It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashes to ashes, spacemen to cavemen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Accurate History is nearly impossible to obtain, especially the History of the Earth before Humankind existed in its current state.

Honestly we can't really even guess the age of the Earth. Due to the Sun's variable output, radio carbon dating is useless. Maybe the Earth is 4,000,000 years old, maybe it is 125,000,000,000 years old. In all reality we just have no idea. It could be super young in comparison to the numbers I haphazardly threw out there.

We just don't know. In my opinion our Universe is just a small part of a larger whole, or body that we can't even perceive yet. We may not even fully understand the function of time itself.

Basically I wanted to throw out my theory of civilizations on Earth. Lets look at what we do know.

-There are pyramids on every continent, that are very, very old. The best guess I have seen is that some of the pyramids in South America are between 10,000 and 16,000 years old. If the pyramids are on every continent, it seems to me that there had to either be global travel, or global communication. That requires some high technology. Building ships capable of sailing across the ocean, and back would seem to be the lowest possible technology capable of allowing global travel and or communication.

-We have some very old carved stone tablets that indicate that there was a massive deluge/flood at somepoint in the past, which is echoed in many other ancient texts. The Sumerians tell of a huge flood, and a guy that survived it with a ship loaded with beer and animals.

-In South America archeologists have found golden airplane models, that could be over 10,000 years old. Runways have been found, and huge drawings that could only be viewed from the air.

-The ancient Egyptians have drawing of aircraft.

-The ancient Indians have depictions of aircraft.

-Ancient North Americans have pictures of space aliens.

Okay, so lets assume for a second that in fact some or all of the ancient civilizations on this planet had aircraft, and spacecraft. . What does that mean? In my opinion it means that at least one other time in the past Humans were very advanced, or there may have been a completely other species of intelligent beings that lived here.

The thing is, we just don't know what or who was here before. If we look at how long it took for us to be as technologically advanced as we are now from cavemen to spacemen, it is somewhere on the order of 100,000 years. But that is a little deceptive, because we don't really know. It could have been 10,000 years. So if Humans are capable of going from spear chucker to astronaut in 10-100k years, how many times have we gone from spacemen to cavemen and back again? Well at least once that we know of.

Using sea floor core samples, we can get an idea of how the Earths climate has been over a fairly long period of time. It doesn't matter if we are dealing with hundreds of thousands of years of millions of Years, we can see that the Earth's climate is in a constant state of flux, and fairly regularly we go in and out of ice ages. What causes it, we don't really know. It could be a planet x, solar binary companion star situation, or it could be fluctuating solar output. We do get hit with asteroids and comets from time to time as well.

In summary I believe that:
-Earth has been settled by more than one group of ETs, including space faring humans, on many occasions over the years.

-There have been many different highly advanced races of Humans, ETs, and hybrids over the years.
-The Humans that are here now could have gone from spaceman to caveman and back again, hundreds or thousands of times.
-From time to time we get visitors from outer space that come here for various reasons, and stay.
-I believe that the different races of people on this planet are actually from different planets, and we may get more new visitors at any time.
-It is possible that a group of cavemen became spacemen on this planet, left, settled other planets, and those people came back to Earth again later.
-The universe is absolutely filled with life, including many Humans.
-It is possible that we could easily go back to being cavemen again if we aren't careful, or if we are not prepared for the disasters that are possible.

There it is. My theory of ancient civilization.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

the last line that you mention that we could go back to cavemen makes the most sense to me...when talking about catastrophes that could ruin a planet I often think of how the ideas of education and learning will go out the window. Our number one goal will be survival and if that's the case who here is going to remember how to make a micro chip or better yet enough power to generate the computers to do it...I think if a cataclysm was to hit this world we indeed would be back in the stone age. Certain climates would be decimated and only a small population of people would survive say after about two to three years...and at that point it's no longer looting and stealing but hunting and planting crops...education as far as the alphabet comes back much later when colonies are created once again..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You would be suprised how many people probably think something along similiar lines too.

Good outline of your opinion.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
It is possible that a group of cavemen became spacemen on this planet, left, settled other planets, and those people came back to Earth again later.

How?

How did a group of cavemen become spacemen? Once they were spacemen what did they leave behind when they went off to settle another planet?

Look at our endeavours to outer space. Let us just say that one day we built a spaceship so big that we could all get on it and leave. Did we scoop up our cities? Did we demolish our launch platform?

