It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memba' the Girl who Was Forced to APOLOGIZE before her Church for Being RAPED?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by SweetKarma

I'm not defending any of this because its all insane...but when girls walk around with half their butt cheeks hangin out along with alot of clevage, there asking to be rapped by someone thats my own 2 cents

So, does that mean that a man walking around with his shirt off in public showing his muscles (hopefully not flab) his nipples (an erogenous zone) and wearing tight pants or shorts that hug his buttocks and outlines the shape and size of his penis is asking to be raped as well? Perhaps us women who like to dress attractive and look good and not dowdy who according to you are just asking to be sexually assaulted show start clobbering these men over the head and raping them up their butt holes with phallic objects and see how they like it....I mean the way they dress they really are asking for it.

The simple answer is yes. This is a reflection of thought that prevades society...based upon MY observation of you, you must be,,,(fill in the blank...) Sick sick sick...

CJ

Your observation of me.... cause you can really really get to know someone by one sarcastic internet forum post.... (insert your favorite "buzz off" vulgarity here please) and Have a nice day....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How was she "forced to apologize?"

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Those who tell you drugs are bad, themselves abuse drugs.
Those who tell you sex is bad, themselves are perverts.
Those who question your morality, themselves are sinners.

Hypocrites are always the loudest of the group.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

People who tell you hypocrisy is bad are hypocrites themselves?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

How was she "forced to apologize?"

Her parents and her church had her go up to the stage and stand on it and apologize for being sinful for having been raped.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I'm not defending any of this because its all insane...but when girls walk around with half their butt cheeks hangin out along with alot of clevage, there asking to be rapped by someone thats my own 2 cents

So, does that mean that a man walking around with his shirt off in public showing his muscles (hopefully not flab) his nipples (an erogenous zone) and wearing tight pants or shorts that hug his buttocks and outlines the shape and size of his penis is asking to be raped as well? Perhaps us women who like to dress attractive and look good and not dowdy who according to you are just asking to be sexually assaulted show start clobbering these men over the head and raping them up their butt holes with phallic objects and see how they like it....I mean the way they dress they really are asking for it.

The simple answer is yes. This is a reflection of thought that prevades society...based upon MY observation of you, you must be,,,(fill in the blank...) Sick sick sick...

CJ

Your observation of me.... cause you can really really get to know someone by one sarcastic internet forum post.... (insert your favorite "buzz off" vulgarity here please) and Have a nice day....

I said it prevades society. Your comment proves this point. All I have to go off is your comment. BTW, I have seen some doozies here, but I never thought I'd see the old "they get what they deserve if they dress like that" comment. Frankly, and this is really really hard to do, but I am offended. There is NO place for that comment ever; indeed it only serves to show what you think - you say it was sarcastic -ok. I have gone overboard myself, if anyone has read my threads, and many times my intent was there but the final product was something else. There are certain statements though that you should never utter if you don't wan't to be caught in the middle of a sh*t storm. And if you thought is was funny, take one second of your life to think about the trauma involved, the lives ruined and all of the horror and pain that is very real to the people you joke about. It seems to me that if your statement was taken out of context you would defend your decision for posting in the first place, what your original intent was, and how you NOW REALIZE how completely inappropriate it was...its called saying I was wrong, it never should of happend and I APOLOGIZE for my insensative actions. I know most people on ATS are willing to give second chances...just not when you tell people to f* off after making such an imbecilic comment. My two cents, take it or leave it.

CJ

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I would not apologize for stating what I felt. Those people out there who are blaming the women for being raped because they "dress like sluts" or "brought it on themselves" deserve to be sexually harassed and degraded at least once in their life for no apparent reason other than the attacker found something about them beguiling. Then they would know exactly how inappropriate it is to say to a raped woman: It's your fault, you asked for it. YOU should apologize... seriously???

My comment showed exactly how stupid that mentality is....the idiots spouting that crap don't like it much when it's turned around on them now do they?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I would not apologize for stating what I felt. Those people out there who are blaming the women for being raped because they "dress like sluts" or "brought it on themselves" deserve to be sexually harassed and degraded at least once in their life for no apparent reason other than the attacker found something about them beguiling. Then they would know exactly how inappropriate it is to say to a raped woman: It's your fault, you asked for it. YOU should apologize... seriously???

My comment showed exactly how stupid that mentality is....the idiots spouting that crap don't like it much when it's turned around on them now do they?

Did you read my post? Maybe I am confused, but, your orignal post stated that if they walk around wearing revealing clothes, they deserve what they get. Did it not? Where is the disconnect here? Who is an idiot and why?

CJ

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

People who tell you hypocrisy is bad are hypocrites themselves?

I'm not telling you to DO anything. But more than likely, you're guilty of one of the above 3 issues by the mere fact you're getting defensive about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Undiscoveredsoul...I MESSED UP...I attributed another posters comments to you. Please read how my defense of what you said makes that clear...Sorry - this is a new low for me here - considering the delicate subject matter, I fully understand why you were upset...I hope you will look back through the thread to see I am on your side...again, apologies.

CJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Well if they are gay then yes I'm sure it crosses their mind but your a guy im sure its not as easy to rape you

"Not as easy".............interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Taffygirl

Ever read the old testament? That is where this type of church is coming from..........sick

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My ex-husband was a right wing religious nut. He once told me that if a woman is "filled with the Holy Spirit, she would never be raped". There it was, his "out" if I was ever raped. That is one of the reasons he is an "ex".

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I think it would be interesting to survey this: Two women walking down the street. One is dressed "slutty", the other "prim and proper". Which of the two do you think a rapist would attack?

There is a method to my madness here.
edit on 5-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Threatened with "God will send you to hell", if you don't, intimidation, embarrassment, any of those.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
First of all I'm not a fundamentalist Christian or a member of any organised religion. However to equate religion with stupidity is in itself a belief that if tested by science would fail. In fact everyone with reasonable intelligence should spend some time on introspection and examining such things as instinct and intuition. If so then you would probably come to the same conclusion that I did, that the existence of some higher entity or at the very lest non material connection between us and everything around us, is more likely then not. Also I don't really know what was said in church to the girl that was raped, I wasn't there, but I know I can't believe sensationalist media like 20/20? I can't believe anything printed on the priest's website either. A video interview with the girl and her family would probably do it. I don't know if that was shown any where. It's not on any of the links here. What my intuition tells me is that there was a botched attempt at mediation, letting the girl face her abuser etc. that was beat up by some scum bag journalist to sell add time. So who is worse, the priest publicly humiliating the girl in church or the journalist exposing the girls pain to the world, as entertainment, for profit?

After reading all the posts here it occurred to me that your responses to the incident are just as fundamentalist and full of hate as the "evil Christians" you are vilifying. O.o just a thought.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: More to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Her parents and her church had her go up to the stage and stand on it and apologize for being sinful for having been raped.

How was she forced again?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm not telling you to DO anything. But more than likely, you're guilty of one of the above 3 issues by the mere fact you're getting defensive about it.

I'm totally a pervert and readily admit to it lol.

By the way, don't steal things and don't do drugs, I must be a junkie and a theif... lol.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Threatened with "God will send you to hell", if you don't, intimidation, embarrassment, any of those.

I wouldn't have done it and I doubt you would have either so saying that she was forced is silly.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
My ex-husband was a right wing religious nut. He once told me that if a woman is "filled with the Holy Spirit, she would never be raped". There it was, his "out" if I was ever raped. That is one of the reasons he is an "ex".

How is that "his out?" What a weird comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join