tectonics.

Why are obviously intelligently designed objects found in deep bedrock? Only one possibility, they are items that were left over from some previous civilization here hundreds of millions of years ago and were swept under surface by plate tectonics.

I have been told that there were in the past a MINIMUM of 3 advanced civilizations on Earth and that the "visitors" we see in the skies are most likely the descendants of one or more of them. How else would we be found in the vast stretches of the Milky Way galaxy if not by those who know about Earth because it is part of their history?

The person who told me that was not a "light weight" speculator. He was ex-NASA, Skunk works, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and knew Von Braun and Edward Teller personally.

In 1965 my Biology professor tried to tell me that there were certain conditions under which life could exist and that it was in a narrow range of temperatures and conditions. I did not believe him then and I do not believe anyone who is so conceited to think that we are the only intelligent life in the universe and I also do not believe the idiots who try to tell me that we are the only advanced civilization ever to exist on Earth.

Certain people know the real history... and for primarily idiotic religious and political reasons it is being hidden.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've always believed to a fault that there's something greater than us here or nearby at least. I can't accept a universe that's empty either. I just cannot shake the feeling that as we're observing ants and herds of animals on the plains someone else much more advanced is watching us, maybe from above or maybe from everywhere, but either way, it just goes on and on. I can't see us as anything more than tiny beings on a tiny planet in a infinite universe.

Why oh why does every fibre of my being tell me we're not alone? Always been that way.

I used to believe in god. But now I believe I'm just cursed to think this way. I just have this inner energy that's telling me we're swimming in a much vaster intelligence or swarm of intelligences.

We all want to know what the matrix is. The questions only stop when we die.

"Time is the greatest teacher, but sadly it kills all its pupils."

Or is it teaching dna? So we're just the vessels that dna occupies. Dna is the pupil.
edit on 28-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I could be in agreement with your theory. I strongly believe the different races on this planet are really descendants from other worlds. I remember being taught that people of color had dark pigment because it protected them from the hot climate from where they originated from. It doesn't account for their different hair texture, broad nose or thicker lips. The same goes for the Asian culture, with their slight slanted eyes, short stature, and facial features. We can include the native Indians and every other race. Their are just too many different languages, and if we all evolved on this earth the same way, than we should all speak and look the same.

As for the pyramids, I read somewhere that the reason pyramids are found throughout the world is because the continent's plates were once all joined together. They wouldn't have needed boats or other technology to transverse the planet to build their pyramids.

I myself believe this planet was seeded by several extraterrestrial races. There's still a lot questions and mysteries about how or where we came from. Current ancient archeology doesn't account for that age old question.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Accurate History is nearly impossible to obtain, especially the History of the Earth before Humankind existed in its current state.

Honestly we can't really even guess the age of the Earth. Due to the Sun's variable output, radio carbon dating is useless. Maybe the Earth is 4,000,000 years old, maybe it is 125,000,000,000 years old. In all reality we just have no idea. It could be super young in comparison to the numbers I haphazardly threw out there.

We just don't know. In my opinion our Universe is just a small part of a larger whole, or body that we can't even perceive yet. We may not even fully understand the function of time itself.

Basically I wanted to throw out my theory of civilizations on Earth. Lets look at what we do know.

-There are pyramids on every continent, that are very, very old. The best guess I have seen is that some of the pyramids in South America are between 10,000 and 16,000 years old. If the pyramids are on every continent, it seems to me that there had to either be global travel, or global communication. That requires some high technology. Building ships capable of sailing across the ocean, and back would seem to be the lowest possible technology capable of allowing global travel and or communication.

-We have some very old carved stone tablets that indicate that there was a massive deluge/flood at somepoint in the past, which is echoed in many other ancient texts. The Sumerians tell of a huge flood, and a guy that survived it with a ship loaded with beer and animals.

-In South America archeologists have found golden airplane models, that could be over 10,000 years old. Runways have been found, and huge drawings that could only be viewed from the air.

-The ancient Egyptians have drawing of aircraft.

-The ancient Indians have depictions of aircraft.

-Ancient North Americans have pictures of space aliens.

Okay, so lets assume for a second that in fact some or all of the ancient civilizations on this planet had aircraft, and spacecraft. . What does that mean? In my opinion it means that at least one other time in the past Humans were very advanced, or there may have been a completely other species of intelligent beings that lived here.

The thing is, we just don't know what or who was here before. If we look at how long it took for us to be as technologically advanced as we are now from cavemen to spacemen, it is somewhere on the order of 100,000 years. But that is a little deceptive, because we don't really know. It could have been 10,000 years. So if Humans are capable of going from spear chucker to astronaut in 10-100k years, how many times have we gone from spacemen to cavemen and back again? Well at least once that we know of.

