It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Victims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
New Billboard slogan-
"Westboro Baptist Church ... Helping give a bad name to Christians since 1955"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

Share with us please.
I want the transcripts.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Can't say for sure how reliable the twitter feeds are. But if true the Westboro idiots have deserved every finger put upon them.

www.kspr.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Victims

Crazy bastards. I wish the news wouldn't report on anything they do so they wouldn't get the attention they obviously crave by doing and saying absolutely ridiculous things.

If there is a God, they'll never see him. Anyone who "thanks God" for the deaths of families who have lost everything, completely innocent to what has been done to them, has to have a screw loose.

These people don't deserve the attention they are given....nor do the the church group that burned the Muslim bible.

Sometimes it's better off not seeing the ugly in the world....any extension that helps their message should be stopped immediately.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I understand that these people have first amendment rights but what about the laws on criminal harrassment and mischief? There must be some way that these people can not only be stopped but others could be prevented from ever repeating this unfortunate set of circumstances.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Freddy Phill is waiting, just waiting
for people to get so upset with them
that they start getting shot at.

How often is the leader fred at these rallies? (maybe one a year for a 30 sec. photo)

Seems he uses his sheeple to do his bidding
while he sits back laughs and is waiting to sue
a city, county, state ect..Anyone with some deep pockets.

If someone gets shot at a funeral they are protesting and the police
did not *protect* westboro their looking at a lawsuit...

It has nothing to do with god, satan, this church or that.
It is a money making scheme thats all!!!

Let them GO F*** themselves...

Don't let them get you upset that is what they want...
The whole thing will blow over if people just keep their cool.

Westboro does and says terrible things, I don't careless
if their dead or alive they mean nothing...

edit on 29-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1 person from WBC actually showed up in Joplin today and he was struck by a counter protester. the counter protestor was arrested.

The main group from WBC stopped for gas about 20 miles from Joplin for gas and was swarmed by people at the gas station and there vehicle was blocked in by semi trucks preventing them from leaving.

these are unconfirmed reports right now that are being reported on local media facebook pages. as soon as i hear and confirmation about these reports i'll pass it on

MBF

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think Westboro Baptist Church members are radical Muslims in disguise.....wait a minute, I don't think I would want to insult radical Muslims that bad.
Why don't God strike them down with a bolt of lightening!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm heading out tomorrow morning to help with some cleanup and distribution of supplies.

I'd have the WBC know that Missouri is the bible belt, and that 3/4 of the people around this area and Joplin are believers in Christ. So, jokes on them.

If I so much as see one picket sign while I'm out there, there's gonna be trouble.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It must be really nice to have nothing better to do than to travel around the country making yourself look like total idiots.

It's really obvious that they overlooked the part in the Holy Bible where it says that it rains on the unjust as well as the just.

Sad group of people.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

1 person from WBC actually showed up in Joplin today and he was struck by a counter protester. the counter protestor was arrested.

The son of a bit0h should have gotten worse than struck. They are lucky no one from Joplin has had enough. Like really enough. It will probably happen sometime. Just a matter of time.

I bet the arrested citizen did not have to look for bail money.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
One thing I didn't hear about though, and for some reason dont hear about but see it in the videos caught of them, is where were the kids during all this? These "parents" bring their kids out as shields I think because most rational people (I would only hope) would not get violent around young kids being brainwashed by a bunch of d-bags.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

You know, I'm human and really don't want to wish ill will on anyone. But, sometimes I wish God would send a tornado, earthquake, plague, fire & brimsatone to the folks at WBC.

I wonder how they would react if something devastating happened to them. Would they think that God was punishing them? Would the think it was the work of Satan?

Why is it that the minority voice always gets what they want?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Divide and conquer!

In a very old war for souls, the best vehicle for battle is often one that is disguised as the righteous carriage of God.

Be silent Christians, and watch as your faith is destroyed by those who exploit your faith.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I hate what these clowns do but consider if we all ignored them they would go away. As another poster pointed out this strikes me as a money making scheme; nothing more. Don't feed the trolls and they will soon die of starvation.

It also seems to me that if I were a government entity who wanted to do away with civil rights backing a group like this is how I would begin. First we take their right to freedom of speech, no matter how repugnant their message they do have the right to say it, then it becomes easier to get the public to accept even bigger erosion of our civil rights. It all strikes me as being a little to convenient to me; a group that is very public that we all love to hate; how many people would protest them losing their freedom of speech? Then how much easier would it be to take yours, mine or any one else' s'? Just something to think about.

FYI I loath what this group does but as a veteran I support and defend their right to have these loathsome ideas.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

some reports are he was just struck and a few reports said the bikers jumped him and he was beaten up pretty bad and was taken to the hospital.

Honestly the stories very depending on who you ask so i doubt anyone will know for sure what happened unless a video shows up later showing what happened.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

that church is no church i take back my statements about them, but still as Americans they still have a right to protest.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join