It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Men's Room in McDonald's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I found this article and just can't believe it. but i guess it could be verified by members
that are in pennsylvania near route 81 north, or maybe even some one who works at Mcdonalds.
could this be yet another form of mind control by suggestion, maybe a little like the ads on tv where you
see a coke and then get thirsty. what do you think made up or possible

Just before Labor Day, my wife and I drove our car from New Mexico to Boston to spend time with our family. The ride took four days of horrible traffic and high gas prices.
Another problem associated with driving cross-country is the food. Just about every exit on all the major highways have a collection of greasy burger joints, motels and gas stations. The food is tempting when you have been sitting behind the wheel for hours, but it inevitably leaves you feeling ill and constipated.

By the time we got to Pennsylvania I had eaten my fill of burgers and, well, needed to find a clean place where I could sit down for a while and let nature take it's course.

On route 81 North we found a clean and modern looking super-McDonald's with a large travel center and good size restrooms. I avoided the burgers and went directly into the Men's Room and found a clean stall. It was evening so there was quite a bit of traffic in the restrooms, but I sat comfortably waiting for time and nature to pass.

While I sat there I noticed some background music -- a subtle series of pleasant sounding chimes that played a non-descript tune, over and over. I also heard a man's voice, very quietly repeating something in the background of the music. When the restroom was quiet I could hear the voice saying, in a relaxed but confident manner, "You've had a tough day today... but you got through it."

For almost ten minutes I heard this mantra repeated over and over until I finally finished my business and was at the sink washing my hands. Another gentlemen was there already combing his hair and a second man came from one of the stalls to wash his hands.

"Geez," the man combing his hair said, "I'm glad today is over. I've had a really tough day." I said nothing.

Just then the man washing his hands spoke, "Oh well, you got through it. That's all that really matters."

I tried to explain the irony of this to my wife, but she was just angry that I had taken so long. It was a tough day.

--Barry Kusik

viewzone2.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by mkkkay because: Sorry wrong link don't know why lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That made me laugh.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sounds pretty creepy, although it seems like an OK message to someone who needs to use the "restroom".

It doesn't really make sense to me, though..

Where's the link to the source?

Are you advertising?! Oh noes..

edit on 27-5-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
maybe it's to make you feel more at ease when making a log? that's strange if it's true lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

funny..lol..

wow,, i think i NEED some FRYs Right NOW!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This kind of subliminal messages have been in Muzak forever.

I used to install Muzak. You can hear the voices.

After a hard day of work, I had an incredible urge to go shopping.

I hate shopping...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Sorry link was wrong my bad

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I suddenly need to take a dump....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
At least they didn't go with something along the lines of:
"Try one of our hot fudge sundays... imagine the hot brown chocolate slowly dripping down... mmmmmmm..."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

You deserve it !
You've had a tough day !

Peace

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I suddenly need to take a dump....

Thats what i toth, is why i put it in skunk works
Maybe it's to suggest that we need a brake, or to make room for desert

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To the poster who commented on needing to vocate your bowels.

Same here, that article was strange, I feel an urge now to visit the toilet.

Be right back folks. The subliminal message here worked on me! Poo and then a macdonalds.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You know what this actually should be tested out.

Use an audio recording device of some sort like an mp3 player or smart phone.

Go into some place like Mc Donalds or Any other fast food joint and record the music
Do the same at grocery stores and other places that play background music.

Finally use a sound editing program like audacity to see if there are any subliminal messages hidden within the audio.

Good story.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lol, Mkkay, that made me chuckle, it was the politest description of someone taking a dump I've ever read. ....

However, it is an interesting thing that you mention; those words that are played out, then two people use those same words.

As much as we like to think we aren't that easily influenced by our surroundings, it proves how easily we can be manipulated.

Large retail stores pump out wafts of fresh smelling bread into buying it.

Have a look at Derran Brown. An amazing guy fro the UK who can clearly make lots of money from understanding the human mind and its weakness to outside influence. A poster on the wall, a sound you hear etc.....

www.metacafe.com...

How much are we controlled?

One link I can't find at the moment due to subliminal messages on the old vodka bottle, was about a lady in a toy store.
The store was HUGE. Derran Brown asked her to enter the store and look around all four floors and select one toy. After looking around the whole store he went upto her and asked her out of the thousands of toys which one she had picked and write it down on a piece of paper. She did. He then told her the toy she picked was a giraffe. Which matched what she had written on the piece of paper. Little did she know there was very subtle hints left all over the store making her pick the giraffe....

edit on 27-5-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
This kind of subliminal messages have been in Muzak forever.

I used to install Muzak. You can hear the voices.

After a hard day of work, I had an incredible urge to go shopping.

I hate shopping...

Thanks i never heard of Musak before so i went to look and lord behold there it was

musak

Also musaq. Music played in area's where a prospective customer may purchase a good or service. The mood of the music is made to "gently force them to drop their doubts" about purchase and co-erce them into buying (or spending more)

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I actually think the two guys were aware of that faint voice and were just makin' fun of it. That's why the second guy plays ball.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If they can use a subliminal in McDonald's and I recall they use to do it when you would food shop...why don't they use it in prisons to change the thinking of the inmates? My other thought totally off topic is why doesn't the vatican now use polygraphs when having folks join the seminary....I am all for subliminal messages as long as I know what it is for and what is said...I have used them in the past and I do think they work to some extent and regardless if it was a type of placebo effect who cares...I am not all for subliminal messages being played without my knowledge of it..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm.................

This scares me, No corp like Maccas is going to play self help tapes in their restrooms

My first thought was it was an advert you heard that was on very quietly but then you said it was repeating over and over.
Its either not from maccas i.e it belonged to the gas station or some other shop there or it was double layered subliminal advertising. You think you can faintly hear something but in fact subconciously your brain hears something else.

Either way stay out of that restroom in future LOL

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Either way stay out of that restroom in future LOL

The op or some one in the neighborhood need s to go get a recording of the music. Maybe even "relieve" themselves. I think this story should be broken wide open so that everyone is aware of this madness.

Brainwashed while taking a dump:
.... It looks like they really catch you with your pants down.

Screwing you and you do not even know it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Wow, I had a tough day, I deserve a poop.

Seriously, I will say, reading this thread makes me need to poopie.

Brb.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join