It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin, Keynesian Economics, Suppy-Side Economics and Ronald Reagan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's part of their meme to bash the rich, bash the successful, bash the folks that work.

When the entitlement population is growing in leaps and bounds due to poor mismanagement of the economy BY government, then the only enemy you have left is the wealthy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
all i know is the lazy bums and the elderly and disabled do not create wealth in this country.

all i know is that govenment is the problem in this country

all i know is that it is not the governments job to control the economy.
obama =big government
palin= small government
the fact is wealth is being destroyed in this country just depends on who you blame.
i blame the government.
trickle down does work i work i get paid and then i go buy something anywhere and in turn those people do the same and it snowballs and snowballs and ends back up at the governent.

The elderly built this and every country...before you were here..lol
their actual saving and building was what wealth was..based on PRODUCTION.
You don't have production now and you can't shrink government either.
They aren't going to vote themselves out of a job and go broke
they'll stiff the soldiers that are out STEALING the wealth of other countries
(ie oil, opium) before they shrink government
Watchovia was just busted for this and fined 3 percent of what they laundered....

The bumbs provide many government jobs to deal with them...
and are an excuse to collect taxes
Which is why government won't get rid of the bumbs
they are, with homelannd security, and the arms race, about the only job in town these days

Without the massive quantitative easing and the resulting soon to be crippling UNAVOIDABLE inflation in key sectors, I don't think there would be any economy.
That is not trikle down
That is the creation of debt money, which is exepcet for a little lubrication all being stolen
look at the who actually got the TARP

clinton replaced the social security money with IOUs
thats where that prosperity came from...stolen from the people down the road

trickle down?
avalanch up
heh

this isn't about party politics this is about having to steal to suport the life support of the US
video.google.ca...#

this ( as if smedly butlers testimony to congress wasn't enough) vid details the military theft of wealth from around the world...
like the way the gulf of tonkin never happened
and the cash cow was on...
heroin, arms....pharma made a killing...as did the vehicle manufacturers....etc

the party debate IMHO is a sham
without borrowing and wars, the us has no economy
and both parties know it
so war you will get...and get...and get

the hegellian dialectic in full swing

bankers make more in a day of war then a year of peace..and they run the show
after the 90 percent against TARP bailout
the recent silver dump that drove up the dollar for a couple days and was caused by FRAUD
and the attack on the non debt based banking systems in Iraq, Iran, Libya...etc
that should be obvious..

Palin?
they say you get the government you deserve

PS
star that beezer
edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by gorgi

you educate me? tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop regurjitating main stream bs

the government is the problem

who the hell are you or government to tell anyone how much they can have since you nor the government worked their azzes off for it.

this is a republic and property rights(money) is THEIR PROPERTY noone in this country has the right to steal from minorities and give to the majority.

theres some education for you.

If you call facts BS, then there is nothing that anyone can do for you.
Governments exist for a reason and it does not steal from us. Taxes are not theft. Taxes are not unconstitutional or illegal as you are implying.
There is no redistribution of wealth happening. AJ and info wars and all the other right wing doom and gloom media are lying to you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is an idiot.

Keynesian economics doesn't work and it hasn't worked, but the state loves it so they will keep trying to make it work.

Suppy-Side economics/Voodoo economics

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I'll let Obama speak for himself on the whole redistribution of wealth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

You contradict yourself in your own post and add that Palin is an idiot.

Thank you for your time.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

what you call facts is bs show me where the right has killed old people etc.

taxes are theft read the constitution will you like that part where it says ALL TAXES IN THIS COUNTRY MUST BE UNIFORM throughout this land.

the only person lying here is you man

i am not buying what your selling.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

in my country income tax was imposed to pay for world war two, and were to be recinded upon such repayment
they did not.
Canada became a peace keeping nation to cause an indefinit reason to perpetuate the cash grab, because Canadians don't want to fight anyone.
unlike some places..I guess we got the TV much later

so show us the law that says US citizens must pay tax

PS star there RDJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

You contradict yourself in your own post and add that Palin is an idiot.

