It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls and Shoes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
O.K. I know a lot of us women have jobs where we have to dress nice and this includes wearing high heels. We also like wearing nice shoes when were out and about; which may not be that comfortable! I know many of us already do this but for the ladies out there, who like to wear high heels, keep a pair of flats or running shoes in your purse at all times. If SHTF a 5 inch pair of Jimmy Choo’s isn’t going to seem very practical! Since you never know when a tornado, earth quake, hurricane or flood will happen it’s good to be prepared! Keeping a pair of running shoes at your office is also smart.
I know this might seem kind of flakey but honestly a lot of women have to wear heels and they really aren’t practical in SHTF situations. Keep back up shoes on you!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

I only own 3 pair of shoes and a pair of jandels

but whats the bet I have more jewelry than all the woman put together on ATS

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Im a shoe addict, as most women....
Something good to throw on your feet when SHTF w/out notice would maybe be some Vibram Five Finger Shoes... not the best looking things...but good for your feet, can throw them in a handbag and great for those last minute OMG moments...

link   
If a man may jump in here. That actually makes sense... It can't hurt to be prepared.

As you say, high heels would be very impratical during sit x.

Same can be said for guys who have to wear dress shoes to work, or anywhere else...

They can be very uncomfortable and are not practical for such situations. Hey, if you can, maybe have a pair of running shoes or what have you, in your car, or office... Just some where handy that you can get to, if need be.

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I only own 3 pair of shoes and a pair of jandels

but whats the bet I have more jewelry than all the woman put together on ATS

Well hopefully if SHTF you're in one of your comfortable pairs lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Something good to throw on your feet when SHTF w/out notice would maybe be some Vibram Five Finger Shoes... not the best looking things...but good for your feet, can throw them in a handbag and great for those last minute OMG moments...

Can I ask... Those look like... Well, if I were to wear a pair... I would be the first one to trip and break a toe or something.

How sturdy are they? If one trips in them, how likely are they to break a toe? Or if they drop something on them etc?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I think my wife is giving Imelda Marcos a run for her money. She not only has a closet full of shoes, our closet is now her closet. My closet is down in the basement next to the washing machine. I think a lot of guys can relate to this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Can I ask... Those look like... Well, if I were to wear a pair... I would be the first one to trip and break a toe or something.

How sturdy are they? If one trips in them, how likely are they to break a toe? Or if they drop something on them etc?

they are VERY good for your feet. They were designed by people who researched the foot and what was safest for them, etc.....VERY comfortable too. Just a tad bit freeky looking
Not sure about dropping something on them....I havent thought that far regarding them
but they are super strong yet flexable rubber type material...

More info here...

edit on May 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   

Hope you get 1,000 stars. Very good advice. And yes before my job was outsourced to India and I worked in a office and on a pretty high floor, I always kept a pair of good walking shoes, white gym socks and jacket with extra protein bars and water in a "work survival bag" under my desk.

Excellent advice, you never know if something is going to happen.

Want a good book to read on survival?

Read "Lights Out" by David Crawford. Very interesting read. Alot of insight.

link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I think my wife is giving Imelda Marcos a run for her money. She not only has a closet full of shoes, our closet is now her closet. My closet is down in the basement next to the washing machine. I think a lot of guys can relate to this.

You have a closet???

No fair!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

they are VERY good for your feet. They were designed by people who researched the foot and what was safest for them, etc.....VERY comfortable too. Just a tad bit freeky looking
Not sure about dropping something on them....I havent thought that far regarding them
but they are super strong yet flexable rubber type material...

More info here...
edit on May 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I've never heard of them but thanks for bringing them up! I'm going to look into getting a pair to throw in my purse. It sounds a lot better then a pair of roll up flats!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

If a man may jump in here. That actually makes sense... It can't hurt to be prepared.

As you say, high heels would be very impratical during sit x.

