It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma Has Been Scientifically Proven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Various traditions actually use the word differently. Karma CAN play out in this life, in many versions.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How can they prove something that you have to work through many life times?

Anyways, I believe that as we discover more and more things, science will eventually get back to ancient civilization's teachings. It's like climbing back to the truth. I trust ancient civs more than science.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Karma is a non-religious concept that is apparhent all around us.. It is more like a cosmic law, or a part of the machine known as the universe.

Now another possible thread would be, is there a "negative Karma" effect? In other words, there are some very evil F!@#s out there that seem to have it all. The ole "pact with the devil" theory. Anyone ever look into that?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SANman

Thats why people need reincarnation to keep the "cosmic justice" version of karma running. They can pretend that yes, these evil jerks are living large and partying like Paris Hilton in this life, but surely they will come back a pimple on a worms butt.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANman
Karma is a non-religious concept that is apparhent all around us.. It is more like a cosmic law, or a part of the machine known as the universe.

Now another possible thread would be, is there a "negative Karma" effect? In other words, there are some very evil F!@#s out there that seem to have it all. The ole "pact with the devil" theory. Anyone ever look into that?

Maybe they don't have it all. Maybe you hold material goods as "having it all" when in reality humans are much deeper then that.

A good man cannot be harmed in life or in death. What has happened to Socrates apparently was meant to happen. But the blameworthy judges should be avenged by Socrates' offspring by hounding those who care for money more than virtue, or are falsely puffed up. "Reproach them as I reproach you, that they do not care for the right things and think they are worthy when they are not worhty of anything."

philosophy.ucdavis.edu...

Wherefore, O judges, be of good cheer about death, and know this of a truth - that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death. He and his are not neglected by the gods; nor has my own approaching end happened by mere chance. But I see clearly that to die and be released was better for me; and therefore the oracle gave no sign. For which reason also, I am not angry with my accusers, or my condemners; they have done me no harm, although neither of them meant to do me any good; and for this I may gently blame them.

Still I have a favor to ask of them. When my sons are grown up, I would ask you, O my friends, to punish them; and I would have you trouble them, as I have troubled you, if they seem to care about riches, or anything, more than about virtue; or if they pretend to be something when they are really nothing, - then reprove them, as I have reproved you, for not caring about that for which they ought to care, and thinking that they are something when they are really nothing. And if you do this, I and my sons will have received justice at your hands.

Money, sickness, material possessions etc are not evil to a just man. A just man can become ill, a just man can be poor, a just man can even be blind but he still cannot be harmed. Virtue is above all
classics.mit.edu...
edit on 28-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

Very good point. And its true. The things of real value in this life are not material things.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno
Hmmm going out of your way to be kind and help others will make you happier, maybe it will make you happier for a short while before everyone around you takes you for a mug. In my experience the more you do to help people the more they "expect" your help. I do live in London though so my perceptions might be a bit skewed by life in the rat race because I can't remember country folks from my youth being the same.

Also you will find that for every few that are happy you did something nice for them the rest will be angry or do something to hurt or humiliate you then where are all the warm cozy feelings. I think the study was to short, they must have done a day or something.
We waited at a crosswalk for a guy that was going to cross the other day instead of zooming on like the rest of the cars, he gave us the finger and said get the F going you something or other! he crossed after we moved on and was close to run down.

Yeah we felt really warm for trying to do something good and it's even the law! I have so many examples of this and on top of the cake! I used to be called in a derogotory way.."do gooder" and "Goody Two Shoes". Personally i gave up.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by JustXeno
Hmmm going out of your way to be kind and help others will make you happier, maybe it will make you happier for a short while before everyone around you takes you for a mug. In my experience the more you do to help people the more they "expect" your help. I do live in London though so my perceptions might be a bit skewed by life in the rat race because I can't remember country folks from my youth being the same.

Also you will find that for every few that are happy you did something nice for them the rest will be angry or do something to hurt or humiliate you then where are all the warm cozy feelings. I think the study was to short, they must have done a day or something.
We waited at a crosswalk for a guy that was going to cross the other day instead of zooming on like the rest of the cars, he gave us the finger and said get the F going you something or other! he crossed after we moved on and was close to run down.

Yeah we felt really warm for trying to do something good and it's even the law! I have so many examples of this and on top of the cake! I used to be called in a derogotory way.."do gooder" and "Goody Two Shoes". Personally i gave up.