Thank you for your time.

You're welcome. But how did I contradict myself?

edit on 27-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

yeah dan not really going to argue here just a few things i would like to point out.

yeah the elderly of today did build alot of the wealth in this country key world did

and yes when this country had production we were masters of our destiny

and now today those people who were once young are not those elderly instead of making money now they are costing money without the means of production we use to have.

not really gonna argue the rest of the because i somewhat agree with those sentiments.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Raising the highest tax bracket is not a bad thing. Since when has the idea of "the more one makes the more one pays" become so evil?

The idea of taxing higher income is not destroying the country as people here seem to keep claiming. Also putting the uneducated plumber up as a source is not very convincing.

If you do not want taxes go to Somalia or Sudan ect.. They have almost no government or taxes. They have true freedom, right ?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the whole trouble right now is the US taxes go right to pay interest on the debt
as long as the US or any country is on a debt based money creation system they are screwed

Lybia went from being the poorest in africa to the richest in africa because Gadhaffi did what Kennedy was killed for
he issued a sovereign non debt based currency
( actually all your assassinated presidents have that in common..
reagan and jackson learned easy
which is why the people who killed kennedy have to get Gadhaffi too

see there is a concrete example of the way it is
al cIA duh, like smedly butler, works for the banks

so there will be no real prosperity till that situation is WRECTIFIED

BTW xcelent thread beezer

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by gorgi

in my country income tax was imposed to pay for world war two, and were to be recinded upon such repayment
they did not.
Canada became a peace keeping nation to cause an indefinit reason to perpetuate the cash grab, because Canadians don't want to fight anyone.
unlike some places..I guess we got the TV much later

so show us the law that says US citizens must pay tax

PS star there RDJ

The USA is a different country than Canada.

And here are some links you might. enjoy.

link   
Please come back to reality. Sarah Palin has never even read a single book on economics unless you consider Ann Coulter an authority on economics. Even then she probably only browsed through that nonsense.

You also don't know much about Keynesian Economics. John Maynard Keynes would have payed one man to dig a whole and another to fill it in order to stimulate the economy. He was about building from the bottom up. Unfortunately in the situation we are in, the whole was already dug. It was a bottomless pit dug by the banks to enslave us. Bush's and Obama's policy has been to try and fill this bottomless pit with money. Very different from what Roosevelt did.

And yes, the income tax as applied today is unconstitutional. It has become a wage tax instead of a business profit tax. Wage taxes are unconstitutional.

link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by beezzer

Raising the highest tax bracket is not a bad thing. Since when has the idea of "the more one makes the more one pays" become so evil?

Yes it is a bad thing. Taking peoples money USED to be called robbery.

The idea of taxing higher income is not destroying the country as people here seem to keep claiming. Also putting the uneducated plumber up as a source is not very convincing.

Source.
I was pointing our OBAMA's words NOT the plumbers.

If you do not want taxes go to Somalia or Sudan ect.. They have almost no government or taxes. They have true freedom, right ?

Huh? This is about Obama vs. Palin. I don't understand.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the whole trouble right now is the US taxes go right to pay interest on the debt
as long as the US or any country is on a debt based money creation system they are screwed

Lybia went from being the poorest in africa to the richest in africa because Gadhaffi did what Kennedy was killed for
he issued a sovereign non debt based currency
( actually all your assassinated presidents have that in common..
reagan and jackson learned easy
which is why the people who killed kennedy have to get Gadhaffi too

see there is a concrete example of the way it is
al cIA duh, like smedly butler, works for the banks

so there will be no real prosperity till that situation is WRECTIFIED

BTW xcelent thread beezer

What you just said is a giant conspiracy with no actual proof at all.

