It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memba' the Girl who Was Forced to APOLOGIZE before her Church for Being RAPED?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

She says her New Hampshire pastor, Chuck Phelps, told her she was lucky not to have been born during Old Testament times when she would have been stoned to death.

This is the culmination of the rape of 15 Tina Anderson, who asked her name be used (not normal in sexual assault cases)...a 15 year old who was abused by someone she trusted, and then abused by the community she thought would help her. What is wrong with this picture? Why did Jesus die on the cross? To humiliate women?

The case involving 52-year-old Ernest Willis of Gilford garnered national attention because the fundamentalist Baptist church he and the girl attended made her apologize to the congregation. The pastor then helped ship the girl to live with a Colorado couple she didn't know and put her baby up for adoption. Concord police did not locate her until last year.

These people are complete as*hole*.

Matt Barnhart, a former Trinity Baptist Church member, witnessed Anderson's "church discipline" session in 1997. His wife testified she was "mortified" by what the church did to the teen.

Here's your compassion:

While questioning the girl before church officials crafted the speech she would deliver, Anderson said Phelps' wife asked her, "Did you enjoy it?"

As*Hole*

Now, who in their right mind thinks like this? Must be MUSLIMS in IRAN. Think again, redneck fred.

ColoradoJens
edit to add: Memba' is an embarrasment on humanity. I am curious to see how many people respond due to the title, regardless of the importance of the thread.
edit on 28-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Explanation: S&F!

The scumbag who did this is facing the Justice he fully deserves for the outrageous criminal actions he took and I praise the jury for their verdict!

But here is the
Pastor who made her apologize etc!

I note this trial only got prosecuted due to internet!

Here is some more relevant links...

Trinity Baptist Church (Concord, New Hampshire) [wiki]

Trinity Baptist Church website [tbcnh.org]

Trinity Baptist Church (various articles) [concordmonitor.com]

Dr. Chuck Phelps website [drchuckphelps.com]

Personal Disclosure: It seems justice is only halfway done and I hope that the victim in this case sues the pastor civilly!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Organised religion is filled with so much hatred, bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. If I wasn't an atheist, I'd say most of these fundamentalists are going to hell.

IRM

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

The scumbag who did this is facing the Justice he fully deserves for the outrageous criminal actions he took and I praise the jury for their verdict!

But here is the
Pastor who made her apologize etc!

I note this trial only got prosecuted due to internet!

Here is some more relevant links...

Trinity Baptist Church (Concord, New Hampshire) [wiki]

Trinity Baptist Church website [tbcnh.org]

Trinity Baptist Church (various articles) [concordmonitor.com]

Dr. Chuck Phelps website [drchuckphelps.com]

Personal Disclosure: It seems justice is only halfway done and I hope that the victim in this case sues the pastor civilly!

Awesome links and information OmegaLogos! It is always so disheartening to see these people with good intentions being led astray. I hate to say it, but the simple-minded are deceived easily. Thanks again for the participation!

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Organised religion is filled with so much hatred, bigotry, intolerance and ignorance. If I wasn't an atheist, I'd say most of these fundamentalists are going to hell.

IRM

Given your stance, you must agree when Christopher Hitchens said he's upset there is no hell for Jerry Falwell to go to. I'd agree.

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Yep, I'd agree! That's why it's the responsibility of the living to make these people pay within their lifetimes.

IRM

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Remember...... Religion = Small Brain

Maybe it one day can be thought of as a mental illness or at least a disability.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Check out the last name of the pastor! Phelps!!

The Westboros are expanding!!

Apologize for being raped. Sweet Jeebus!! Where are you when we really need you, dude?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

One day it will. It is impossible for me personally to imagine, without the implantation of some other "ideal" for most to get on with. Some should try doing what you have prescribed in other threads. Take care of themselves and live responsibly as a start.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Something similar happened to me some years ago. Women in our country still are treated as the perpetrators of rape, and if they were to get pregnant, as I did, it's even worse. It's disgusting. Many cops still treat this as though we gals "did" something to cause the guy to rape us, instead of the guy being a douchebag, as he truly is. Rape is a crime of violence, not sex. Sex is the tool used (vs a gun or knife) to demean and humilate a woman. Wake up America and realize this is still happening, even now. And yes, I had to go in front of my church and "confess" to my sins, before I could get my kids baptized. It was absolutely humiliating. Needless to say, I never went back to that church again. I wanted to slap the stupid out of those folks, truly I did.

Best of luck to this young girl, and that her life isn't totally ruined by these thoughtless actions. Too bad it took we the folks on the net, to make this prosecution happen.

Peace!
SK

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Check out the last name of the pastor! Phelps!!

The Westboros are expanding!!

Apologize for being raped. Sweet Jeebus!! Where are you when we really need you, dude?

Yes, that name seems to have some bad connotations...even for such a common one. Yeah, these fups are everywhere. Me first, you last.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Yep, I'd agree! That's why it's the responsibility of the living to make these people pay within their lifetimes.

