It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Civilizations? Why isn't there bigger ruins and structures in north America?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
North America was covered in ice. Hence why life flourished further south.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superjesse13132000

Maybe undewater East coast and West coast and GOM?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I find it strandg to.
but the US gets Very bad wether
and earth quakes.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Dear Byrd,

I just read this linked article. Kon-Tiki explorer was partly right – Polynesians had South American roots. I guess we will have to wait for further study to know the complete answer. I also wish to add that I didn't really think you were going to shut me down just for disagreeing with you. I just like the term "Super Moderator". I was more concerned about being off topic.

The statement in the linked articles that says "But in 1947, Heyerdahl controversially claimed that Easter Island's famous statues were similar to those at Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, and sailed a raft from Peru to French Polynesia to prove it could have been colonised from America.

Now Professor Erik Thorsby of the University of Oslo in Norway has found clear evidence to support elements of Heyerdahl's hypothesis." I believe is clearly on point, regarding megaliths in Easter Island and South America. At a minimum, we now know that dna proves that there was more interaction between the Polynesians and the Americas that was previously believed. I find that sort of vindicating after 40 years of questions. Be well.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thanks for taking note of my post WalkingFox. Your reply was very informative. I did not know those facts. Here are the names I believe that have a connection to Nahuatl.

Tualatin = Tuality = Lazy river
Tillamook = Land of many waters
Umatilla = Rippling water

The city of Tualatin and the Tualatin River derive their names from the old Native American word "Tuality," meaning lazy river.

Tualatin

Its name was eventually changed to Tillamook, an Indian word meaning “land of many waters.”

Tillamook

The word tillamook is said to mean 'land of many waters.'

Tillamook2

Umatilla is an Indian term meaning "rippling water" or "water rippling over sand" and has provided the name both for the county and its major river.

Umatilla

The "tla" sound definitely is associated with the term for fresh water with some local tribes up in the Pacific Northwest. I think it is important to note that the Aztec rain deity is called Tlaloc, who also has the word for fresh water in his name.

If indeed the Nahuatl language came from the Great Basin of the United States I find it odd that the Mesoamerican population, who also speak Nahuatl, was far greater than those in the north. I wonder if the original native families in the north limited the number of children they had. The climate isn't that bad in Oregon and Washington, the region should have been able to sustain many peoples with the abundance of wild animals in the area. Maybe conservation had something to do with it.

edit on 22-6-2011 by lostinspace because: wording

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join