It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions needed! what major should i choose if i wanna study conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
big fan of this site and everything on it, especially the secret groups/conspiracies/aliens/ufo/time travel and blah. what should i major in for college?
edit on 28-5-2011 by tvkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Volcanology, Seismology, or something similar would probably be my suggestion. Studying conspiracies isn't a job, if you want to make a living out of conspiracy theory, you're major would have to be communications.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I recommend journalism. Anyone who reports on the truth is a conspiracy theorist.. Lou Dobbs. Jim Marrs. Alex Jones. ect. all report the news. good luck not getting killed reporting something you aren't supposed to know.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i reckon philosophy and critical thinking. journalism should cover that too. im doing a critical thinking paper and it teaches me how to construct strong arguments and look at things critically

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is what im working towards

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tvkiller

i would say study debate and constitution law. heck even if you studied art or welding you could use it as a vehicle to get the truth out. what ever you choose, if it's something you're passionate about you will find success.

good luck,

-subfab

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How about the obvious........political science ??

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Number one, make sure you choose a major that you can do something with. Conspiracy evolves from knowledge, there is no particular major that studies conspiracy alone, but there are majors that can give you a great foundation to base your theories off of.

With that said, I agree that your major should be communications, you can take an interest in World History, Ancient History, Political Science, etc... but your major needs to be something you can use, if not it will be a big waste of time and money.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Drop out and buy some used books. "Accredited" indoctro-education is part of the grand conspiracy.

Flatter, then heavily in-debt the smart ones to the system...

got your student loan bill yet?

get a job, join the corporation, do as your told... you owe us.

Sri Oracle
edit on 28-5-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You don't need a college degree to become educated in the fallacies that have come to be.. All you need is a good mind and a motive to be able to think for yourself. But if you're in college for a chance of a secured future (financially), pick something that has a future demand (i.e: anything to do with computer science, cyber security, tangibility- real world stuff, etc...).. I'm 29 and back in college for structural engineering as my background supports that. The problem with many students these days is that they are spending thousands in debt for degrees that have very little applicability on the other end, otherwise said to be useless degrees with not much hope for reliable jobs after they get out..
edit on 28-5-2011 by rstregooski because: sdaf

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Computer Science...so that you will have a job and enough idle time and money to investigate conspiracy theories in your spare time.

Money doesn't guarantee happiness, but a care-free, easy life REQUIRES money. Don't let anyone tell you different.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Given what I see on this site every day, get an English degree. Ha!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Law - do something about it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thology for sure, incorporate physics, mechanicall engineering, meteorology. The stuff that helps debunk a lot of garbage that would normally consume time, effort, and your money. To be able to tell a UFO is just a blimp or something else by pictures is a lot cheaper than going to where it happened to get "eyewitness testimony", only to find out it was a hoax. good luck.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Political Sociology, World History, Journalism and Financing.

2nd Line

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by psychoacoustic1

I see alot of good responses but you are the only one who said world history.

I see people quoting history that as far as I know never happened.
If you don't know where you been, you can't know where your'e going!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

either 1or both , archeology/psycology. Psychology gives understanding of how and why people think and feel as they do. Archeology because you dig up the past which is important when assesing/contemplating facts and decisions. Good luck in your studies

top topics

join