Using sea floor core samples, we can get an idea of how the Earths climate has been over a fairly long period of time. It doesn't matter if we are dealing with hundreds of thousands of years of millions of Years, we can see that the Earth's climate is in a constant state of flux, and fairly regularly we go in and out of ice ages. What causes it, we don't really know. It could be a planet x, solar binary companion star situation, or it could be fluctuating solar output. We do get hit with asteroids and comets from time to time as well.

In summary I believe that:
-Earth has been settled by more than one group of ETs, including space faring humans, on many occasions over the years.

-There have been many different highly advanced races of Humans, ETs, and hybrids over the years.
-The Humans that are here now could have gone from spaceman to caveman and back again, hundreds or thousands of times.
-From time to time we get visitors from outer space that come here for various reasons, and stay.
-I believe that the different races of people on this planet are actually from different planets, and we may get more new visitors at any time.
-It is possible that a group of cavemen became spacemen on this planet, left, settled other planets, and those people came back to Earth again later.
-The universe is absolutely filled with life, including many Humans.
-It is possible that we could easily go back to being cavemen again if we aren't careful, or if we are not prepared for the disasters that are possible.

There it is. My theory of ancient civilization.

My High School geography or history teacher was the first one to suggest that idea to me (back in about 1969!) I was fascinated, she was weird, but I enjoyed the concept..
V

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Certain people know the real history

One must ask, who and how do they know it? Also how do you know they know?

Howdy WeRpeons

Question; if you think we are different species from different planets why do we, the 'races', have essentially the same DNA which is also shared with other primates and animals?
edit on 29/5/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Supposedly the Earth has been here 4.5 Billion years, Lets say it even took 2 Billion of that for it to become habitable. That leaves 2.5 Billion years for life to evolve. How long for an intelligent life form to develop? Maybe 300 million years? So in that 2.5 Billion years several civilizations could have developed and been totally erased by the forces of plate tectonics.

On the other hand, maybe 'intelligent ife' capable of using tooks and developing industry is extremely rare and out of all the millions of species that have come and gone which in theory might have done so, so far just one has managed it. Us.

Anyway, aren't we discussing pre historic human civilisations, not dinosapiens or industrial gorgonopsias or talking trilobites?

Pollen, ice core and mud core dats clearly shows that there has been no industrial society on Earth before us. Certiany not during the last ice age nor the last few interglacials. But that does not mean that humans around then were simple hunter gatherers either. And any proto-civiliation around 12,000 years ago woud by now have been covered by the sea or swallowed by the desert.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Howdy Essan again we posted a minute apart again

The problem with a non-human civilization is that an 'advanced' one would have left traces, that even after hundreds of millions years would still show in the sediments. Is such a things possible? yes, is it probable, not very based on what we now know

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
From what is said here about the constant rise and fall of man seems to strike more of a “truth” chord with me than what we are all told what happened in our history in schools and such.
One of the things that struck me as this constant rise and fall of man to not be true is the fact that
early in our history we appear to have different groups of people from around the world that look very different, i.e. dark skin and eye colour of say Jamaica, the blonde hair and blue eyes of Denmark, the ginger hair of Scotland (all a big generalisation to make my point)
But now many countries have become very multi cultural so the people in these countries have a mix of dark and light skin, blue green and brown eyes, blonde, brown, black and ginger hair all in one place.

And so if we have done all this before in the past why have our looks always been so divided in our history? Shouldn’t we all be mixed up and multicultural now if we have done all this before??

I only have one theory of a solution and it’s quite exciting if it’s true (I am no scientist so I will probably be picked apart)

We all change to look like our climate conditions (which is fact anyway), will if a group of dark skinned, brown eyed, black haired people live in Denmark for 1000’s of years they will not need the dark skin, dark eyes and hair to protect them from the high intensities of sunlight that they are used to, will they then begin to become lighter skinned, paler haired and bluer eyed??
And the same goes for blonde haired blue eyed light skinned people in a country like Africa. After 1000’s of years they will grow dark eyed, haired and skinned to protect them from the sun??

So in a breakdown in society where the most important thing to us would be survival. Food shelter and water. we would be stranded to cope with conditions within the location we are in at the time and over 1000’s of years look like the people that originated in that environment.

If this is the case then that would make people with the stupid opinion that their race is superior to others would lay to rest as surely even they would realise that we are all more like brothers than they realise it is just the outcome of our geographical position.

So all in all I think what you say is true, I may need to ponder on the alien part but it may not be so farfetched.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Essan

Howdy Essan again we posted a minute apart again

Well you know what they say about great minds

reply to post by Khao5

Not sure it's that simple. But I understand that the blonde/blue eye gene is dying out - not because the environmental factors that made it advantageous have changed, but because of increased 'cross-breeding' and of course the fact that modern man now changes his environment to suit him, rather than needing to adapt to it, so that such previous adaptions are no longer advantageous (a black African today will survive and breed just as well in Denmark as a Nordic).

