INTIHUATANA - Where the sun is tied

page: 1

join

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This misterious stone - obelisk, calls the atention of everybody who visits Machu Picchu. It seems to be more than just a solar clock. Some people believe there were other intihuatanas and they were all destroyed by the spanish conquistadors.

The sun was probably tied here for being their father and their god or because they did not want him to go, or they just wanted to make the day last longer and then be able to work in their fields opening holes in the fertile valleys or growing the products of the Mamapacha with more hours of sunshine.

Intihuatana or "tie the sun" used to be repeated by those men coming from Abancay, the land of the God who talks, to the top of the Huascarán, the highest snow peak in Peru, when they narrate this old legend born in the pre Hispanic period when the Andean world was dominated by the Inca.

God was the main divinity in the Inca Empire. It was responsible for healthy crops and it was the father of Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo, the founders of the Empire. Therefore several temples and sanctuaries were held for its worship.

The legend is currently present in the highlands of Peru and told by hundreds or maybe thousands of men of several races describing peculiar monoliths used as "sticks" for God.

It is believed that one of these "sticks" can be found at the Three Windows Temple in Machu Picchu, the greatest Inca citadel protected by the Inti or the Sun, the powerful god who managed to avoid strangers until being discovered in 1911 by the American Hiram Bingham.

Intihuatana, the name of this peculiar obelisk. Is it just a coincidence? an innocent Homonymous ? or it is about a place where the Incas pretended to tie the Sun as it was said in the old legend told by the Andean man?

Beyond the mysticism involved, this Monolith shines at the presence of tourists in the most visited archaeological complex in Peru. Those who put their hands or their head over this sculpture feel an inexplicable strength emerging from its four intersections.

WHERE THE MYSTERY SHINES
The Intihuatana is a mass of granite carved in prism shape and its four vertices aiming at the cardinal points. The obelisk is on a total area of 8 metres and 60 centimetres located in a small platform next to the Three Windows Temple, an Inca observatory in the Citadel of Machu Picchu.

Tons of questions are made around the existence of this strange sculpture. Its origin and purpose is still covered with the mysterious veil of history, though some scientists state it was a worship sanctuary where "the sun was tied" as it won't never stop shinning. If so, life will be extinguished and the end of their children will come.

There are also some people who said that the Intihuatana was a solar clock. They used it to calculate the time and the seasons according to the shadows appeared when the Sun was over the Sculpture. It is also considered as an external space signal, a sign of aliens who often visited the earth. Legends adding even more mystery.

Although there are no answers denied, we are only certain about the energy freely realised and surrounding all the visitors who just by curiosity or searching spiritual renovation go up the 78 stone stairs leading to the "stick" where God's Children tried to tie their father and their God in order to assure it will never stop shinning in their ostentatious Empire.

Source : www.cusco-peru.org...

Here, another point of view :

We are living, according to the Inca's conception of periods, or eras, the Fifth Sun. Each of these suns lasts one thousand year, subdivided, each, in two periods of five hundred years. The point that divides these periods is called Pachacuti - a word that expresses the idea of ​​transformation or global cataclysm. It is believed that there were already nine Pachacuti, and that we are living the number ten, it means, the last.

To fulfill the prophecy, the Intihuatana, solar clock, would be broken. What seemed impossible - because the last one was in Machu Picchu that is a World Heritage Site and as such, very guarded and protected - however, happened.

When the verdict was read, revealing fragiles convictions to the accused, the human beings have felt aggrieved, but the divine plan of the prophecy, only did attenuate the condemnation of those who had become an instrument for it to be fulfilled.

Of what I'm talking about?

In September 2000, while filming a beer commercial in Machu Picchu, the mechanical arm of the crane that supported a swivel chair, where a cameraman was filming the citadel broke off violently and broke a corner stone, causing the fragmentation of one corner of the solar clock (Intihuatana).

The INC (National Institute of Culture) from Cusco had authorized the recording, with an advance payment of 750 soles (Peruvian currency), as stated in the "Texto Único de Procedimientos Administrativos" (TUPA). The Agency, responsible for filming, had undertaken do not damaging, or dirtying, the Cultural Heritage.

The producer Cecilia Castillo Pretell and the director Eddy Romero Pascua, accused for the crime against cultural heritage, in the form of destruction and alteration of heritage, were sentenced to a penalty of four years, turned into three (so, nobody would go to prison).

The former director of the "Instituto Nacional de Cultura" (INC) (National Institut of Culture) of Cusco, Gustavo Manrique Villalobos, who had given permission to film the advertising in that place, was sentenced to three years, while former director of the Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu Héctor Walde Salazar, was acquitted.

And where does it fit the prophecy?

The Inca prophecy of Pachacuti refers to the moment when, with the death of the Inca Huayna Capac - son of Tupac Yupanqui and member of the Panaca (clan) of "Amaru" (snake) (Huayna Capac was father of Atahualpa and Huascar) - began 500 years of purification to the planet. This meant that the light disappeared, together with the Inca, which was "Intipchurin" (son of the Sun), plunging the empire in the darkness, and that it (light) would appear, five hundred years later, when the last "Intihuatana (sundial) was destroyed. That's because Intihuatana was the place where not only astronomical observations were made but literally, there, it "tied the Sun". Break it would be like freeing the time, definitely (maybe the alternative time, which our planet is subject), but above all, would be free what had been tied up, or hidden, for five centuries. That's why we related Machu Picchu to the accident that were caused by filming the beer commercial, because it is the last Intihuatana (Sundial) that remains, which had not been touched by greed Spanish or insanity of its Catholics in search of objects of idolatry to destroy (the city of Machu Picchu was discovered only in 1911 by Hiram Bingham, an archaeologist of Yale University). The Spaniards never reached the citadel.