We would have left something behind that clearly identifies vast civilisations of a technologically advanced species.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I wouldn't agree with the 10'000 year figure.. Most of our technological advances have come within the last 100 years or so.. Also we know very little about civilisation more than 5000 years old..
I think anyone who has done a little bit of research into ancient civilisations will agree, the evidence for an advanced civilisation before ours is quite compeling..

Most of what we know about humankind are theories, even evoloution is a theory.. Sometimes when new evidence that contradicts main stream science comes to light, they chose to ignore it, rather than rewrite the history books..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All you have to look at is the massive cover up going on in the archaeological community to realize that the timeline of Earth's history that we're being told simply doesn't make sense.

This is my favorite topic at the moment.

Machined items from hundreds of millions of years ago, even billions of years ago, have been found in rock strata that has been accurately dated, including items made of exotic compound metals that would be impossible to produce even using today's technology.

The history of Earth is far more complex than we're being led to believe, and there is a massive conspiracy going on to cover up the truth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

It is possible that a group of cavemen became spacemen on this planet, left, settled other planets, and those people came back to Earth again later.

How?

How did a group of cavemen become spacemen? Once they were spacemen what did they leave behind when they went off to settle another planet?

Look at our endeavours to outer space. Let us just say that one day we built a spaceship so big that we could all get on it and leave. Did we scoop up our cities? Did we demolish our launch platform?

We would have left something behind that clearly identifies vast civilisations of a technologically advanced species.

I have to disagree with your argument... After 10'000 years or so, there would be virtually nothing left that has been man made.. Metal, wood, plastic etc would all decompose..
Also there are examples of ancient relics but we are bewildered by them and don't understand them, so we chose to ignore them..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

After 10'000 years or so, there would be virtually nothing left that has been man made.. Metal, wood, plastic etc would all decompose..

Many metal objects would still be around. Mines and quarries would be obvious for hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of years depending on size and location. Plastic will survive for millions of years. Maybe hundreds of millions of years (it will one day be the geological signature of the Anthropocene).

And if looking back just 10,000 years then the domestication of animals and plants will be a very big and very obvious signal. Or maybe prior civilisations ate only wild animals and plants?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i completly agree. i think humans always reach a point in adsvancement then somehow something happens where they wipe themselves out. it would be nice to see the history books rewritten to say this but it will never happen.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

How?

Maybe something like this?
en.wikipedia.org...

The Antikythera mechanism (play /ˌæntɪkɪˈθɪərə/ ant-i-ki-theer-ə or /ˌæntɪˈkɪθərə/ ant-i-kith-ə-rə) is an ancient mechanical computer[1][2] designed to calculate astronomical positions. It was recovered in 1900–1901 from the Antikythera wreck.[3] Its significance and complexity were not understood until decades later. Its time of construction is now estimated between 150 and 100 BC.[4] The degree of mechanical sophistication is comparable to a 19th century Swiss clock

edit on 28-5-2011 by newcovenant because: insert picture

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Take into consideration that, perhaps, ancient civilizations did invent advanced technologies (equal to or greater than what we currently have) and that they abandoned and destroyed these technologies upon discovering the detrimental effects they can have on the environment and themselves.

Just a thought...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by originunknown

It won't happen unless you have conclusive evidence to support what you think. History books are based on verifiable facts, not fantasy

There is a mass of verifiable evidence which precludes the existence of an advanced civilisation on this planet at any time in the geologically recent past. There is zero evidence in support of such a conjecture.

Idle and mis-informed speculation is not evidence.

btw other evidence would include atmospheric composition (an advanced civilisation would have industrial processes which in turn would mean pollution) and changes in land-use and vegetation cover. Again, such evidence is notable by its absence. All the signals for civilisation are totally missing until the last few thousand years.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

10,000 years ago half of North America was under a mile or so of ice. Any evidence there [IF THERE WERE ANY] would have been crushed and or scrapped away by advancing glaciers or even possibly been washed away when all the Ice Age melt off broke their ice dams and let loose floods of possibly [biblical proportions] from fresh water inland seas washing away any signs of cultures or civilizations along rivers and over flat terrain etc.

