It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create a Force Field to Protect your self, Your Family and Your Property in Times of Anarchy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hello every one!

Its my pleasure to post my first thread here on Above Top Secret, and I hope that every information that I post from now on be of constructive value for the ATS and all NETizens in general.

So here's the deal: We all know that we are about to face the potentials of anarchy, that's when your local government breaks down either because of economic crash, another great depression, food shortage, great natural disaster, etc... For now, let me use the economic crash example.

Lets picture this for a second: The government just announced that it has ran out of money to continue paying its debt, all investors panic in great doubt and starts selling their stocks, companies starts failing, and finally food doesn't make it into the grocery store. Then people start rioting and running like crazy masses by the thousands in the streets, like wild animal, breaking into anything they can in a desperate search for food. lets say, you are a home owner, you have stock piled on food utilizing methods such as couponing (the History Channel series "Extreme Couponer" explains in great details how to go about couponing in the supermarkets to get food for free or almost at no costs). Through the couponing method you have managed to stock pile a one year supply of food for your family members only. Now, the last thing you want is hundreds of people breaking into your house to steal what was your great efforts in stock piling your food. So, in no time, in less than 2 days, you no longer have any more food to feed your family because it was stolen from you by the mob.

So, now, a litle bit about me. I am what you like to call, your local geek and computer tech, I have made a couple of cool gadgets, such as lighting up a 22W long straight fluorescent light bulb using nothing more or less than a 1.5 volts AA battery using the method commonly known as "The Joule Thief" with magnet wires, npn transistors and a ferrite toroid. So, I am the type of person that always likes to innovate and experiment, well, now I think its a good time to put my knowledge aimed straight at coming with a solution that will allow my family and my self to be safe when these times of anarchy and social instabilities approaches us.

I have been doing a lot of research on force fields, which is a technique which prevents an object or a person from passing by utilizing technologies like an electromagnetic wall, etc... I have been dreaming of being able to come up with an invention that will allow me to virtually encapsulate my entire house into a force field that will prevent any external objects of person from penetrating into it when the switch is turned into the ON position. Imagine having your very own electro/electromagnetic/etc force field that you can use to prevent hundreds of bad people from ever touching your property, harming your family or your self? THAT would be cool?

Well, lets all put out heads together and come up with a way of SAFELY achieving this, I would like to try to develop a large force field for my and my family's protection purposes that would safely prevent any one from coming into my house when I flip the switch on (without harming the person trying to come in in any way)

Any idea any one?
edit on 11/5/28 by CanadaMaster because: Correcting a few misspelling and adding a few extra data.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have a few questions. Would this force field need electricity to operate? Would it possibly run on batteries? Also, if something happens which causes electrical gadgets to become obsolete, would this still be a good plan?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Interesting post and also interesting i just got an email reminding me of a site that claims to have the tech to do what you propose. While I have dabbled in alternative energy for years I do not have the time or expertise to pursue this so I am depending on someone like you to come up with a replicable circuit that we can all use to do just what you propose.

Here is the site: www.cheniere.org...

Also you might want to Check out this article on Professor Steven Jones. He just announced he has come up with a variation of the joule thief circuit and has gotten up to 20 times his input:
pesn.com...

edit on 28-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018
I have a few questions. Would this force field need electricity to operate? Would it possibly run on batteries? Also, if something happens which causes electrical gadgets to become obsolete, would this still be a good plan?

Well, if you come up with an "ELECTRO magnetic force field" then this force field will need electricity to operate, not a big problem if you have an array of solar panels with Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Deep Cycle batteries as backup energy for night use.

Based on my current research, it MAY be possible to come up with a successfully force field without using electricity.

As for your question "if something happens which causes electrical gadgets to become obsolete, would this still be a good plan?" As long as you did not had to use Micro Chips to create your force field, your force field should be able to survive an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) attack or from solar flares. One way to avoid using micro chips is by making use of transistors, that's if any switching is required at all for the operation of the force field.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadaMaster

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like a solid idea as long as the sun is shining.

I will not be very helpful with ideas, but I definitely look forward to seeing what comes out of this.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well if all else fails, you can put one of these in your yard. Giant 2 legged bug killer. Tesla.

You Tube link www.youtube.com...

Have fun

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

wouldnt that effect your own power flow? And wouldnt a defence that requires such large amounts of energy to mantain be extremely vunerable at the power source.....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Have a look at these...
Im sure its been posted here before but this is a recap:

David Swenson of 3M Corporation describes an anomaly where workers encountered a strange "invisible wall" in the area under a fast-moving sheet of electrically charged polypropelene film in a factory. This "invisible wall" was strong enough to prevent humans from passing through. A person near this "wall" was unable to turn, and so had to walk backwards to retreat from it.

www.physicsforums.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I would say highly unlikely without a good power source. the bigger the shield, the bigger the source of energy needed.

