It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memba' the Girl who Was Forced to APOLOGIZE before her Church for Being RAPED?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by SweetKarma

I think it would be interesting to survey this: Two women walking down the street. One is dressed "slutty", the other "prim and proper". Which of the two do you think a rapist would attack?

There is a method to my madness here.
edit on 5-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

The one that looks like she'll go quietly.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
What should be clear to you is that there is plenty of research now on how brains develop, and children of six play with concepts of fantasy and reality. Punishing it by threatening to burn someone for eternity is evil.

You seem to be quite melodramatic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

How so? The point is, men walking down the street grab who they can - clothes do not matter - except to you. The remainder of rapes (2/3rds) are perpatrated by someone who is simply in your proximity...again, no where are clothes mentioned...this is a fallacy you seem to want to perpetuate.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
How so? The point is, men walking down the street grab who they can - clothes do not matter - except to you. The remainder of rapes (2/3rds) are perpatrated by someone who is simply in your proximity...again, no where are clothes mentioned...this is a fallacy you seem to want to perpetuate.

You're the one making the fallacy... you state that most rapes happen between people who know each other, as if that proves dressing like a slut doesn't increase the chances of being victimized. That makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Depends on what a "Slut" looks like...also, it would seem, based upon the statistics shown below, that the appearance is not really the issue as two-thirds of reported rapes are done by someone the victim knows...

Two Thirds of Rape Victims Know Their Attackers

Why are most rapes from people that we know? This principle is explained in Silence of the Lambs.

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women...
Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, sexual frustrations, sir...
Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just...
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

This happens quite often. It's not the clothes. Unless of course, your idea of dressing slutty is that of an 83 year old church goer...

They discovered the woman lying nearly naked on the muddy banks of the creek with a badly bruised face. When asked why he launched the savage attack, he said: "I don't know. That's the thing, I don't know why."

People rape other people because they are crazy and like to have power over who ever they are raping. Ultimately, they will blame anything. Clothes is the easiest and lamest cop-out there is...just a cop out..

Was she "asking" for it?

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Perhaps not in the street, but in jail he would be.

Rape is evil and wrong. It can happen to any woman, regardless of how she is dressed. Given the danger that women face, why expose themselves to more danger?

Animals use camouflage to hide from danger--to not be seen. Likewise soldiers. Life is dangerous. Be sensible.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBERT3

Only difference, we are sentient beings. I was fortunate to have grown up in a place that is full of beautiful women who wear whatever feels right in the summer. Often times a bikini'd 20 year old is at the yogurt stand. Never once, ever, would I consider rape. It is the person, and the excuse was it was thier clothes. That's it. And it is a HORRIBLE excuse. Similar to the guy who shoots someone ten times and they ask, why'd you do it? Because he was wearing a reds hats! Can't wear that ANYWEAR near me!" Ah, ok..

CJ
edit on 7-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Here's your compassion:

While questioning the girl before church officials crafted the speech she would deliver, Anderson said Phelps' wife asked her, "Did you enjoy it?"

How... on earth.... Just... wow... Not only was she raped physically, but they practically raped her emotionally as well... Forcing her to apologize? Just no way....

I wish she had gotten up in front of that congregation, flicked them all off and said ' F you all... Rot in hell"

And then never go back to that place ever again...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Maybe, maybe not...I can not put myself in that young woman's shoes but she sure should be commeded for speaking out. People do amazing things when their whole world view suddenly turns upon them...especially 15 year olds. Without being a DR., I'd say she was severely traumatised and went with it because she had nothing else to turn to...can you imagine? And no one stepped up to say, "Hey, this is wrong." Shame on them.

CJ

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It is the person, and the excuse was it was thier clothes. That's it. And it is a HORRIBLE excuse. Similar to the guy who shoots someone ten times and they ask, why'd you do it? Because he was wearing a reds hats! Can't wear that ANYWEAR near me!" Ah, ok..

Did someone say that the clothes someone wore was a valid excuse for rape?

I don't think so.

Just like "he left his door unlocked" isn't a valid excuse for robbery, clothing isn't a valid excuse for rape... however, you can probably minimize the liklihood of being victimized by locking your door, not dressing like a slut, protecting yourself by staying in groups, armed etc. etc. Common sense precautions. People need to take responsibility for their own safety as much as they can.

Sure I was walking alone, unarmed, dressed like a slut... I'd suggest not doing that.
edit on 10-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join