It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alex Jones Paradigm (conundrum)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I would like to begin this thread by stating that I was reading an Alex Jones thread and I realized a conundrum here on ATS. Now I realize that some on ATS do not like A.J. I am one of them. This thread is not about bashing or poking fun at anyone. Even though I disagree with alot of what he has to say, I will refrain from the white trash stuff for a minute. I also notice that most on ATS support him. (this is just from the comments I have read on threads about him) So please read and you can chime in on your thoughts on this.

So here we go. I was reading a thread posted by another member. I will not state what thread or member because it really does not matter. We all know what Alex is about and what his show reports on. There are many threads with his videos that I do not want to duplicate.

I would like to state when Alex got his start in broadcasting.

He began his career in Austin with a live, call-in format Public-access television cable TV program. In 1996, Jones switched format to KJFK, hosting a show named The Final Edition.[21] In 1998, he released his first film, America Destroyed By Design.

In 1998, Jones organized a successful effort to build a new Branch Davidian church as a memorial to those who died during the 1993 fire that ended the government's siege of the original Branch Davidian complex near Waco, Texas.[22] He often featured the project on his Public-access television program and claimed that Koresh and his followers were peaceful people who were murdered by Attorney General Janet Reno and the ATF during the siege.[21

//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)]]//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

So it shows that A.J. got his start in 1996. In 1998, he released his first film, America Destroyed By Design. By this he has been saying that America will fall. He has been saying this for 13 years. This is fine with me. I used to listen to his show and according to him america falling is pretty much a done deal. Most of his videos state some sort of American crisis and we all need to take action. That is also fine with me.

Now mind you he has been saying this for 13 years. For thirteen years the US is doomed.

Now on to the second part about prophecies and predictions.

proph·e·cy  /ˈprɒfəsi/ Show Spelled
[prof-uh-see] Show IPA

–noun, plural -cies.
1. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.
2. something that is declared by a prophet, especially a divinely inspired prediction, instruction, or exhortation.
3. a divinely inspired utterance or revelation: oracular prophecies.

World English Dictionary
prediction (prɪˈdɪkʃən)

— n
1. the act of predicting
2. something predicted; a forecast, prophecy, etc

//dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophecy

I read these threads quite often. I find them amusing. I really like the end of times one's. One thing I notice is how many people come on the threads saying that it is stupid, a waste of time, or the whole forum should be taken out. Even though they took the time to read it. They are being most disrespectful and seem proud of it. Now I have no idea how many of these people are against the prophecy and predictions and are all for Alex Jones. I am assuming from the amount of supporters he has, the numbers are pretty high.

Now when I think of Alex Jones these days, I almost see him as a prophet instead of a reporter or activist..He keeps talking how we are going down. He has followers, dedicated followers and will sell you any survival product you need.

So here is the conspiracy. I call it a conspiracy because of his followers. They band together, plot rallies, and preach "THE END". The conspiracy consists of A.J. supporters and the hypocritic values they bestow towards everybody else.

How can people sit and support A.J and say "he is so right and we need to do something", "Be prepared folks for the revolution", they have been saying this for decades and decades and his predictions have still not panned out. ....But yet when someone puts a thread out there in the predictions and prophecy forum and it does not come true, people want to ban them? It is ok to support someone that has been stating for decades that the bottom is falling out, making millions off of people like us and then to shun or poke fun of someone trying to be honest and helpful and not making one dime off of their post.

Remember most of the replies on the prediction threads state that if enough people say it for long enough, one prediction will come true. Well the same guy is still saying the same thing for decades and it still has not come true. Will it? Given enough time it will. Or will it? If it does then "someone"(not naming names) says "I told you so".

The point I am trying to say is, watch out. You may be part of a grand conspiracy. One that is made to make you believe certain things. Like you are awake, like the end is near, like you are not a sheeple, like the time is now. He could be there to implant ideas of revolution in your head. Which I think he does. A conspiracy so grand that you cannot see that you are being taken by a prophet and twisted into someone that is confused and hypocrytic.

After reading this thread over I think this has turned into a hybrid, rant, conspiracy thread. This thread might be the conundrum.
I hope it made sense. If not I just exercisaed my typing fingers. I hope I got some of you thinking.( and not how dumb I am) I am tired and I had a grand idea. But now that I think about it. Oh well I hope you had a nice read.

It has not fallen out yet folks. The joke is on you.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I realize that this will not be a popular thread. I was up and could not get to sleep. As a matter of fact I have to be at a fishing tournament in 3 hours.

I just wanted to state a problem that I have noticed for some time here on ATS.

I call it a problem because most that claim to be "awake" are nohting more than followers of some other idea.

