It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memba' the Girl who Was Forced to APOLOGIZE before her Church for Being RAPED?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Friend, it happens. I know a young family who are right wing religious zealots. Once in my presence, their 6 year old boy told a lie. His mother grabbed him and told him loudly and repeatedly, "if you tell a lie Jesus will send you to hell where you will burn forever and never get out"................he confessed.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
I would not apologize for stating what I felt. Those people out there who are blaming the women for being raped because they "dress like sluts" or "brought it on themselves" deserve to be sexually harassed and degraded at least once in their life for no apparent reason other than the attacker found something about them beguiling.

Not dressing like a slut is just a common sense precaution that can probably help reduce the chances of being raped. Like locking your door at night can help reduce the chances of being robbed. If I didn't take common sense precautions and ended up getting robbed etc. etc. I would place part of the blame on myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
Friend, it happens. I know a young family who are right wing religious zealots. Once in my presence, their 6 year old boy told a lie. His mother grabbed him and told him loudly and repeatedly, "if you tell a lie Jesus will send you to hell where you will burn forever and never get out"................he confessed.

That's what they believe, other parents just shrug lies off and their kids end up being dishonest punks, it's not really clear to me which is worse.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yeah, probably not the best way to describe it. What I meant is that if I was ever attacked or raped, then it was MY fault because I was not "spirit filled".

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Women who are dressed scantily are an easier target because there are fewer clothes to remove, not because of the dress itself. The odds are that a woman wearing regular clothing, not sexy, will be raped. Also, a woman with long hair or hair in a ponytail make good targets as their hair is easy to grab onto. What attracts rapists is this: VULNERABILITY. If a woman is distracted, like carrying groceries, she is an easier target. Not her clothing. If she is alone and not aware of her surroundings, she is a target because she is vulnerable. It's not her clothing.

I am a retired psych nurse and I have interviewed a few rapists.
edit on 5-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Undiscoveredsoul...I MESSED UP...I attributed another posters comments to you. Please read how my defense of what you said makes that clear...Sorry - this is a new low for me here - considering the delicate subject matter, I fully understand why you were upset...I hope you will look back through the thread to see I am on your side...again, apologies.

CJ

Hey, accidents happen and an apology is a hard thing to come by these days so my respect to you! I looked back and I think I understand now.... I was just really confused at first as to why you though I was so offensive so I just kinda thought, well screw you , ya know... but It's fine now, no one is perfect! And, I too have been guilty of misunderstanding in the past!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Women who are dressed scantily are an easier target because there are fewer clothes to remove, not because of the dress itself. The odds are that a woman wearing regular clothing, not sexy, will be raped. Also, a woman with long hair or hair in a ponytail make good targets as their hair is easy to grab onto. What attracts rapists is this: VULNERABILITY. If a woman is distracted, like carrying groceries, she is an easier target. Not her clothing. If she is alone and not aware of her surroundings, she is a target because she is vulnerable. It's not her clothing.

Well, I liken it to walking around flashing expensive jewelry etc. etc. maybe that's a strange analogy, but basically it's your vanity making yourself more of a target.

I don't think it's ONLY vulnerability, people are more likely to rob and rape people who are showing off "nice stuff."

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

One Pastor or church that does not follow the Law of the Bible or the OD they claim to serve does not make a group. In Christianity this is deplorable in Islam it is the Law...

And don't respond with some Biblically Illiterate post of the O.T said kill her because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL!!! No O.T Law would have stoned the girl, but the rapist!

Too many people think one person represents a religion, that religions Holy book usually will tell you it's doctrine, individuals always see what they want.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Don't no one take me wrong, I get your seething hatred for Christianity or a GOD of most kinds. And believe it or not I understand your feelings on it. Why would anyone serve a GOD that declared such things as LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, DON'T STEAL, LIE, RAPE, KILL...

These things could force a person to be accountable for their lifestyle to a higher power, easier to live against those simple rules and be GODless!

In America you have the Right to be or not be any religion, I find it interesting that I so rarely see Christians posting hate stories about unchristian peoples acts. But boy how the GODless cannot wait to link all Christians to one morons actions claimed in the ways of GOD, a GOD you don''t know or believe in...

Maybe I shall start posting the acts of Atheist Individuals and blame them all for the actions of one as you like to do on ATS to Religions. Maybe then you could say hey wait a minute I am an Atheist and I don't act that way or think that is right. But we don't care as your post obviously didn't ask that question of the Christians it just started throwing rocks at us all. What this pastor did is DEPLORABLE AND UNGODLY and I know of no one in my Church that would have allowed it for one second! Blame the MAN not the Religion, remember People kill people not guns. same goes for Christianity and most other recognized Religions (sorry Islam yours does teach to kill and such)!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
First I've ever heard of such a thing! Thank goodness these are the very rare 'radical so called christians' - Like the westborough loons, they are Not real Christians at all since true Christianity does not teach this type of behavior.
And Whew,
Thank Goodness they aren't muzlims or the girl would be beaten to death or beheaded by now!

edit on 5-6-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Don't no one take me wrong, I get your seething hatred for Christianity or a GOD of most kinds. And believe it or not I understand your feelings on it. Why would anyone serve a GOD that declared such things as LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, DON'T STEAL, LIE, RAPE, KILL...

