It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Victims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Ya know, with the way all of us in Joplin are feeling right now, bring em on. If they feel that much of a need to show up and thank god for all the death and destruction, then they can thank god when we get done kicking their asses.

This group of schmucks irritate the crap out of me.

We need to find out where these morons are going to be and just do as much as we can to intefere with them.

In one of the last towns they were in, people blo0cked them in with their cars so they couldnt get out of a parking lot. A altercation ensued, one of the protesters got their cumuppance, and when the cops showed up, no one seemed to have saw anything that occured.

For a group of "bible thumpers" they must have skipped over the part that says only God can judge.

Hypocrits for sure....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't understand why anyone listens to what is said by that church. Granted, they are hateful and rather annoying, but all they are doing with these comments is looking for a reaction. Time and time again they are given exactly what they want. They spread their message of hate through the media when statements such as this are released. In this way, they get the attention they so desperately desire. All that listening to their words will do for most is to invoke anger. I for one am content to ignore them completely.
edit on 5/28/2011 by NJE03 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

I would love to see this in action on a large scale. You think it would be possible to send them a message if the entire town just decided to stay in that day? They could yell at some trees or some passing squirrel. Oh that would look so good on them, owned with silence.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A family escapes from a mental institution and goes around the country to protest perceived evil deeds. Anyway, that's how I think of them. They are the antithesis of how true Christians should act.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I brought this up when I posted about them picketing the 6 year old killed by Jared Loughner back a few months. And I shall bring it up again.

Fred Phelps may be a hate filled bitter old man. That's all fine and good, he's entitled to be. It's his blind followers that are the danger here, not the messenger. They are the ones that could, at any moment try to impress their benefactor and turn very violent very quickly if they in their minds believe it is Fred's will.

They are the ones to watch and pay attention to, not him, and his bitter hatred of all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

These people piss me off more and more as I hear about them.

They came to where I live to protest against a fallen soldier. A bunch of people, including myself protested against the protestors. We were put 500 feet away from the funeral as was the Westboro Baptist Church, however they were on the other side behind a fence. I didn't get to see them but I did see the top of their pathetic signs.

I believe in freedom of speech but this is crosses a line in my eyes.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURPLEMAN
However, I am a firm believer in not hating people but rather hating ideas that people blindly accept.

Really? But isn't that what

Originally posted by PURPLEMAN
I personally believe in God

is? Believing in god IS believing in an idea that you blindly accept, or have you met him and sat down to tea?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I have to agree with westboro on this one. I agree with them. This is Gods causing for the wars and suffering that the USA has currently been causing.

God set the laws of physics and chemistry and nature, therefore he controls nature.

There is a special place in hell, set aside for all members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Tim Mcveigh and others are there, waiting with sex toys and torture devices for them, where they can all spend eternity thanking God for their unique afterlife amongst the damned.

You should consider Joining them.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
As a Christian I find it hard to tolerate these people. I really do.

That makes two of us, I can't stand these people. I so hope one day that the shoe is on the other foot so they can feel the heartache and grief they've caused.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Maybe if we all meditate and visualize a tornado ripping their church to shreds it will happen. Actually there is a pretty good chance. I'll start now.

Id rather visualize someone just sniping them off. Why damage more buildings with another tornado? Its wasteful. I remember when some people got all upset when the cops called them in and questioned them to prevent them from doing their thing. Thats the least of these peoples worries, being harassed with unnecessary questioning.

They are begging someone to attack them with their behavior, and one of these days, they will taunt the wrong person. Some of those people in Joplin lost everything. Possessions, loved ones, jobs, everything. You dont push someone who has nothing left to lose. Its incredibly stupid and dangerous.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
Why do people keep paying attention to them?

Trolls die if they don't eat, yet people keep feeding them.

This is how WBC feeds: they go somewhere to picket, get people mad. WBC vans get windows smashed, tires slashed, WBC members get punched. WBC sues. Fred Phelps is a bitter, hateful, disbarred Kansas lawyer who is out to piss off the whole world.

Kansas = Land of Disenchantment. Why don't they go to Skidmore instead of Joplin?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Lazarus Short because: ah-hah!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

PS - If I was a guy... and I could stand up and Piss. I would piss right on them and their signs. I would PAY someone good money just to have them do that...
edit on 27/5/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

I'm game.

I mean, hell, I bet there are quite a few guys who would be willing.

hehe let me know!

I'm thinking drenching them with a few big buckets of skunk pee would do the job nicely!

IRM

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

These people are truly warped I watched the Louis Theroux BBC documentaries on them, messed up people. I even for fun tried to get in contact with them and have had multiple chats with one of the Phelps girls.

They are so twisted, I asked her if they rejoiced when one of their own is hurt or killed and she said yes. So I asked her if I protested her Grandads funeral if she would join me, and she told me I needed to study the bible more and called me a silly goose!

Still have the transcript haha.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
These are the worst kind of people on the planet. They'd turn their on their own kind for their own sick beliefs.

I hope that they get in the path of the next deadly tornado. I'd love to see what they think at the moment they know their life is OVER.

If there was a god who was putting his wrath on bad people these would be the first types to go!

I'm all for free speech but this is just going way too far. If I lived there, well lets just say I'd be protesting right back to them.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
these guys are domestic terrorists.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and (for now at least) entitled to freedom of speech in America. So- I give you MY opinion:
These people who claim to be good Christians and that they are doing the Lord's work need to go back and actually READ their Bibles! Jesus taught about love, compassion, and forgiveness. He hung out with "sinners" and didn't rant hatred! What ever happened to "Love thy neighbor as thyself"?
Maybe they need to ask themselves WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Maybe they need to ask themselves WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

1. Jesus would call YOU dogs and swines. Which he did (he called the gentiles so). And unless you are a Jew, then you also would be one of those "dogs" or "swines". *

2. The tragedy of this all is that both those nutcases in westboro church, as well as you, are both reaching to Jesus for this. While Jesus could have cared less for all of you. See #1.

--------------------

* - "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6)
edit on 28/5/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I will 'thank god' when someone eventually puts a bullet through one of these idiots brains.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've seen them only on TV here in UK, when there on the sidewalk doing their thing ' havent any of them got seriously hurt by passers by who dont agree with what they say?

I would love to see it If so...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This group is some sort of three letter agencies pet project. I believe it is their mission to cause as much grief as they possibly can. Civil unrest seems to be the name of the game these days. Hmmm.

It is working. But.......one day a disgruntled father of his deceased child is going to take care of these fools. Massive payback.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join