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Supposedly the Earth has been here 4.5 Billion years, Lets say it even took 2 Billion of that for it to become habitable. That leaves 2.5 Billion years for life to evolve.

Well, actually it's been developing for around 3.85 billion years.

How long for an intelligent life form to develop? Maybe 300 million years?

Maybe never? Maybe 4 billion years? Why do you say 300 million? There is no inevitability of "intelligent" life (ie self aware technology creators) occurring at all, let alone in some arbitrary time frame.

So in that 2.5 Billion years several civilizations could have developed and been totally erased by the forces of plate tectonics.

Except there isn't a shred of evidence to support this speculation, and there is plenty to falsify it.

Why are obviously intelligently designed objects found in deep bedrock?

They aren't.

The person who told me that was not a "light weight" speculator. He was ex-NASA, Skunk works, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and knew Von Braun and Edward Teller personally.

Well I've got a friend who new Einstein, Newton and Galileo personally, and he says your story is BS.

edit on 29/5/11 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
The best guess I have seen is that some of the pyramids in South America are between 10,000 and 16,000 years old. If the pyramids are on every continent, it seems to me that there had to either be global travel, or global communication. That requires some high technology. Building ships capable of sailing across the ocean, and back would seem to be the lowest possible technology capable of allowing global travel and or communication.

I recommend reading the thread below for more information with this in mind.

A Debunking of Cocaine Mummies

The possibility of ancient trans-oceanic voyaging is discussed. You should google Thor Hyerdahl.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hey there downtown436,

Great OP and I have to say I agree with about 98-99% of what you have said ... this subject of ancient civilizations and the links between them is a project I have been working on and researching for over 17yrs now ... if you'd like to read my thoughts on the subject to see how similar our views are just click the link below (it's the serialized version of my ebook The Atlantean Analysis ... FREE to join ... FREE to read besides the text there are hundreds of pictures and several videos to use as comparrisons between the ancient and the modern etc);

www.theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

Enjoy. Woody

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I could be in agreement with your theory. I strongly believe the different races on this planet are really descendants from other worlds. I remember being taught that people of color had dark pigment because it protected them from the hot climate from where they originated from. It doesn't account for their different hair texture, broad nose or thicker lips. The same goes for the Asian culture, with their slight slanted eyes, short stature, and facial features. We can include the native Indians and every other race. Their are just too many different languages, and if we all evolved on this earth the same way, than we should all speak and look the same.

As for the pyramids, I read somewhere that the reason pyramids are found throughout the world is because the continent's plates were once all joined together. They wouldn't have needed boats or other technology to transverse the planet to build their pyramids.

I myself believe this planet was seeded by several extraterrestrial races. There's still a lot questions and mysteries about how or where we came from. Current ancient archeology doesn't account for that age old question.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're joking. What's next, men really are from Mars and women really are from Venus?

The notion that different races are descended from different alien species is among the most asinine, ignorant, and downright racist "beliefs" I've ever heard. Not only does it completely ignore the verified common genetic history of all peoples, but it flies in the face of common sense, too. How are different alien populations going to somehow converge in a species that can freely breed, communicate, and cooperate on a planet on which there is absolutely no physical or other evidence whatsoever of ever having been visited by aliens?

"I read somewhere that X" does not count as a meaningful statement. "I believe that X" does not qualify as an intelligent position.

Ugh, things like this make me more convinced every single day that we as a species are doomed to a history defined by stupidity, willful ignorance, and the inability to distinguish fantasy from reality. A history that will likely be cut short by self-destruction and short-sightedness.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

We'll Mr. Know it all, maybe you can enlighten us all with how humans came to be on this planet? Everything up to this point is based on scientific theory and many of those have been proven wrong before.

I think it's pretty ignorant and narrow minded on your part in calling my thoughts raciest. Just because I described the different physical traits of different races doesn't mean I'm a raciest!
How else would I explain my point about a possible "theory" that all humans couldn't have been derived from the same source if they had different physical traits and languages.

My theory could be wrong, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels it could be possible.

You have a right to disagree with peoples posts, but please don't attack me or anyone else. If you want to prove your point on why my thoughts are not justified, fine than do it. But don't be so pompous and think you hold the key to how man evolved or came to be. Darwin's theory of evolution, is just that, "a theory."

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Look, dude. When you put in years of research in genetics and biology, you will be qualified to form an opinion about the origins of the Homo Sapiens. Until then, any difference of "theory" you have with the "mainstream" (that is, the community of people who actually do the testing and experiments to determine what is really going on, instead of hanging out on their sofas and imagining things), is essentially meaningless.

You can call me narrowminded if you want to, and you're right in a sense. I don't have an ounce of respect for any idea that nonchalantly dismisses lifetimes of hard work done by people who were more interested in verifying their theories than in forming them. If you call me disrespectful, then what do you call it when someone just waltzes in with no education, no scientific background, and no peer review, and bluntly starts asserting things that make absolutely no sense?