These things could force a person to be accountable for their lifestyle to a higher power, easier to live against those simple rules and be GODless!

In America you have the Right to be or not be any religion, I find it interesting that I so rarely see Christians posting hate stories about unchristian peoples acts. But boy how the GODless cannot wait to link all Christians to one morons actions claimed in the ways of GOD, a GOD you don''t know or believe in...

Maybe I shall start posting the acts of Atheist Individuals and blame them all for the actions of one as you like to do on ATS to Religions. Maybe then you could say hey wait a minute I am an Atheist and I don't act that way or think that is right. But we don't care as your post obviously didn't ask that question of the Christians it just started throwing rocks at us all. What this pastor did is DEPLORABLE AND UNGODLY and I know of no one in my Church that would have allowed it for one second! Blame the MAN not the Religion, remember People kill people not guns. same goes for Christianity and most other recognized Religions (sorry Islam yours does teach to kill and such)!

Blame the man, not the religion? It was her RELIGION SPECIFICALLY that FORCED her to APOLOGIZE for being raped. Did you read the article? And yes, EVERY person in that "church" is reponsible for allowing that to happen - ALL OF THEM.

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is horrifying, to be raped and then have to apologise for 'your' so called transgressions .. absolutely appalling!
And whats more is that people sat in that congregation and actually listened and did absolutely f++k all about it. It makes my blood boil.

Who in their right mind would sit and listen to that and believe it to be true or at least not to question is a shame on the shoulders of that church.

My heart goes out to that young woman and hope that this at least gives her a fresh beginning as nothing will ever take away the memories that this man, and that church have given her.

I hope there is a hell and these bastards burn in that fiery pit.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Blame the man, not the religion? It was her RELIGION SPECIFICALLY that FORCED her to APOLOGIZE for being raped. Did you read the article? And yes, EVERY person in that "church" is reponsible for allowing that to happen - ALL OF THEM.

Are you so sure someone did not speak out after the confession? It takes a very brave person to stand up,as it is happening ,and shout out..."this is RIDICULOUS"..but it sure would have been nice to see it happen.

Hopefully some went to the girl after,and told her that they did not agree, and left that church because of it. I agree, anyone who can go along with this type of behavior,and not be willing to say ,or do something, is pretty twisted in the head.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My ex-husband was a right wing religious nut. He once told me that if a woman is "filled with the Holy Spirit, she would never be raped". There it was, his "out" if I was ever raped. That is one of the reasons he is an "ex".

This is the exact logic put forth by these nuts in the article...And thank goodness YOU saw the light and got out of that kind of "family"...hope things are well now!

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
I would not apologize for stating what I felt. Those people out there who are blaming the women for being raped because they "dress like sluts" or "brought it on themselves" deserve to be sexually harassed and degraded at least once in their life for no apparent reason other than the attacker found something about them beguiling.

Not dressing like a slut is just a common sense precaution that can probably help reduce the chances of being raped. Like locking your door at night can help reduce the chances of being robbed. If I didn't take common sense precautions and ended up getting robbed etc. etc. I would place part of the blame on myself.

Depends on what a "Slut" looks like...also, it would seem, based upon the statistics shown below, that the appearance is not really the issue as two-thirds of reported rapes are done by someone the victim knows...

Two Thirds of Rape Victims Know Their Attackers

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He's the one who should of been made to apologise... FROM JAIL!
I think that is a disgrace because she didn't do anything to deserve to be raped.
These are just some of the REPORTED cases, imagine all the unreported cases that aren't on this topic or the media.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

One Pastor or church that does not follow the Law of the Bible or the OD they claim to serve does not make a group. In Christianity this is deplorable in Islam it is the Law...

And don't respond with some Biblically Illiterate post of the O.T said kill her because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL!!! No O.T Law would have stoned the girl, but the rapist!

Too many people think one person represents a religion, that religions Holy book usually will tell you it's doctrine, individuals always see what they want.

Looks like the Church projecting some randy ways, if'n ya know what I mean...ANOTHER claim JUST MADE!!!

Second Victim Reports Rape by Member of Trinity Church

After a while, you question who is leading these people into such blindness that it makes one think it is cultish in its behavior...

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I checked repeatedly for quotes from members at the time but I couldn't find anything other than very sketchy blogs that had some real hateful commentary - no reliability of source. Of course now the church has publicly distanved themselves.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Depends on what a "Slut" looks like...also, it would seem, based upon the statistics shown below, that the appearance is not really the issue as two-thirds of reported rapes are done by someone the victim knows...

Irrational post.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What should be clear to you is that there is plenty of research now on how brains develop, and children of six play with concepts of fantasy and reality. Punishing it by threatening to burn someone for eternity is evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join