Ya but you shouldn't let his attitute effect your spirit, who knows he could have a mental illness. There will always be people who try to break your spirit. You should do good because you want to do good.

I'm not a "Good Two Shoes" no one is, we all sin, we're not perfect. I try really hard to respect everyone and treat them fairly each and everyday. Not everyone gives me back the same respect but many do. Even if when you walk around, you smile at random strangers; more often then not they will smile back. A smile is contagious

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can some of those people who are disagreeing with me at least format their posts properly so that I can reply to them sensibly? Thanks.

Grumble grumble typical bloody New Age space-cadet blethering incompetence... and they expect us to take them seriously!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I hate to agree, for the sake of humanity, that there are people who believe posessions are the core fo existence and happiness but those folks do exist. However, more towards what I was getting at - money, things, are resources like wood and nails are to a carpenter. So, yes I do desire to do better and gain more so that I can do more and provide for those I love.

I am not the type to say "well at least I have a job.." or "it could be worse.." these are pacifiers. I agree that a man (or woman)s love, family, integrity etc is your most valuable possession; but for some, like myself, that is simply a given, an obvious observation.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Karma isn't real.
I remember I beat up a guy, and I stole from the store the very next day and nothing ever happened.

Trying to say karma is real is dumb.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is the essence of the theory described in great detail in the Pistis Sophia (see Nag Hammadi Library Online)

"Height without within, and within without"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's called a self fulfilled prophecy.
If you're generally nice to people, and people know about it..whenever they can help you..they usually will because of your good deeds, they don't always help you and sometimes you're left hung to dry.. it's just self fulfilled.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANman
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I hate to agree, for the sake of humanity, that there are people who believe posessions are the core fo existence and happiness but those folks do exist. However, more towards what I was getting at - money, things, are resources like wood and nails are to a carpenter. So, yes I do desire to do better and gain more so that I can do more and provide for those I love.

I am not the type to say "well at least I have a job.." or "it could be worse.." these are pacifiers. I agree that a man (or woman)s love, family, integrity etc is your most valuable possession; but for some, like myself, that is simply a given, an obvious observation.
I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be successful and accumulating nice things. It's when greed rears its ugly head when it becomes wrong. When people hold greed above life, dignity etc. Is when it crosses the line. I like nice things and I have high expectations of myself. If I lost everything tomorrow I wouldn't care as long as I didn't lose a loved one.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Version100

Various traditions actually use the word differently. Karma CAN play out in this life, in many versions.

exactly

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I thought that Karma was well established fact. Always has been for me in the scientific theory of:

For Every Action, There is an Equal and Opposite Reaction.

Sounds simple to me,,,,
as you sow,,, so shall you reap.

Working on more Compassion here!!!

Happy, Happy, Happy

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Karma is not a practice nor is it a teaching, it's a LAW, as in the law of cause and effect. The Eastern mystics just have a different way of explaining it then Western scientists have of explaining cause and effect, but they are the same thing.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

Instant Karma would be nice.
Surely, the effects of your actions will rebound. You just might not know it as the ''payment'' for your previous actions. Many believe to make it Karma,,, it is either ThreeFold or TenFold that the 'payment' comes in,, meaning that your bad action usually will be repaid with 3 to 10 the ''Force"" that you expended creating the Cosmic Tear in the 'harmony' of the Universe.

Good to live by regardless of not believing it is real.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dear inanna1234

Just to let you know we have had a total of 3 donations from Paypal for
www.hiv-aids-kids.org... orphaned children living with HIV/AIDS.

Yes in the world in which we live charities have to compete for your attention. They even have to advertise spending the money that has been donated.

At this center we do not do this at all we rely on volunteers to get the website to the top in Google if someone searches for something like help kids with HIV/AIDS. Believe me that was not easy.

So rest assured your Karma will have been improved just by starting this thread. If more of us lived by Pay it Forward this world would improve it’s Karma.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear inanna1234

So guys if you would like to feel good all next week send these poor children a dollar on paypal.

www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

They all have HIV/AIDS and are orphaned.

Yes that would be nice but the thing of that it is pay pal ( they suck and I hate PayPal scamming punks) and they would take out like 30 cents of that meaning that only 60 cents would go to the kids.

Karma has been proved over and over again. Every good deed that is done does not go un-noticed and does come back to you in the same manner as it came from you and when you need it the most.

Evil that is done will come back to you 7 times fold. That is true as well wonder if they have ever done a scientific study on that to prove that it is true

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join