It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls and Shoes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
t3.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcQsAcJGgFYvufEbVrOnBs-RPFiGXvyiMxZKkxx3yJ9ZMo549AIRJQ

Comfy as hell and good for kicking people outta the way.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Im a shoe addict, as most women....
Something good to throw on your feet when SHTF w/out notice would maybe be some Vibram Five Finger Shoes... not the best looking things...but good for your feet, can throw them in a handbag and great for those last minute OMG moments...

Years ago I loved to run, but had to stop when I developed joint problems in my hips, ankles, and especially knees. I wasn't able to run for years, and had tons of problems in everyday life and wore tennis shoes every single day as a SAHM because everything else hurt my knees & ankles.

Since getting my Five Fingers... I have NO joint problems. I'm running again! When I first started it was painfully obvious how weak my legs were from wearing sneakers. But I'm an old lady runner now... and my ankles are fine, my feet are fine, my hips are fine, and my knees are fine! No more sneakers for me!

These things are FANTASTIC.
Great shoes for ANY occasion.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey, the secret is out... The ultimate survival item, New Shoes!

Put on a pair and everything wrong will be right!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think Im one of the odd ones because I dont own a single pair of heels. I am a sensible shoes and combat boots chick. My shoe arsenal consists of flip flops, sneakers specially made for plantar faschitis, my weight lifting shoes and a couple of pairs of steel toed boots. My podiatrist and I had a long talk about heels and I cant see them as being worth the physical stress on my feet, shins and knees....sexy or not. In a SHTF scenario, I am throwin on my hiking boots with the composite toe. They have gel insoles so they are comfy while I run for my life or scramble through the bush.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

In America, thongs, are lil stringy thingys.....have no idea what some women see in them!

In Orcland, they have a jandel competition once a year for the most creative pair!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I like the Jimmy Choos but I like to keep my tooties well and truely on the ground.

If I had tiny lil young feet of a teen I'd probably go wild on some of the shoes now out on the market.....does'nt mean to say I'd wear them but just having them like twinkle stars in my wardrobe

edit on 28-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

I dont get the whole shoe thing, personally. Especially the high heel thing. Ok, it makes your butt stick out and waddle more seductively, but really, is it worth all the money and the damage to your feet (cause women who regularly wear heels often have some ugly deformed feet) just so that some strange guy you dont know can better appreciate your butt/legs?

I just dont get it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Im with you. Shoes serve a function, and my main requirement is that they be comfortable as well as functional. I like good quality, so they last longer, and are better for my feet, but most "cute shoes" that girls wear are horribly uncomfortable, and their only real function is to make women better man bait.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think it depends on the fit and brand of the steel toes. If they dont fit well they are more noticeable than if you take the time to get the perfect fit. I would always wet mine right off the bat and wear them wet until they dired the first wear, so the leather would conform better. I loved mine. And they didnt really feel that heavy at the end of the day. Its like lifting weights, you notice it at first, but then once you get used to it, I didnt notice them at all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Okay didn't have time to go through ALL of the posts but I'm glad the ones I did were not talking about which ones to bring n all that, or if someone should take a pair of dress shoes "just in case"... I really like the Vibram FiveFingers shoe idea... Those look most comfortable... Thinking about my own situation, I am not your typical "shoe Crazed girl" so I literally have a pair of Uggs, vans, and running shoes. Thats it heh...
I have always thought about this scenario though, what would you do if SHTF and you had ZERO time... what would you grab? Where would you go? How would you react?! I dunno, one thing I do know, is I won't be rummaging through my closet full of shoes deciding what to bring with me while the world is crumbling down all around me... heh...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahraeann

If the SHTF you need boots. That should be anyones "one pair" of shoes if thats all they can take. There is a reason virtually ALL the military forces on the planet issue boots to their soldiers. Because they offer maximum protection in the widest variety of situations. Get a good pair, steel toe or not steel toe to your own judgment, nice leather, good soles with good traction, a shaft that totally covers the ankle, and you are good to go.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ah yes,women and their shoes have always been a problem.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ah yes,women and their shoes have always been a problem.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahraeann

omg I HATE Uggs, they are the ugliest thing to put on a foot

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I always have a pair of sneakers around

I hate heels anyways...they hurt

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir

I always have a pair of sneakers around

I hate heels anyways...they hurt

Ya me too but sometimes we HAVE to wear them for different ocassions and for our careers. That's why if SHTF and you're in a career in which you have to wear uncomfortable shoes (heels, steel toes, dress shoes etc.) all day long; having a comfortable back up pair could make a huge difference. Just like with guys who have to wear steel toes all day long, keep a pair of back up shoes.
I can't imagine how painful it would be to have to be in uncomfortable shoes in a SHTF scenario.

It's not about vanity, fashion etc. it's about being comfortable
edit on 28-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

LoL yeaaaaaaaaah well, when you live in the NW and you want something comfy to slide your feet in I find it really easy for that thing to be uggs.. LOL

I'm actually getting sick of them though, and do need to invest in a pair of hefty boots
You know Just in case SHTF!! Heh
edit on 28-5-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Uggs aren't too bad in and of themselves...its when they are stuffed into sweatpants with "Juicy" or "Pink" written on the butt that things are just out of control, lol......*shudder*

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am girl and I HATE shoes. I have tough feet and can out run any one on and surface barefoot.
I used to challenge people to barefoot races on sharp gravel all the time. When peoples shoes start falling apart, I'll have a head start. I wouldn't bother with flats, think well made boots, for poor weather.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

If my husband was a member here,he would agree with you.
I have taken over all the closet space in our home.What can
I say,I'm a woman!

I no longer wear heels and have gotten rid of most of them,
don't you just hate gravity and old age?I am a sneaker mama
now and run around the house with socks on my feet.
For SituationHTF,I do have hiking boots in my closet

edit on 29-5-2011 by mamabeth because: added more

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join