It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Victims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Victims

www.sdentertainer.com

“Thank God for 89 dead & counting in Joplin, Mo & 1 dead in Reading, KS!” the document declared in capital letters. “God’s whirlwind is pounding the enemies of Christ! WBC will picket your raging blasphemous stinky memorials!”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 5/28/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I truly hate this group of people if I could ever hate someone.

They are evil and wicked people who don't deserve the light of day. Men, Women, and children died in this horrible event.

My heart goes out to anyone who has family in Joplin or anyone there themselves. Don't give these people the light of day. Ignore them or anti-picket them. Something, it needs to stop. This is ridiculous.

www.sdentertainer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/27/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oh wow. That's truly horrific of them.

I suppose their karma may not be coming by God's will, but by mans.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I'm pretty sure that entire group of people could "disappear" off the face of the earth, and it wouldn't go any further than a half assed missing persons report filed by a police officer with an ear-to-ear grin.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Sometimes I wish. lol

As a Christian I find it hard to tolerate these people. I really do.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Maybe if we all meditate and visualize a tornado ripping their church to shreds it will happen. Actually there is a pretty good chance. I'll start now.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'd join you but then we really aren't better than them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No different than the damn Islamic extremists.

Fools. I really cannot stand it when people think they are better than everyone else. Some of them people were probably more religous than most of these wacked out fools.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I sorta like the Westborough Chruch, in fact they are the only Christian group I like *. I don't agree with what they say or how they say it, but I'm glad some one is trying whole heartily to speak out against Christianity. They may be a walking oxymoron but they have a point, if you follow what the Christians believe, then if there is a God he would hate you because you know there is a God but you pray to a man you think is his son instead. Kind of hypocritical? Kind of sounds like worshiping a false idol.

However, I am a firm believer in not hating people but rather hating ideas that people blindly accept. I personally believe in God and I believe that Judgement for the USA has long been determined. As a political institution the USA is the same group that killed Jesus and spread misinformation about him to enslave the various people they did not understand and saw as inferior. So you can't tell me in some way the tragedies going on in the USA are not God's wrath in some form. The way the Westboroughs go about their message is extreme, but I know it is frustrating to be the only person around who sees things that way and sometimes you just want to rub in everyone's face that you are right, it doesn't really help though. You can't win over people with hate, and therein lies the problem with the Westborough Church.

*unless you consider Rasta a group of Christian. I don't.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well every religion has its extremists. Although I detest WestBoro, I would never think that their insignificant opinion represented the rest of the population of Christians. And and much as I would love to see them just "disappear" I still hate the people who run those "Jesus Camps" even more. Atleast we, as intelligent adults, can tell that they are wrong.. but Indoctrination of these kind of Extremists views of young children is worse than a few assholes with signs.

PS - If I was a guy... and I could stand up and Piss. I would piss right on them and their signs. I would PAY someone good money just to have them do that...
edit on 27/5/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PURPLEMAN

I sorta like the Westborough Chruch, in fact they are the only Christian group I like *. I don't agree with what they say or how they say it, but I'm glad some one is trying whole heartily to speak out against Christianity. They may be a walking oxymoron but they have a point, if you follow what the Christians believe, then if there is a God he would hate you because you know there is a God but you pray to a man you think is his son instead. Kind of hypocritical? Kind of sounds like worshiping a false idol.

Take a step back and learn about Christianity. God sent his son to earth. In a way they are the same person. It's the father son and holy spirit. Don't be ignorant dude.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

PS - If I was a guy... and I could stand up and Piss. I would piss right on them and their signs. I would PAY someone good money just to have them do that..

How much are we talking about here?

Public urination tickets are only about 100-200 dollars.

Hard times

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Well every religion has its extremists. Although I detest WestBoro, I would never think that their insignificant opinion represented the rest of the population of Christians. And and much as I would love to see them just "disappear" I still hate the people who run those "Jesus Camps" even more. Atleast we, as intelligent adults, can tell that they are wrong.. but Indoctrination of these kind of Extremists views of young children is worse than a few assholes with signs.

I couldn't agree more. I mean it's sad too because it all goes back to how Fred #ed his family up.

He beat his daughters and maybe even sexually abused them. They are warped.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by mayabong

I'd join you but then we really aren't better than them.

Oh come on lets have some fun. Time to stop being all Gandhi and John Lennon and time to start getting some tornados on that church (with noone in it of course). Ok starting. OMMMMMM

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings

PS - If I was a guy... and I could stand up and Piss. I would piss right on them and their signs. I would PAY someone good money just to have them do that...
edit on 27/5/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

I'm game.

I mean, hell, I bet there are quite a few guys who would be willing.

hehe let me know!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If I ever found out I was going to die, or ended up having nothing to essentially live for I would dedicate my last days to "taking care of" these people.

I am no better then them, but taking that responsibility would be completely worth it to keep them from causing the pain and trauma they inflict upon others and the children they are raising within this group.

To praise the deaths...when one of the women found out her father had died in this disaster she literally had a heart attack and passed away herself...do you know how much love one has to feel to be effected like this from a loss?..Most don't and never will.

If souls exist they have none, if a "God" exists he does not condone what they are doing and if he does I want no part of it.

Something - legal - needs to be done about these people..law officials can not touch them, but "the people" can.
I'm thinking passive aggressive, and vindictive as hell.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
These people are so out there, somewhere, who really knows. Most likely they are tools to advance anti- free speech laws. Drum up enough outrage, suggest solution = agenda; check; next step.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Id join ya but I would have stomp the signs to the ground first...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with westboro on this one. I agree with them. This is Gods causing for the wars and suffering that the USA has currently been causing.

God set the laws of physics and chemistry and nature, therefore he controls nature.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Why do people keep paying attention to them?

Trolls die if they don't eat, yet people keep feeding them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join