It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is having a machine sign bills for him...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That's right..CNN is about to have a story about this. Turn to CNN now.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't see the big deal with this...this has been done since Nixon was president...very minimal post by the way

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Probably cause it takes him like 10 try's to find a pen that works...if you've ever seen him sign a bill you'll see what i'm talking about.

It's rather embarrassing to see our government not able to give the man in charge a fricken pen that works.
edit on 27-5-2011 by kro32 because: added more

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Watching cnn right now and yes i saw that too.

Don't see what the problem is, Its just duplicating his signature as a digital tablet does when signing for a package.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I guess it could be a serious problem if the machine is not made in the US. Could invalidate the signature.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
But doesn't that interferer with the fact that then since they judged the president doesn't have to sign a bill but only his signature has to be on it. It is just plain BS anyone could do it then like high up officials who want something done.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
With tornadoes destroying homes and killing hundreds of his people......he travels Europe! Something wrong with that picture!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So a machine replaced the good old stamp...

How much? And where can I get one?

Really, much ado about nothing. That poor man has to sign more documents every day than most will sign in there life.

Edit to add:

For those worried about security...profesionals (lawyers, doctors, engineers,etc.) have been required to use seals for certain documents going back...I don't know...100+ years or so. They are easily duplicated and hard to control, yet very few occurences of false seal stamping.

I imagine this will be no different.
edit on 27-5-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, was the machine born in the US?

~

link   
What's the big deal? A bit of history on the autopen:

The first autopens were developed by an Englishman named John Isaac Hawkins. Hawkins received a United States patent for his device in 1803. In 1804, Thomas Jefferson began using the device extensively.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
With tornadoes destroying homes and killing hundreds of his people......he travels Europe! Something wrong with that picture!!!!!!!

What's wrong with it? This meeting is one of his most imporant and there's not much he can do in tornado alley that he couldn't do from europe.

He does have a trip scheduled to this area when he returns also so relax. Also this meeting was planned a long time ago.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Lol, you get a star for that!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Exactly....when our country was invaded...did washington Run ? I know he wasn't president until after but still he was our leader and lead by example on his frickin horse in the middle of the battle getting shot at with real bullets putting his actual life at risk...

That is a man I want to lead the country I am born in......Not somebody who is too lazy to do his job ( look over and sign the bill himself ) THAT IS PART OF HIS JOB !!!!

What are we going to have a computer run our country now ? Frick !

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He has to have a machine do it, the man can't give a speech without a teleprompter. Not to mention the traveling, golf games and pickup basketball. So much for a transparent presendicy

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So what? Many presidents have used that....

Is it wrong for Obama to do the same?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
What's the big deal? A bit of history on the autopen:

The first autopens were developed by an Englishman named John Isaac Hawkins. Hawkins received a United States patent for his device in 1803. In 1804, Thomas Jefferson began using the device extensively.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 27-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

hmmm..i take back part of my argument....thank you for bringing facts...

Still doesn't look good when hundreds of our people die and he leaves our country and nobody offers federal aid to help them ?

Yet The Middle eas gets 20Billion of our money.......and this country gets 500 million and that country gets 2 billion.

WHAT ABOUT US !!!!! Where is our 30 Billion dollars for our econ.

Why not give us 20 billion to help with those without jobs...

O wait....that would even out the money and make the rich less rich compared to everyone else...

Now I get it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
He has to have a machine do it, the man can't give a speech without a teleprompter. Not to mention the traveling, golf games and pickup basketball. So much for a transparent presendicy

Huh?What does his having a machine that signs his name have to do wit the transparency of his presidency?

Are you even aware that MANY presidents have used such a machine ( commonly called an autopen) to sign their name for them?

Are you under the impression that Obama was the only one to ever use a teleprompter?

If so, you are very ignorant on the subject....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If Obama had flown home, to sign the bills by hand
maybe he would have had to watch his wife and kids get molested by the TSA
which is what the bill he just signed was all about

wait a minute

IF he needs a teleprompter to talk
maybe he needs one signprompter to keep his name straight?

after all the last thing he signed he signed 2008 along side his siggy
edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
actually sitting down to sign a document cuts into his nicotine fix habit...
besides he can't hold a pen and a cigarette in the same hand... so the pen had to go

i swear he's a remix of the late Sammy Davis.... all nervous, twitchy, spastic, wired

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Stop the presses!!!! ...........WTF cares? Are you that hate filled you find even the most mundane of things treasonous and worthy of threading? Come on. Care about his signing of the horrible Patriot Act extension -- that's the news, not the technology employed to sign the godda**d thing.
edit on 27-5-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join