It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is another book by Alexandra Robbins (author of "Secrets of The Tomb) it's called "Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities".

www.alexandrarobbins.com...

She is an interesting author, she really goes "undercover" and finds the inside story.

CC

[edit on 5-8-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Here is another book by Alexandra Robbins (author of "Secrets of The Tomb) it's called "Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities".

She is an interesting author, she really goes "undercover" and finds the inside story.

I volunteered to go "undercover" and get the "inside" story within the sororities at three different universities that I attended, mixed success, and nothing to write about (good boys night out material though).

out.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We have been discussing Pledged in the fraternity/sorority thread. It's an interesting book, but a think is mostly fictional.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The book isn't fictional, in Secrets of the Tomb, she interviewed actual members, and I belived travelled to their private island if I remember correctly, and in this book, she actually did enter a sorority undercover, but changed the names to protect the girls that gave her inside access.

CC

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A lot of the things she wrote in her sorority book were false. I'm in a sorority and many of the rituals she published were entirely untrue. I applaud her as a journalist, but I think she was unethical in publishing rituals, however wrong they may be.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm not in college yet, but maybe some of the stuff she wrote about simply doesn't happen in your sorority.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I heard about things that happened at my school. Things that made me want to crash a pledge hazing event. Things that...oh never mind.
Girls running across campus naked, and stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a pretty interesting book. We have been talking about it in the New Fraternity secrets thread. You should check it out. We have had a pretty heated discussion on hazing recently.

new topics

top topics

join