Libya is still a poor country. The reason is has a higher GDP per capita is because of its oil and its low population.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

sure NEO good points
I think yes there are some old folks I have noticed
particularly the serious alcoholics and other substance abusers
and the sick who require massive meds fit your bill

though i think we created them along with the welfare state sort of
Like Davey Crockett posited charity is NOT the busines of government
and I think Davey's and your position in that sense are quite valid

and yeah, you are really right
i do argue too much
super LOL
passion

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
Please come back to reality. Sarah Palin has never even read a single book on economics unless you consider Ann Coulter an authority on economics. Even then she probably only browsed through that nonsense.

Wow. You know what Palin has read??? Awesome. What finger am I holding up now? :lol

You also don't know much about Keynesian Economics. John Maynard Keynes would have payed one man to dig a whole and another to fill it in order to stimulate the economy. He was about building from the bottom up. Unfortunately in the situation we are in, the whole was already dug. It was a bottomless pit dug by the banks to enslave us. Bush's and Obama's policy has been to try and fill this bottomless pit with money. Very different from what Roosevelt did.

Explain how Obamas' approach is different.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

First off, star and flag for a good conversation starter. Turns out I have more time than I thought this evening, so I will try to get all of my thoughts out....

First of all, my general thought on economic theory is that different theories work under different circumstances and variable, and conversely circumstance and variables can make a perfectly sound theory fail at one point in time while they may work at another.

Obama is a Keynesian Economics follower.

Obama, as did Bush before him, does participate in Keynesian theory. Regardless of what platform they claim, both absolutely believe in spending as a way of recovery. The problem is, the spending hasn't been in the correct place for Keynesian economics to work. Forget all the talk of stimulus and bailouts and everything else. in 2000, the Department of Defense budget was just under $400 billion. This year it is going to be just under $800 billion. The money is being redistributed right back into the government, alongside a bunch of fat cat contractors and corporations.

That in itself makes Keynesian Economics null and void.

Palin is a suppy-side/trickle-down/Reaganomics follower.

Or so she claims. Her track record, limited as it is, tells a slightly different story. In her 6 years as Mayor of Wasilla, she racked up $20 million in debt. This is a town of what, 6000 people? $20 million. Hardly fiscally conservative. The biggest issue I have here is, though, that she simply doesnt have a record to go on. She has no experience that says she can accomplish ANYTHING, regardless of what she WANTS to do.

The problem in all of this, as I said before, is being hidden. The biggest hinderenc on this economy right now is our military/DOD spending. The fact of the matter is, that is where the debt is truly being created. And that is the first place you have to start to fix it.

Neither of the two people being discussed are going to cut military spending. Therefore, Keynesian Economics can't work. The majority of the wealth cant be redistributed properly, so we are stuck in a cycle of spending.

Trickle down didn't work the first time. It was short sighted approach, that ended in negative growth rates in the early nineties. It had a positive effect in the heart of Reagans terms, but it didnt adapt, and ended in fail. Over a long enough timeline, it will always fail. Giving the top end enough tax cuts, for long enough, will ALWAYS lead to a centralization of wealth. Why is this? There is only so much one can spend. Eventually, stockpiles have to happen.

As a very short term fix, reaganomics could start things headed in the right direction. But in the end, people HAVE to stop looking to the past for answer. We need new ideas. We need to hybrid these theories. We need someone who is looking at it solely from a "This needs to be fixed" standpoint, and not from a political party stance.

We cannot continue to look back and expect the past to fix the future. We need to adapt. We need to examine where our money is being spent. We need to realize that no single fast and solid theory is going to fix where we are at.

Anyway, I hope that all makes sense, and again, it's just my opinion.

edit on 27-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by beezzer

Yes it is a bad thing. Taking peoples money USED to be called robbery.

Source.
I was pointing our OBAMA's words NOT the plumbers.

Huh? This is about Obama vs. Palin. I don't understand.

Taxes are not theft. Its part of the law. If you do not like the tax law, run for congress and get it changed.

What Obama said was that he wants to raise the tax rate on the upper part of the income. Complicated ?

What I meant was that if you want a small government go there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join