Same can be said for guys who have to wear dress shoes to work, or anywhere else...

They can be very uncomfortable and are not practical for such situations. Hey, if you can, maybe have a pair of running shoes or what have you, in your car, or office... Just some where handy that you can get to, if need be.

I didn't even think of the men in dress shoes! A pair of runners in the car, office etc would probably be a good idea for them as well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If there is an emergency it's always good to have a few items handy. Not talking about a bug out bag or anything silly like that but you'd always want to know a few things. If say there's immediate danger like a tsunami or there's a tornado or flash flood coming and you have no choice but to run try to always remember where your place to go is first of all.

Always keep a spare car key that never moves so is always there, try to keep your car filled with gas, maybe keep a small emergency kit next to your hidden key and any extra money if you have it. Also try to keep your phone handy.

Most importantly know your area and the dangers you are likely to face. You probably will never have to drop and run but if you do a little planning never hurts.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ah, ok. I have seen them around before... Or rather pictures of them. I admit, they are a bit... Funky looking but with my feet... I actually have a condition in which my feet are completely flat ( No arch) because of my tendons in my foot not functioning properly. They are too loose and so my lower legs do most of the balancing ( Gives me really buff legs
). I have special prescribed custom made insoles for my shoes.

But I digress.

They might actually be something I will look into.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Hope you get 1,000 stars. Very good advice. And yes before my job was outsourced to India and I worked in a office and on a pretty high floor, I always kept a pair of good walking shoes, white gym socks and jacket with extra protein bars and water in a "work survival bag" under my desk.

Excellent advice, you never know if something is going to happen.

Want a good book to read on survival?

Read "Lights Out" by David Crawford. Very interesting read. Alot of insight.

Thanks! I will look up the book later tonight, I was actually looking to read a survival book but I wasn't sure which one would be good.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ah, ok. I have seen them around before... Or rather pictures of them. I admit, they are a bit... Funky looking but with my feet... I actually have a condition in which my feet are completely flat ( No arch) because of my tendons in my foot not functioning properly. They are too loose and so my lower legs do most of the balancing ( Gives me really buff legs
). I have special prescribed custom made insoles for my shoes.

But I digress.

They might actually be something I will look into.

Here in CO they are SUPER popular....they have them for the gym, walking around town or hiking....lots of martial arts people here wear them too.
I swear I do not work for them
I just got "sold" after I tried them on....and after I would make fun of people wearing them

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234

I didn't even think of the men in dress shoes! A pair of runners in the car, office etc would probably be a good idea for them as well.

Actually I have been doing just that lately. Not for the reasons listed here though. Where I work I have to wear steel toe work boots and after working a 10-12 hour shift, my feet are killing me and those boots do get really heavy.

I bring a back pack to work with me every day and keep it in my locker. I have my regular shoes ( Runners) in there so I can change into them after the end of the day. Much more comfortable and don't have to lug around in those heavy boots until I get home.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I prefer bare feet; I like to feel the earth and it's actually alot healthier for your body too because you pick up the earth's natural vibes that keeps the body in balance and I understand you live longer.

I have a pair of mountain boots, sports shoes, Italian sandles and jandels......but I make up for lack of shoes in jewelry (being a jewelry designer I'm surrounded with it with nice frocks)
edit on 27-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

haha, I admit, I would be the first to make fun of some one I saw wearing them...I can see me wearing them around the house though, or maybe if I were to go camping, hiking etc...

You are starting to sell me... You SURE you don't work for them?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yep, in the trunk of my car I have an emergency box, more protein bars, water, hiking ankle boots, socks, jeans, sweatshirt, teeshirt, water, a blanket and some other stuff.

Good always to have some spare stuff in your trunk that you can use if something happens.

Now I have a bug out bag for me and my dog in my closet.

My husband, who thinks ATS and conspiracies are nuts even has a bag packed on the floor of his closet I notice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cff6ca5d93a7.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join