IRM

I have another thread going you should check out:

ats link: I was a right wing pastor

within is this vid: brutacious

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
Something similar happened to me some years ago. Women in our country still are treated as the perpetrators of rape, and if they were to get pregnant, as I did, it's even worse. It's disgusting. Many cops still treat this as though we gals "did" something to cause the guy to rape us, instead of the guy being a douchebag, as he truly is. Rape is a crime of violence, not sex. Sex is the tool used (vs a gun or knife) to demean and humilate a woman. Wake up America and realize this is still happening, even now. And yes, I had to go in front of my church and "confess" to my sins, before I could get my kids baptized. It was absolutely humiliating. Needless to say, I never went back to that church again. I wanted to slap the stupid out of those folks, truly I did.

Best of luck to this young girl, and that her life isn't totally ruined by these thoughtless actions. Too bad it took we the folks on the net, to make this prosecution happen.

Peace!
SK

SweetKarma, first of all, great name. Second of all, you are obviously stronger than most as you have spoken of something personal that has affected you and will forever. Third, by the directness of your post it is clear you have an idea of what happend to you had nothing to do with you...you are awesome and I look forward to any post you may have...thank you.

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Who has the audacity to ask a traumatized rape victim if they enjoyed it? I can see some one wanting to know, if say -- the woman wasn't distraught over it at all... it might help to frame what actually transpired....

Some one that was obviously traumitized by the rape though... and then to hide behind a book and say you are christian?!?!

Blasphemy.

This is why I'm a non-believer. If the lord existed, he wouldn't let people do evil in his name. Alas, he does though... because he doesn't exist.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

Maybe it one day can be thought of as a mental illness or at least a disability.

I think so....I do believe it a form of mental illness that is marketed as being perfectly normal and even as something you can't live without. Of course it ranges between mild and severe.
I just don't see how it is normal to have imaginary friends as an adult.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I just have to add another comment.

About 18 years ago we moved to a house located along a little one land dirt road. One of my daughters decided to take a walk down the hill. We were in pretty much a middle of nowhere place, so it seemed safe for her to do this.

She was 13. She got attacked by two teenage boys. I have no idea why there were in the area. They didn't live around there. Anyway, One boy pushed her down on the ground and laid on top of her. He was groping her and kissing her.

She bit half the boy's lip off! Yeah, Baby! Way to fight back!!

So later that day I'm telling my mom about what happened to my daughter. What did my mom say?

I don't really know what the heck she had to say. I just heard some sort of crap about well, she should expect such things, you know, the way she carries herself, the way she dresses...........

Uh.......my ears turned off after that part. Totally ridiculous words to excuse some would be rapists for their actions.

And the words came from another woman!! WTF?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

I think so....I do believe it a form of mental illness that is marketed as being perfectly normal and even as something you can't live without. Of course it ranges between mild and severe.
I just don't see how it is normal to have imaginary friends as an adult.

That's what I thought, but apparently it is fairly common: edit to add: I do not agree with all this man says; I agree with alot.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

She says her New Hampshire pastor, Chuck Phelps, told her she was lucky not to have been born during Old Testament times when she would have been stoned to death.

This is the culmination of the rape of 15 Tina Anderson, who asked her name be used (not normal in sexual assault cases)...a 15 year old who was abused by someone she trusted, and then abused by the community she thought would help her. What is wrong with this picture? Why did Jesus die on the cross? To humiliate women?

The case involving 52-year-old Ernest Willis of Gilford garnered national attention because the fundamentalist Baptist church he and the girl attended made her apologize to the congregation. The pastor then helped ship the girl to live with a Colorado couple she didn't know and put her baby up for adoption. Concord police did not locate her until last year.

These people are complete as*hole*.

Matt Barnhart, a former Trinity Baptist Church member, witnessed Anderson's "church discipline" session in 1997. His wife testified she was "mortified" by what the church did to the teen.

Here's your compassion:

While questioning the girl before church officials crafted the speech she would deliver, Anderson said Phelps' wife asked her, "Did you enjoy it?"

As*Hole*

Now, who in their right mind thinks like this? Must be MUSLIMS in IRAN. Think again, redneck fred.

ColoradoJens
edit to add: Memba' is an embarrasment on humanity. I am curious to see how many people respond due to the title, regardless of the importance of the thread.

The members of that church shound more like the anti-christ to me!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The Jehovah's Witnesses were notorious for this type of thing. Abuse is rampant, and they have a twisted "two witnesses" system so if someone is abused with no other witness, there's nothing they can do about it, and the further abuse they can get as a result is evil beyond words, shunning, cutting off from everyone, etc.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
I just have to add another comment.

About 18 years ago we moved to a house located along a little one land dirt road. One of my daughters decided to take a walk down the hill. We were in pretty much a middle of nowhere place, so it seemed safe for her to do this.

She was 13. She got attacked by two teenage boys. I have no idea why there were in the area. They didn't live around there. Anyway, One boy pushed her down on the ground and laid on top of her. He was groping her and kissing her.

She bit half the boy's lip off! Yeah, Baby! Way to fight back!!

So later that day I'm telling my mom about what happened to my daughter. What did my mom say?

I don't really know what the heck she had to say. I just heard some sort of crap about well, she should expect such things, you know, the way she carries herself, the way she dresses...........

Uh.......my ears turned off after that part. Totally ridiculous words to excuse some would be rapists for their actions.

And the words came from another woman!! WTF?

If I understand correctly, not just another woman but your mom? Why oh why?

CJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join