The broken Solar Clock struck the hour of the return of the Inca, bringing back the light and a new era of reconstruction ...

princesinhadiseda.blogspot.com...

Extra : For those who wish to visit Machu Picchu for free. Here, in 360. Don't forget to use the map at the right side of the photos.

www.mp360.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've always wanted to visit this place...sadly I doubt it will happen anytime soon due to the price of traveling there

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I expected that comment from someone soon, understandable. That's why I included that 360 tour, not the same....I know.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you, interesting reading

One more sign?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Your short comment was right on target, so far.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

ya the 360 tour does nothing to appease my interest lol...thx anyways

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Trueman, the coincidenced have all ready started. I used the megalith " where the sun is tied" in my book.
Epock Revelations free to read online just google.

I would rather go there than to the Pryramids or anywhere else on Earth. I read the Legend of Manchu Pichu when I was only a teenager. That story has stayed in my heart and never forgotten. Are you from Peru? I didn't even ask. What great things in Peru. F&S

Did you know it was alinged to the Draco star, Thurban, when it was the North Star.
edit on 5/27/2011 by coolottie because: forgot something

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Oh, one more thing it is 5th Sun and 5th Earth. The last time the Earth was almost destroyed was 4,974 years ago. The Hopi Indians in the US also say this is the 5th Sun and 5th Earth. My book is about the 7 Asteroids that hit the Earth in 2354 BC and shifted the Axis 23.7 degrees. NASA astronomers have located 4 of my impact sites. This is so amazing. Thanks for letting me know about the Thread.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I passed a big part of my life there. I will start reading your book as soon as I can. Thanks sister.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I read the first 3 chapters and it is all very interesting, have you finished more chapters and are they available on-line? I would love to read them all.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I had it completed and a Publisher, when the Gov. Confiscated it. I am trying to get my head back into it, but I can't tell the most important part or I will get in trouble again. The US Government made even the discussion of anything coming toward the Earth Classified, no matter what it is in April 2009 a month before I was released and don't even ask about that. LOL But you get the Picture.
edit on 5/27/2011 by coolottie because: forgot something

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Trueman, I found this while looking for something else. Thought I would post it here. It might be of interest to the subject of Peru and things about Manchu Pichu. You have a lovely day my brother. Talk at you tomorrow.

My theory about the Tied to the Sun, Before 2354 BC the Earth was on it's correct Axis and the Sun came up everyday in the same spot in the East, After the Axis Shift 23.7 degrees it moved back and forth across the sky. Equinox and Oquinox. [excuse my misspelling] They were afraid the Sun would go too far and not come back so they spiritually tied it to the Intihuatana, so it would not go too far.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes sister, I started to think this intihuatana was for the incas like SOHO for us today, giving more sense to the meaning of "tie the sun". The sun has the power to give life or take it in our solar system. Other cultures in the same area, but previous to the incas agreed. Tiahuanaco or Tiwanacu culture for example :

The most famous icon of the archaeological site at Tiahuanaco is the Sun Gate. This structure has been described as a "calendar" almost as long as the monolithic gateway has been known to exist; thus the Sun Gate has also been called 'the Calendar Gate'. This calendar sculpture, though it undoubtedly depicts a "solar year," cannot however be made to fit into the solar year as we divide it at present. The calendar has only 290 days, divided into 12 "twelfths" of 24 days each, plus 2 intercalary days.

Some researchers have attempted to explain this as being a ritualistic calendar while others have claimed that, 14,000 years ago, the length of a year was somehow different from today. Still others believe that it may represent a year on some another planet.

www.viewzone.com...

Maybe when the Earth moved from it's original position, the calendar got desynchronized. I also heard the tiahunaco sun gate was designed according to Venus, in acient times. Between contactees, is well know that many E.T. contacts in that area of the world are with people who time ago, were temporary living in Venus, probably Venus was different in that time too.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the Intihuatana is one of the more interesting items about Machu Piccu, and one I hope to see someday.

As I understand it, this is not the only one of these stones they found. There's one in the sun temple district of the archaeological site, Pisac (en.wikipedia.org...) and -- if memory serves -- at least two others.

Since the Incas did manage to keep some of their culture and traditions (and some was recorded by Spanish monks within a few years of the conquest), I am fairly certain that the "hitching post of the sun" and the rituals associated with "keeping the sun from wandering off" are the right interpretation. Rather than being "incredibly ancient", the site is actually only around 600 years old.

So it's ancient, but it's not THAT ancient. And the Incas themselves as a cultural group aren't that ancient, either (they go back to 1100 AD (not BC) and quickly expanded their empire... so they ended up as the largest military empire in South American for awhile. But they didn't rise until what was really the Dark Ages in Europe. )

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Right, other similar stones were found, some of them seems to be small obelisks, but very hard to confirm if those are also intihuatanas. Some people believe there were located in every "node" of the "Qapacňan", a network of roads connecting all inca's empire, kind of a navigation system.

www.kalipedia.com...

Thanks for the imput to the thread.

edit on 29-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join