It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl fined for fighting back at masked man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How is it possible to go "too far" on an attacker? I just don't understand that concept, the man was trying to deliberately harm her with malicious intent. If anything she should get away with executing the guy curbside.

In my opinion anyone who attacks another person, unprovoked and senseless, surrendered his/her rights as a human being. Such people should be dealt with swiftly and mercilessly.

These stupid "lawful" decisions are seriously in need of evaluation.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

It's not a gun issue, friend. She clobbered him just fine without a weapon.

It's a ass-nuzzlingly retarded legal system issue that punished the victim for self-defense.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
This story is completely crazy...
I find it hard to believe...

I find it quite believable. They have lost their minds over there.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wait wait wait... Hold on... No charges were brought against the guy who tried to attack her, and she's given a fine for defending herself?
So if I move there and try to attack a girl at night while wearing a mask, I'll get away free while she gets charged with a crime?
Is there a certain point where she was expected to stop kicking him under such circumstances? "Oh, ok, you fell down on the ground, now we can all go home safe and happy and forget this ever happened"

I feel like I'm living in some kind of universe where god died and the strings holding reality together are fraying and coming apart.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Girl beats the crap out of MASKED man on her doorstep. Girl gets fined.

Wow, a highly liberal society sounds really fun...

Stuff like this, makes me not understand the far far left. Your utopian society is a paradise for crime. If I lived in the UK I can simply don my ski mask, start breaking into houses, and if I get caught, ill just let the home owner kick me a few times till the police show up. Then the homeowners will be dragged to jail!

MAJOR LOL.

On second thought, I heard police over there don't even carry guns. I could just pull out my AK, and start kicking doors down one by one, whos going to stop me? This sort of thing "Can't happen" in "paradise".
edit on 28-5-2011 by Mikeyy because: .

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Originally posted by metaldave
This story is completely crazy...
I find it hard to believe...

I find it quite believable. They have lost their minds over there.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

just wow. reading that, I have lost all respect I ever had for the UK. There government is pure fail.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I've been involved in a similar situation. Me and a group of friends were attacked but defended ourselves so well the police said there may be little point pressing charges. In the end, a couple of the scrotes did end up in court, but due to some REALLY REALLY REALLY important documents getting lost on the way to court they called the whole thing off. Really it's a shame anyone called the police, there are better ways of dealing with this sort of thing!

Legal systems just aren't designed to keep bad people away from good people, or punish them, or rehabilitate them, these are just occasional by-products of a business model designed by lawyers and enforced by.. well lets not go there, not all cops are bad. Either way, somebodies daddy was probably a Freemason.

reply to post by Mikeyy

Discribing the UK as 'far far left' just shows you don't live here and don't have a clue about anything in general. I guess it's not your fault really as the true meanings of right and left politics have been distorted so much but you could at least stay on topic rather than trying to stir fry this into a fox news report. The British Legal system is an absolute joke, I advise you to look at which political parties have been in charge as it crumbled. (here's a hint, they pretty much take turns at destroying the country, just like in the USA.)

EDIT - Here is a graph GRAPH
edit on 28-5-2011 by March of the Fire Ants because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Among many disturbing things about this case, one thing disturbs me probably the most.

This incident happened in August. Who walks around with any sort of balaclava on their person during the summer? Even in northerly Scotland, I doubt it's cold enough to need one in August?

The newspaper article said it was a para-military style balaclava. I've just done a quick google search to see what they look like. I have to say they are significantly different to the one my friend uses to keep warm in winter.

The article doesn't make it clear if he went home to fetch the mask specifically to use whilst attacking his victim, or if he had it on him from the start of his night out.

Since he was injured there must have been ample opportunity to collect a sample of his dna. I wonder if anyone thought of doing this and running it through the dna database?

Who knows if he might have been linked to previous attacks on young women. If I have just made an unfair accusation against him..... well, tough. What can he expect after this despicable attack?

I noticed, too that no photograph of him was included in the article. A pity. I believe I've read newspaper articles before where the victim's photograph has been included. I don't think he could cry that it would be a violation of his rights if someone found and printed his picture - even if it wasn't the usual thing to do.

Oh wait, he was prepared to attack a young woman and then cry 'foul' when she defended herself. What a piece of work.

