It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delayed-notice Search Warrants on the rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I wanted to post this on ATS as I only see one other thread on this here: Delayed Notice Search Warrants: (get a load of these! Good-bye Rights)

These things are just as bad as SWAT teams breaking and entering without a search warrant if you ask me (but of course w.o the murder factor in which most cases we've seen unfortunately). How can these even be allowed especially by the government as this is outright blatant burglary? Inconceivable. Thank you George Double-Crosser Bush for that nice little gift called the Patriot Act you've given us!

These search warrants don’t involve knocking on doors or any type of warning at all. Delayed-notice search warrants, or "sneak-and-peek" warrants, allow federal agents to enter your home without telling you they’ve been there until months later. The warrants have always been around, but their use has spiked since the War on Terror and revamped Patriot Act was signed in 2005. The number of delayed-notice search warrants spiked nationally from nearly 700 in fiscal year 2007 to approaching close to 2,000 in 2009.

The link below to the article also has a news article for those interested.

Source

edit on 5/28/2011 by Conspiracy Now because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2011 by Conspiracy Now because: (no reason given)

new topics

join