I'm not saying our ancient cousins were space travelers but, There is plenty of circumstantial evidence which points to [slightly more advanced] megalithic/prehistoric cultures and possibly early civilizations scattered around the globe most of which were probably located along ancient river valleys and Earth'ss ice age coastlines [which are now under the sea]

I've outlined that possible scenario in these threads. They may be of interest to some.

Enjoy...

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

and...

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2
edit on 28-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The dreaded double post strikes again.

edit on 28-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If you had a group pf people from various back grounds crash land on a deserted island and they all survived, what would happen to the technology? After a while, the cell phones would not work, building and structures would be of basic need and design, everyone would know and remember TVs ...radios...microwaves...space travel, but no one could reproduce it....after a few generations, it would become legend...myth.

Like many cultures and people, I believe man has risen and fallen several times...by way of clamity, war, or natural disaster. Man is resillient, but each time he has to start all over.

After the initial survivors emerge and re-establish some form of civilization, all that they held dear is gone and what is left degenerates or forms the basis for new technology....or turns to myth and legend.

For instance, what if the Great Pyramid at Giza is really old... more like 20,000 years old. And all the other pyramids that were suppose to be the evolution to the Great Pyramid were actually poor attempts at trying to reproduce or copy it?

What if Atlantis is really a metaphor for not just an island civilization, but all of an ancient civilization...not an island, but the entire ancient world community prior to 20,000 BC?

What if Atlantis is just another retelling of a multi-cultural , multi-continnental "Biblical" flood from a different viewpoint?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

In ten or twenty thousand years what would remain of our advanced technology? There would be nothing of us left that would not be covered by the theories of the race that took our place. Like us with ancient man they would assume us to be uncivilized barbarians and make of our obvious wonders various temples and shrines to fit in with their conception of how they came into being.

It would only take a few short generations for technological advancement to fall back into the realms of superstition and magick if it was lost. How else would our grandchildren understand the magick box we stare into called television, or the wonders of another box that would allow you to communicate with others, observe the known heavens and predict earth patters and changes. If we lost it to our descendants they would become miracles of prophecy and divine power.

We as a civilization have already seen this happen once. Now what was called superstition and magick is once again re-entering the realms of respectable science. If it destroys us then we will go through a dark age again. If we manage to evolve together then we have a chance. That's probably the best lesson to take from the past.
edit on 28/5/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by originunknown

It won't happen unless you have conclusive evidence to support what you think. History books are based on verifiable facts, not fantasy

There is a mass of verifiable evidence which precludes the existence of an advanced civilisation on this planet at any time in the geologically recent past. There is zero evidence in support of such a conjecture.

Idle and mis-informed speculation is not evidence.

btw other evidence would include atmospheric composition (an advanced civilisation would have industrial processes which in turn would mean pollution) and changes in land-use and vegetation cover. Again, such evidence is notable by its absence. All the signals for civilisation are totally missing until the last few thousand years.

History is the committing to writing of the dominant world view. It is a story we place on top of facts to help us understand them. History is a theory like everything else and is just as subject to mans own ignorance as anything else.
edit on 28/5/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There's also another way to associate this rise and fall of man, having to start over, in a philosophical sense too. With Albert Camus' thesis, "The Myth of Sisyphus". Which I think encapsulates the 'human condition' as represented by the discussion in this thread.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It is very possible we don't even know what year it is. The only real communication we have from the past is written in stone. That doesn't mean those people were unintelligent, it just means that's all that survived. Look at todays storage media. Electronic forms will at best last for 100 years(est. for a gold archival cd). Paper can last a surprisingly long time under the right circumstances but it can be destroyed in seconds if its not. I would also like to point out that just because a civilisations technology is different that ours it doesn't make it any more or less advanced. They may have sent information thru crystals sending light over large distances as opposed to our internet, same end, different means. These are some very "matrix-ish" ideas that we start over with nothing every now and again, but in light of even the current earth changes I don't think it's so far fetched.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GGEden
There's also another way to associate this rise and fall of man, having to start over, in a philosophical sense too. With Albert Camus' thesis, "The Myth of Sisyphus". Which I think encapsulates the 'human condition' as represented by the discussion in this thread.

An interesting point. But only those who originally survived a cataclysm would get a glimpse of the boulder rolling back down the hill. For those who came after that, it would be the first time they ever pushed the boulder up the hill.

Nevertheless, looking at history as whole, or what we know of it, this is a good analogy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join