It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA footage gets a little spacey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

New NASA footage gets a little spacey

news.cnet.com

One particularly strange--well nigh psychedelic--section of the footage begins at about 16:40, with an eerie moaning sound. It's a Hollywood sound designer's fever dream, as we hear spooky breathing noises; creaking and groaning; a banshee wail. And the cinematographer isn't doing too well, either: The Earth starts spinning and warping; spiky lens flares streak out from the sun; a trail of smoke from the other lost booster angles across the frame

Read more: news.cnet.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This is some truely amazing footage from the shuttles last trip to space.

What is particularly interesting is the weird images and sounds from the mics and cameras.

Most likely it is just some normal sounds, and lens distortion, but to some it might be more than that.

Look at the link for some awesome pictures.
I really hope that one day, we will discover all the secrets of space, and not too far into the future, but still during our livetimes.

vvv

news.cnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Here is the video that is discussed in the article. It is RAW footage some it is rather long, and some bits there is not really much happenning, but still worth checking it out.

The interesting bits are between 16 and 20 minutes.

VVv

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Wow I watched the 16-20 minute mark and it was kind of spooky. Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Oof, I need to go eat a soda cracker... I think I just got a major case of motion sickness.

That was like watching Darth Vadar in a downward spiral of death plummeting to the earth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What is that at 17:22?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
what can i say, nothing but awesome footage and sound especially around the 16/22 minute mark, if you close your eyes it would remind you of Aliens, All i was waiting for was " stop your grinning and drop your linen " phrase and i was there, great post S&F well done

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
From what I see, the video camera was on the parts (solid rocket boosters) that were discharged. Maybe the spinning had an effect on the sound that was recorded?

After watching the entire 16-20, it looks like the sound was coming from the discharged parts (rocket boosters) falling back into the atmosphere of Earth.

reply to post by foxhoundone

Yes. Aliens is the next movie I have on my agenda now.

Edit - If the camera was on the parts discharged that fell into the ocean, that stuff fell QUICK!

Edit 2 - I think it was the rocket boosters that had the camera on them. Nevertheless, that was an awesome sound!

Edit 3 - "I said I want you to lay down suppersing fire with the incinerators and fall back by squads to the APC and.....RAAAWWWRRRR AHHHHH Sarrge!!!!
edit on 28-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Wow.. I don't have a clue as to what that might be..

Could it maybe have something to do with a discharge of waste material?

WOW.. totally weird..! Can you imagine having to work or sleep with that sound up there?

I've never heard anything like that before except for Sound designer effects in a production studio..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Simply awesome,

The re-entry, with the shoots opening and landing in the water was amazing to watch

Some crazy sounds too, Hollywood will be grabbing the audio from this for sure

Many thanks for sharing this,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Probably use this for Gitmo while the detainees are sleeping.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So anyone got any theories on what this might possibly be?

Vvv

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nah, just the sound of re-entry.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Comatose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Thanks for this absolutely amazing footage.

I've always considered astronauts to be the ballsiest people on the plant, now I know they are!

Anyone know what is happening between 14:00 to 14:25 though? Can't make it out, it looks like what I would imagine it's like to travel through a wormhole :-)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Three options

1, Space is like the ocean. Plausible.
2, It's cause of the vibrations. plausible
3, We have to check our dolphin population right now, if they are gone you know we are doomed. q=

Good vid!

Peace

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Awesome video, thanks for the share

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Watched the whole thing. What an amazing piece of footage that was! Thank you for sharing it.

I noticed that the same camera position on the other booster produced much the same sounds. Last section of the video is where this is located. I believe, after watching the first one touch down, that the camera is housed inside a housing on the side of the booster or something to that effect, and the sounds we are hearing are the internal structures of the booster as pressure and structural degradation are affecting the booster. We can see pieces of material flying off throughout the fall back to earth, and I think due to the housing of this particular camera, sounds are amplified and actually rumble THROUGH the camera.

Very eerie sounding and I absolutely agree we will hear those sounds again in the next big budget space movie. We who have heard it raw will know where they got the sounds though.

S&F to you VVV for finding and sharing this with us. A truly unique experience. Thanks again.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Woah. That was seriously some Hollywood-esque type stuff. At 17:17? What the heck was that?! I expect to hear this whole audio component on Trent Reznor's next album. Thanks for linking.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
So anyone got any theories on what this might possibly be?

Vvv

I'm going to take a wild guess here...

This is from the formerly "Solid" rocket booster which is now hollow. The sound starts to increase and grows as the now hollow rocket booster falls closer and deeper into Earths atmosphere. I could imagine the large hollow tube resonating like a badly played flute/wind instrument with the ever increasing and dense atmosphere which is pressing in and past the now open bottom section of the large hollow tube.

Also the rocket would creek and moan from the twisting action of it's tumble back to Earth as Gravity increasingly takes hold.

Just a guess..

edit on 28-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
obviously that camera didn't just pop into space. what you see is the rockets and the transport shooting off as it drops parts of its loads. the earth is warping because of the fish eyed lens the camera has equipped. i don't see any unnatural phenomenon if thats what you're asking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join