I've nothing but admiration for his victim but I feel very sorry for her. This wretched excuse for a human being knows where she lives. What if he decides to retaliate against the kicking she gave him? Let's hope that if he tries again she can judge exactly how far to go in defending herself

edit on 28-5-2011 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thhe is is not unusual in the UK!

A young girl, aged 15, in a local high school was stopped in the school corridor by three boys who tried to strip her clothes of her and sexually assault her. She fought back and broke the nose of one of her attackers. The Police, of course were called to the school. The girl admitted fighting back to defend herself and hence breaking the nose of one of her attackers. Do bear in mind here that this was a sexual assault and something that had been going on at the school and covered over, and for all we know still being covered over.

The three attackers all claimed that they had done nothing, despite the girls ripped clothes. But of course there were three of them and only one girl. In the end the girl was charged with assault by the police and now has a criminal record and wrecked life while the three boys who attacked her walked free to continue their ways without consequence!

British justice at its best! Police operating at its genius level!
edit on 28-5-2011 by Elliot because: (no reason given)[/editby

I forgot to mention that when I heard of this case from the girls father the schools governors were meeting the week after to decide whether to permanently exclude the girl from school. I never found out the outcome.

My own opinion is that people in charge like to hear the gory details of an awful sexual assault and what the victim suffered instead they get to hear of someone defending themselves and so don't get a cheap sexual thrill. However, I hope that is not true. A person must ALWAYS fight back and defend themselves no matter what the consequences from fools in fancy dress!
edit on 28-5-2011 by Elliot because: more info
extra DIV

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Nothing too unusual about this except the girl luckily didn't get physically harmed, and thank god for that. Good for her and shame on the judge who should be sacked immediately.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Crime is a lot like a chess game. They make the first move, its up to you to make the other.
When your faced with life and death decisions there and then you don't think about the future, your thinking self-defense and how to stop some idiot harming you (for whatever reason) and to punish someone for doing so cannot be justified whatsoever other than to prove the UK court of law is just a money making scheme.

Faced in a similar situation I would happily kick 10 bells, beat, stab, bite, use anything in my power to make sure that person/s wouldn't be laying another finger on me again for my own protection. I didn't ask to be put in that position afterall and I sure as hell didn't premeditate their actions that second. THEY make that choice to attack me, THEY should face the consequences for doing so. No law on earth should stand in the way of that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First day of Krav Maga training about four years ago, my instructor warned us: "First we'll learn control and limits, because the law in this country will often protect the assailant." Smart man. We were also told to discard weapons we take from attackers as quickly as possible. Down storm drains etc.

Things have only got worse. Check this story out if you're not angry enough already.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It seems criminals nowadays got more rights than the honest people.

In The Netherlands we even have a foundation for the protection of criminals.

I never understood why the government has so much more exclusive rights, why can't we protect our property/selves with the same amount of force the government does?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You'd be amazed how often this happens in the UK. One of my Karate students battered the hell out of a convicted rapist when he jumped her and she ended up doing time because she made such a mess of him. When I rule the world, beating the hell out of scum-bags will be seen as each individuals duty; especially if they are sex offenders.

Rev

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i say take up arms and take your balls back

go to the homes of the judge

go to the homes of the cops

go to the homes of the lawmakers

drag them out of their residents and kill them for killing you and your right to live
edit on 28-5-2011 by TheDevilOfLies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

Is there any more info on this, theres some facts missing here somewhere.

It's a tabloid news story. Of course there are facts missing

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
She should be awarded not punished. The attacker will think twice about attacking women in the future. If I could I would pay the fine for her.

The worst of it is if he had raped or killed her he would have been unlucky to serve 5 years in jail.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That fine will teach people to try to prevent themselves from getting raped...
edit on 28-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Another epic fail for the UK. First allowing Sharia law to supercede their own laws, now this. The collapse is complete.

I know it will never happen, but I believe the best justice for all involved in prosecuting this girl would be for them to go to prison themselves and gang raped.

And when they complain, the Warden looks at them and says, "So what?, That's what happens here". And returns them to the general population.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

she went too far by continuing to kick her attacker on the head even after he was knocked unconscious.

'nuff said.

Just because one person breaks the law does not mean that you have the right to do likewise. It's what separates us from them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join