Why not use say, auto-turrets of some sort?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I love the technical science of this and I feel it would have great applications across a whole wide range of issues ... BUT... I think its far cheaper to build a solid robust door which does the same job and is far cheaper. It can also be booby trapped [electrified?] for similar effects. I once read a scifi story about a community that shielded itself from the rest of the world by forcing their community to become out of phase in time!
Maybe that would be an interesting line of thought to persue???

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What will you do if "they" camp out and wait for you.

Your idea is a good short term solution. But you need weapons man. If SHTF it is barbaric not planned out and your house raided. You will be killed, wife raped, and whatever horrible things you cannot even think of.

I think you are being to humane. But I see your name, so that says some of it. No guns sucks huh.?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why a force field? Why not fence in your yard and let a couple of Pit Bulls run loose? You then always have food to fall back on.

If the scenario that you describe happens then it will be total chaos. Especially when the mentally ill can't get their meds and the addicted can't get their fix due to the monetary system being gone. They would have to release the prisons also I suspect. Personal armies will evolve so then eventually your not only fighting off two or three but more like 50 or 60 people.

Your best bet is to find a place way out in the middle of nowhere and try and sustain a living off the land. It won't matter who's land it is when the shtf.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

This is not a workable "protection" strategy. "The mob" is not going to be the problem, anyway. The mercenary security forces are, just like we are seeing all around the world.

If people think totally in terms of self-protection and not losing their bodies, then they end in little better shape than those who created this mess.

Of course no one wants their body taken away from them. But look: it happens all the time. And life somehow goes on. I'm not saying to act like a fool. But if life wins this round it will be because we found something more important than bodies to live for. And the ones who we end up thanking may not all make it through with their bodies intact. But that won't be because they were fighting against a mob to defend their property. It will be because they were fighting for our futures and our freedom and got in the way of someone who thought that killing bodies is all you need to do to stop people from wanting their freedom and their own futures.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I will just coat the streets and sidewalks in my neighborhood with butter, I have seen those youtube vids and butter is a formideable enemy!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Your best solution is a 'house' built into the side of a rocky hill or cliff. That reduces that amount of area you have to shield - be it using some exotic means or more conventional means (using metals, ceramics, etc).

Of course - that kind of construction is atypical and is going to run a premium price. You'll also have to accept that many of the people building such a house would simply not have the expertise to ensure that you won't encounter problems later on.

Anyway - as far as a "force field" - I really don't see much hope for one any time soon. There are several problems - just with the overall dynamics. First - presuming it's a "field" projected in the relative shape of a sphere.... when you turn it on, it will start nearest the device emitting it, and expand... pushing everything away from the source. This would be problematic - as it would, effectively, self-destruct. Even if it didn't - you'd still run into the problem of it pushing your house away with the kind of raw efficiency of a bomb.

You'll also look at running a lot of power - power that would be better spent on lighting for hydroponics systems (especially during the winter), climate control, cooking, etc.

Defending your home will just have to be done the old fashioned way - for the foreseeable future. Have a plan with family and friends - find people you can rely on and work with - and make it look like it's not worth the effort to obtain anything someone may think you have.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
While I know little about force fields, I have looked into alternative means to power things (like force fields). My husband is an inventor and He offers a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this would help power the force field?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm not going to tell you exactly where but there is a sea cliff here in scotland that has a very well hidden house / complex built into it that can only be reached by either abseiling down the cliff or approaching from the sea in a boat. I've never tried to abseil down the cliff face but I can tell you that if you try to approach by boat the occupant / occupants launch massive rocks at you from some sort of trebuchet. I have to assume that they have some similar method for preventing cliff assaults.
I know this sounds insane but it is 100% true.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You know in A SHTF scenario it might just be more practical to stock a lot of weapons and ammo
and get some mean dogs like the other poster said.
Building a theoretical forcefield just would not be one of the first things on my mind to protect my house in a societal breakdown.

I guess the closest I can offer to a real forcefield is get a high chain link fence and run high voltage electricity through it. Anybody who touches it will be dead.
You would have to have a good power source though but I imagine it would take a lot less juice then a hypothetical force field.
It seems way more do able then a force field

or just dig a moat and put alligators in it then have your dogs as a secondary defense and your final defense is your well stocked arsenal.
edit on 29-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join