It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My dad is a globalist...please help me.

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Great reply. I would like to hear why the nations need a government and what type would you suggest? Humans should be free. The laws a Royal Family has over humans amounts to slavery. We are nothing but pawns in the game.

Fine for not wearing seatbelt
Go to jail for using natural herbs
Robbed over and over for petty things created to enrich the War Machine
Drugs brought into the US daily to destroy this country.
Forced to become a slave to the healthcare racket.

What do you suggest Governments do to actually Free the people? OP would not have brought this up unless he hadnt noticed this country going under faster than we can Kill Millions. Well almost as fast.

I do feel we should have groups who keep some type of control we humans put in place. No royal bloodline next go round. The more you bound a man the more a man will fight back. We no longer have one voice in this country. Presidents are selected not elected. The fight over right vs left is an illusion just to divide the humans who havent figured out the game. The sick Government we have has destroyed many lives, one way or another. It will take many generations to rebuild what has been destroyed in just the last 100 years. Many people need two or more jobs to survive in this corrupt world.

I have been questioning why our world is this way and I guess I will continue until the day I go back into the soil.

Peace to you.




posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Your dad is a good man then.


You know how many people Globalization has lifted out of poverty? Globalization is good.


Rome was faring pretty well while they practiced Globalization. But as that shows, Globalization probably will never be a permanent thing no matter how powerful the controlling state is.

Possibly if we ever settle space that my be one unit, which is probably good, but doubtful down here anytime soon.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Your dad is a good man then.


You know how many people Globalization has lifted out of poverty? Globalization is good.


Rome was faring pretty well while they practiced Globalization. But as that shows, Globalization probably will never be a permanent thing no matter how powerful the controlling state is.

Possibly if we ever settle space that my be one unit, which is probably good, but doubtful down here anytime soon.

I meant the Globalization of Capitalism.

Not the Globalization of governments, government gets in the way of free trade.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Great reply. I would like to hear why the nations need a government and what type would you suggest? Humans should be free. The laws a Royal Family has over humans amounts to slavery. We are nothing but pawns in the game.

Fine for not wearing seatbelt
Go to jail for using natural herbs
Robbed over and over for petty things created to enrich the War Machine
Drugs brought into the US daily to destroy this country.
Forced to become a slave to the healthcare racket.

What do you suggest Governments do to actually Free the people? OP would not have brought this up unless he hadnt noticed this country going under faster than we can Kill Millions. Well almost as fast.

I do feel we should have groups who keep some type of control we humans put in place. No royal bloodline next go round. The more you bound a man the more a man will fight back. We no longer have one voice in this country. Presidents are selected not elected. The fight over right vs left is an illusion just to divide the humans who havent figured out the game. The sick Government we have has destroyed many lives, one way or another. It will take many generations to rebuild what has been destroyed in just the last 100 years. Many people need two or more jobs to survive in this corrupt world.

I have been questioning why our world is this way and I guess I will continue until the day I go back into the soil.

Peace to you.


Dear Buford2,

Our current leadership is cowards and liars because we elected cowards and liars. People stopped voting for character and voted their pocket books or single issues. This is a natural consequence of that, you get scumbags that will cater to people's selfishness and bigotry. If we have no government we have no management over a lot of things, things like knowing what is in your food.

The creation of government was necessary because large groups of people found it easier to live together and if we live together there must be rules. Rules of fairness, rules of contracts, rules of remedies for when we are mistreated. The more complicated the society, the more that must have rules and something to enforce them.

I have no use for royalty or the royal family; but, they don't control everything. They do have lots of money and influence and have been around for a bit. Government can also be a representative democracy and I am in favor of that. In order for it to work, we have to choose our representatives better. I don't believe in direct democracy because the world is so complicated that we do need experts in government. My opinion. I studied and received a degree in political science and work in government (not the federal government).



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Give up on trying to make him see the truth. Your dad has been brainwashed by methods so sophisticated that no amount of logic or reasoning can break through to the hypnotized mind. As somebody whose parents were both longtime military, I speak from experience with this type of person. My dad admits willingly that he will not look into 9/11 because it is not possible for him to believe the government is capable of such a thing, regardless of any evidence presented. To see the truth, the brainwashed person would have to discard their entire reality, and a person without a reality will go insane. Their entire mental stability is what is at stake, it is much more than just forming an opinion based on evidence.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Thank You for that great reply. Peace to you.



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
explain to the ol duffer
bout how the bankers that want to run the world are stealing his pension
through inflation and devaluation of the dollar eroding his moneys buying power

and through this theft of his hard earned money
they are financing the theft
of his children
and his children's children..


give it till the end of 2012
his money that he saved all his life will be worth
zer0


edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: ps you might mention the decrease in the value of his real estate...and then send him off at th airport and yell hi jack!



posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thank's to your father for his service.

That being said, if your Dad was in such a position as you say then I believe he may be just playing stupid or dodging your questions/remarks.

Your Dad is obviously a very intelligent man. Working around such people as he did and dealing with the sort of issues that came his way is bound to produce a knowledge of what was and is happening around him.

With that knowledge, maybe he is very keen to the neo-con/military industrial complex and see's Obama as one step away from that control structure. I don't know.

Just my opinion anyway. But he most likely knows more than he says.....and says less than he knows!


edit on 27-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosyourdaddyo
My dad is a life long US Government official. He served 40 years in the US Foreign service and helped spread US economic polocies to nations where he was stationed. He was instrumental in getting the GATT passed and was involved in the early days of NAFTA. He retired before NAFTA was officially passed, but remains to this day a supporter of it, and a die hard Obama supporter.