The superficial differences you point out like noses and lips and hair register a firm zero on the scale of genetic importance. They are simply traits of populations. Like people in your family look similar, people in your race also have some physical characteristics in common. This is not a road that leads to "different races are from different planets," and anyone with even an amateur familiarity with genetics would realize that and move on to something more substantial.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I never came across as saying my opinion was fact! It was just my thoughts like everyone else on this site. Maybe my theory could be ignorant on the facts of biology and genetics. That's why we look toward people on this site to "deny ignorance." If you've studied and work in the area of biology and genetics great. Than prove are thinking wrong. I'm sure you can help some of us to better understand how our theories just don't hold water.

...And yes I am educated, with an associate degree in Mechanical CAD technology, certified instructor and I also have a masters degree in business management, but not in biology or genetics. Just because you're educated doesn't mean you know everything. I am constantly learning new things in my own area.

This last paragraph you wrote...

The superficial differences you point out like noses and lips and hair register a firm zero on the scale of genetic importance. They are simply traits of populations. Like people in your family look similar, people in your race also have some physical characteristics in common. This is not a road that leads to "different races are from different planets," and anyone with even an amateur familiarity with genetics would realize that and move on to something more substantial.

It's all you had to say to make your point.

Having said that, keeping with your perspective...their are various plants in this world. Every plant is similar but they have different traits. When you talk about genetically engineered plants, are they not cross breeding different plants to get different traits? Who's to say that when the earth was formed the creator or whoever had to genetically engineer life on this planet had to start somewhere if there was nothing to start with on this planet. How did different races evolve? It's not like you can compare similar physical family traits with completely different race traits, like color, and physical differences. Life just finds a way to evolve?

I respect people who work in any field related to what they do. But even after life long work in a particular area leads scientists and researchers to discover in the end sometimes their initial conclusions were all wrong.

Again, just my lack of knowledge and understanding in this particular area. Any clarification on how these races evolved would probably be enlightening to us all.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Genetic cross-breeding and manipulation is one thing. That's entirely different than saying "Black people came from another planet." There's no real way to say with certainty that different Human populations have not been genetically altered by something in the past.

But that's only because you can't prove a negative.

Occam's Razor demands that it is not the case, however, because there are equally convincing explanations that can just as effectively explain the minute genetic differences among the various races, without resorting to Aliens. Science has found that, time and again, the simplest explanation that accommodates all the known evidence is the most reliable and closest to the truth. Aliens may have genetically modified apes to create Humans, or genetically modified different Human populations to differentiate them into races. Also, evolution acting on its own may have done that. It is more likely that evolution did it, because Earth has everything in its environment to account for that explanation already, without involving aliens. In fact it is so much more likely that evolution did it, that the Alien theory can be safely counted as a "wingnut theory" with no basis in reality whatsoever.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There's no real way to say with certainty that different Human populations have not been genetically altered by something in the past. But that's only because you can't prove a negative.

And that's my point, I don't think science has really found the exact answer yet. So really there is a possibility, no matter how small something had a hand in genetically manipulating our race. Even if we discount my idea that aliens of the same races we find on earth originated elsewhere in the universe.

So how would you explain the difference in language? All of the same animal species like bears, dogs, and birds have the same way of communicating. Why does the human species have different ways of communicating. Shouldn't we all speak the same language?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

There's no real way to say with certainty that different Human populations have not been genetically altered by something in the past. But that's only because you can't prove a negative.

And that's my point, I don't think science has really found the exact answer yet. So really there is a possibility, no matter how small something had a hand in genetically manipulating our race. Even if we discount my idea that aliens of the same races we find on earth originated elsewhere in the universe.

So how would you explain the difference in language? All of the same animal species like bears, dogs, and birds have the same way of communicating. Why does the human species have different ways of communicating. Shouldn't we all speak the same language?

You're reading selectively. The inability to prove a negative in no way implies its opposite.

As for language, there are entire sciences devoted to that, and they have most of the answers you're looking for. See: anthropology, etymology, etc. etc.

Animals do not speak, Humans do. We have different languages because we have cultures that developed in different areas. Modern American English is vastly different from the English we used when the Declaration of Independence was written, for example, and that's only 240 years' difference. Imagine what English would be like here a thousand years from now. Language evolves very quickly, and culturally separated populations' language evolve separately (go figure).

You can trace many English words back go Latin and Germanic languages, and you can trace those languages back farther. It's done all the time, why is this a mystery to you?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I know animals don't speak.
I meant they growl or bark the same way. As why it's a mystery to me, I just always felt that if their was intelligent life on other planets, they should all speak the same language.

I'll have to look more into this now that we've had this conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join