I probably could have saved alot of confusion, finger strength, and just typed that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I listen to AJ occasionally, sometimes he has some interesting guests on. I've never been a fan of his presenting style as it generally makes believers in alternative theories sound like loud mouthed crazy reactionary's. He also exaggerates or just plane lies. When I hear what he has to say about whats going on in my own country the UK, he really does make stories up or just exaggerates them beyond recognition.

I dont believe he's a paid up disinfo, but I'm sure TPTB see him more as a useful idiot for muddying up the waters and striking fear into his listeners than a threat.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I dont believe he's a paid up disinfo, but I'm sure TPTB see him more as a useful idiot for muddying up the waters and striking fear into his listeners than a threat.

I think about this often. I am sure that TPTB has mixed feelings for A.J..

As far as paid disinfo. To me that is kind of what he is.... Like you say he sensationalizes alot of his reporting. He has to keep the listener's, listening...Therefore making him some money. As far as TPTB paid, I doubt it.

Thank you for your input.
edit on 28-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I've been listening to AJ since 2000 and his predictions have kind of come to pass, Increasing federal power grabs , economic calamity (which hasn't played itself out yet).He said day one Obama would not rein in the bankers.He spoke out against Iraq and was correct.I know he gets things wrong and can exaggerate but i think you have to give him credit also.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I listen to Jones

It's pure entertainment. Great entertainment at that.

The whole Charlie sheen fiasco was hilarious..
Magellan IS A LOT KOOLER THEN JUSTIN BEIBLER!!!

That is where the lines drawn

Oh and he nailed the TSA pat downs, he was on it
before anyone else in the media....
Ranting and Raving about how screwed up it is.
edit on 28-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

He says that fluoride is bad for you. Presents experts to discuss

Vaccines can be dangerous. More experts.

Govt. is corrupt, financial institutions are cheating you. Book writers, more experts.

Some of the writers on his forums are very good. Short essays well documented.

Contrast with Rush, Beck, Ingraham. MSM. A parade of hacks as experts.

Doomsday posters on the forums are well tolerated. Alex has attracted many creative and insightful people.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
To me, the good still outweighs the bad. Sort of.

It took about a year of listening to Jones Show and actually checking things out to realize just what he is all about. Jones himself is a hybrid. People looking for simple black and white answers will end up frustrated because it's more complicated than that, it has many layers and many different dynamics all working towards who knows how many different goals. It's chess not checkers.

First of all, not everything Alex says is a lie. Not everything Alex says is true. If people could just accept this simple premise, it would eliminate 90% of the AJ threads.

When I listen to Alex's show, not an hour goes by where he isn't outright lying or making huge logic leaps or twisting things to his purpose. He also makes thoughtful, intelligent comments.

For me, you either have credibility or you don't. A few bad decisions and selling out a few too many times and I'm done giving you the benefit of the doubt, from then on in, everything needs to be verified and this is absolutely necessary with Alex Jones if you're truly interested in "the truth" and not into being led around by the nose. He must laugh to himself when he tells his listeners to "check it for yourselves" knowing full well that the ones that do often see a different picture than the one he tries to paint.

Like most things, he gets away with it because it's his "opinion" and just like all MSM "news", they can lie to your face just by claiming shows are "opinion".

Most critical thinkers truly looking for answers eventually learn how to filter the Alex Jones types and that just leaves the naive and gullible to remain loyal fans. The ones that love the Bible thumping aspects, the stupid voices and screaming tirades and the incessant need to shape every single conversation to his exact needs.

Despite all the problems I have with Alex Jones, the fact that he is out there does more "good" than bad. People would have no clue what's happening on so many issues otherwise, not because it's not out there, but because Alex is charismatic, gathers it all together and delivers it in a way many like and find entertaining. Show BUSINESS in the end though.

Many have a loyalty to Jones for "waking them up", despite realizing later just how twisted and false many things he says afterwards prove to be, they will use my "good outweighs the bad" argument to excuse, and worse yet, accept it all. I'm not so forgiving, but from where I'm sitting, I'd rather people at least get exposed to these things, they'll wise up eventually or they wont. So as hard as it is to stomach sometimes, Alex Jones being on the air might be a good thing. It brings a lot of new people around.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I don't understand the recent Alex Jones bashing lately (not directing this towards you).. His biggest drive to me seems to be making people aware of the madness today, or waking people up, so to speak. It's not like he's up there saying, "I predict this...", Although he does call out some stuff that's supposedly likely to happen. Some of this comes to be, and some doesn't. He did in a way call out the Bin Laden blame game in 2001 before 9/11 (as did Bill Cooper).. I just don't get all the folks calling him out as a CIA asset. The material that comes out of his site (for the most part), and the guests on his show, in general, are rather creditable in many cases...
edit on 28-5-2011 by rstregooski because: bc

new topics

top topics

join