I love my dad, and am very proud of his sevice to the Nation- he is a WWII veteran, however, I feel that he is not able to see the evil that has become so prevelant in the nations government, media and corporate culture. I have talked to him about subjects ranging from aspartame and flouride being poisons that the Governement endorses for our children to use, to questions I have about 9/11 and even the truth behind the Iran-Contra scandal (which he was involved in doing de-classification of relevant documents). Untill last week, he had no idea about the drug importing and sales being done as part of this whole deal!

I could use some support from the great people here at ATS to help show my Dad that this government has betrayed him and what he's stood for, since he volunteered to fight in 1942. I myself am a non-combat veteran (served during the Cold War) and I am convinced that we are not the same country we were when I was in High School back in 1986, when I joined up.



This might be helpful... First, have a look at this, and then see if he's interested in gazing through the following congressional record..



And then, the following documents would be better understood after watching this clip, where the Schlesinger Manifesto is mentioned.. (Also the CFR, Trilateral Commission, etx...





















edit on 28-5-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by rstregooski because: sdf



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo
 


Your Dad is a different generation, as others have said. Im sure he would tell you this isnt the country he served as a young man. Instead of trying to convince him of this modern nations shortcommings, why not make him feel like he is doing something to bring back those old values or ideas.

My pesonal opinion is that the US fell for the "be careful what you wish for" after WWII, we got more from Operation Paperclip and other clandestine transfers of knowledge than we bargained for. To include political techniques and sciences. I believe we are still feeling the reporcusions of Nazi germany today via MSM, political demi-goggery, technology that leads the masses by the nose and the like.



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Its quite simple really.

Generation after generation it repeats itself, the younger generation always have to find something wrong with the older generation.

Simple.




posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo
 


You sound like those people that just have to convince everyone that their religion is the right one and they should believe the way you do.

If he wants to see the government a certain way, then just let him.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Avyuir because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski
 


Dear rstregooski,

Great clips. In my earlier response I stated that globalistic beliefs are pretty common in the State Department because it is a fairly well known fact. The Professors that teach them tend to be pretty left leaning. Political Views of Professors, In 1980 I conducted a survey of my Universities Political Science Professors and found only one moderate, the rest self reported as liberal or leftist. Pretty common in the colleges for Political Science.

Back then the Professors actively promoted regionalism of countries. Brezinski and Kissinger were frequently read. I personally disagreed and still do; but, it is taught in the colleges to those who will go into the State Department and other areas.



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir
 


What is it about my post that gets so many people feeling they have to attack my character? I am NOT one to push my beliefs on others, however, when asked about them, I hold NOTHING back, and debate with the facts that I have at my disposal. I respect the hell out of my father, and his service is definately to be admired and honored. It is my opinion, however, that our Government has betrayed his (and so many others) good intentioned efforts to make the world a safer and better place by "exporting American values". Until recently, this was a great idea, and one that was noble...however I now see that our country seems to be on the wrong side in so many ways. It's heart-breaking, really.

My father gave over 70 years of his life in service to the Nation, and is still working to this day for the government. I know that the majority of people who are in our government are good people, who beleive they are doing the right thing...which is why I am so frustrated and angered that a small number of power and money hungry people seem to be at the controls of this ship of state.



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoosyourdaddyo
reply to post by Avyuir
 


What is it about my post that gets so many people feeling they have to attack my character? I am NOT one to push my beliefs on others, however, when asked about them, I hold NOTHING back, and debate with the facts that I have at my disposal. I respect the hell out of my father, and his service is definately to be admired and honored. It is my opinion, however, that our Government has betrayed his (and so many others) good intentioned efforts to make the world a safer and better place by "exporting American values". Until recently, this was a great idea, and one that was noble...however I now see that our country seems to be on the wrong side in so many ways. It's heart-breaking, really.

My father gave over 70 years of his life in service to the Nation, and is still working to this day for the government. I know that the majority of people who are in our government are good people, who beleive they are doing the right thing...which is why I am so frustrated and angered that a small number of power and money hungry people seem to be at the controls of this ship of state.



Hey man it's just the nature of the internet forums. Behind-the-monitor-syndrome enables the user to feel 10 times taller and 50 times tougher so they can criticize and make blanket statements that group you with a certain type of discreditable and questionable section of society (ie: conspiracy theorist, hippie, blogger) therefore giving them the right ( at least in their mind) to completely ridicule you as they see fit, sometimes even implying a use of violence.



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by redbarron626

Originally posted by kro32
Of course were not the same government..things change over time and always have and always will.

You think the government does nothing good at all? That's a bit naive I think.


Quit trolling! This guy wants some help to find a way to enlighten his dad and all you do is berate and belittle???
Next time just don't reply if you have nothing to add.

Hoosyourdaddyo: Keep talking to your Dad and let him decide if he wants to be informed. I know this is hard to do but he has to be the one to make up his own mind. It is almost impossible to change a persons mind but you can give him all the tools necessary for him to make a new decision.


That wasn't trolling but rather a simple fact. Don't mean to berate you either but governments do change over time. That should be obvious.


But that wasn't what the OP said. She/he said it wasn't the same country, not the same government as you state. Also, the OP was NOT complaining or whining about politics or politicians.

You may not be trolling but your post was rude and discourteous, and you seem to have misunderstood two important points in the very clearly written OP. Do they teach you reading comprehension at HS? Probably not.
edit on 28-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosyourdaddyo
 


Have your dad read the book Conspiracy Hierarchy: The Committee of 300 by Dr. John Coleman. If this book doesn't open his eyes ...




top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join