It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO (Texas) May 12, 2011 - Can't imagine what it could possibly be...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The anomaly in the picture can be anything, however I do believe something was caught. It looks like it was moving whatever it is. The Mulder in me wants to believe its a UFO or something of the sort but the Scully in me is saying that it could be a raindrop or a bug. Whatever it is it is odd.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It really does LOOK like a reflection of a light source through a window, but you said the picture wasn't taken through a window, and honestly, there is nothing else in the picture hinting that it was shot through the window, so I'll have to take your word for it
... My next best guess would be some kind of natural lightning-phenomena (like prior posters have suggested, ball lightning, etc.. I've seen lightning do some crazy stuff when I lived in South Florida). It definitely looks like some sort of light source, and it does not appear to be a solid object, nor connected to one.

I'm not sure if you already touched on this or not (sorry if I missed it) but when your wife saw it, was she watching it through the viewfinder on the phone, or did she actually "physically" see it, and if she did actually physically see it, are there any details about the object she noticed that wouldn't be evident in the photo?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Contrary to what you say it seems to me that more UFO's are glowing spheres nowadays. There's no requirement that a UFO look like anything in particular.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It's a total glare/reflection.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
So you are hinting UFO, eh?

Let's compile the evidence, and see if we can reach an accurate answer to this question.

• 1: First 3 letters of the thread title = [color=DeepSkyBlue]'UFO'
  • 2: Neither the OP, nor his wife, know exactly what it is = [color=DeepSkyBlue]Unidentified
  • 3: Only thing visible behind = Clouds = Not on the ground - Could be [color=DeepSkyBlue]Flying, or [color=DeepSkyBlue]Falling
  • 4: It is more than nothing = It is something - Might just be an [color=DeepSkyBlue]Object

Conclusion= No hinting required. It is clearly stated.

Am I hitting anyone's logic nodes here?
    The only way this could be possible, would be if you had used some sort of logic within your comment. You disregarded all logical thought, and exchanged it for 100% assumption.

Well, sadly to say, most UFOs are not glowing spheres. Producing illumination requires lots of extra energy, and sorry, by nature, UFOs don't produce extra light. Any spaceship with interstellar traveling capabilities saves energy in anyway it can. To produce a sphere glowing brightly in the storm, meh, it would have to activate all it's external floodlights.
    Sorry, but by nature, UFO's do not produce anything, and are capable of nothing, because what they are is unknown.

Such a waste of energy.
    At least the post was not a total fail. You hit the nail on the head with this one.

edit on 5/28/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
    link   
    The hail that fell in my part of Texas that night was about that size ha

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
    link   
    Hi OP. I found a very cool video of ball lightning that reminds me of this photo. Wondered if it might help your wife's nerves.

No idea what this is - it is a VERY interesting photo. Kudos to her for catching it!

Ball Lightning on YouTube

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
    link   
    I think it is ball lightning too. I am certainly no expert on the subject.

I grabbed your photo to enlarge and inverted the light. In doing so I do see motion going from left to right.

Hope this helps you in trying to calm her fears.

Rhain

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
    link   
    reply to post by gortex

Hello keyseeker,

I don't know if its original, I downloaded the picture to my desktop. Any information requested will be provided, as long as someone can give me the steps.

Or do you know of a way to get the original uploaded?

Or is it the one in my profile album?

Don't worry about hurtin my feelins, I been around these woods a while. I was prepared for the gamut of responses.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
    link   
    reply to post by MiTS1965

There was some lightning, but it was very moderate. Maybe 3 strikes the 12-15 minutes we were out there. 3 would be counting the ball lightning, if thats what it was. The squall line was just then approaching, but it wasn't a severe storm. Been through plenty my 12 odd years in Florida.

There was no thunder clap or electric 'sizzling' sound from my vantage point at the rear. No discernable flare or flash from the back of the house either.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Xandyr101

And thats the feeling, in a nutshell, that I got from the photo. It just looks....odd.

Thanks for the comments.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Druid42

Just to clarify, kind sir, I do not claim this is an interstellar, interdimensional or whatever kind of piloted or unpiloted craft.

Although it would be COOL, wouldn't it!!

My only ballpark guess would be ball lightning, but, I don't know. Hence, Unidentified. There just isn't enough data that I can find to classify this as ball lightning. Or anything else for that matter.

Good day sir, never give up the quest for truth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Syyth007

I'm not sure if you already touched on this or not (sorry if I missed it) but when your wife saw it, was she watching it through the viewfinder on the phone, or did she actually "physically" see it, and if she did actually physically see it, are there any details about the object she noticed that wouldn't be evident in the photo?

Yes, she says she did physically see it. She lined up the shot through the lcd screen, then as she pressed the shutter, she looked up to see. She was very exited, yelling for me to come. In those few moments immediately after, I clearly remember her saying it was 'huge', 'it was so big' and 'it moved so fast, into the clouds'.

She did not say anything about sound (or maybe i dont remember, I honestly thought the Sun). But I will ask her when she gets back from shopping, just to clarify.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
    link   
    It may sound silly, but I think that if your wife "felt" like it was something alien, in all senses of the word, it very well may have been. Obviously we would really need a time machine at this point, or a lab, but there is a very definite feeling that overcomes you when you've seen something not of this world. Like when natives saw ships for the first time, they described an intuitive feeling of "raw discovery" a completely new belief.

Edit: As opposed to anything military maybe.

Anywhoo, I think your wife is your best piece of evidence. I think if she did see one, was in the presence of it, she will start to see more. Did you ever read The Giver? UFO sightings in general remind me a lot of that book.

Is your wife shaken by this?

edit on 28-5-2011 by Keela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
    link   
    reply to post by mnmcandiez

It's a total glare/reflection.

From or off of ............??? Doesn't look like something metallic.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
    reply to post by MiTS1965

There was some lightning, but it was very moderate. Maybe 3 strikes the 12-15 minutes we were out there. 3 would be counting the ball lightning, if thats what it was. The squall line was just then approaching, but it wasn't a severe storm. Been through plenty my 12 odd years in Florida.

There was no thunder clap or electric 'sizzling' sound from my vantage point at the rear. No discernable flare or flash from the back of the house either.

I'm fascinated by your report. I have no reason to believe you aren't telling the full truth.

I honestly think you should submit your wife's photo to whatever national meteorogical agency you have in the USA for further analysis.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Rexamus

HA, hope you parked in the garage!!

Hasn't rained here more than in inch since about august. Its like the desert here, ground baked dry.

At least all the weeds are dying!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
    link   

So you are hinting UFO, eh? The sun wasn't at that spot, eh?

Well, sadly to say, most UFOs are not glowing spheres. Producing illumination requires lots of extra energy, and sorry, by nature, UFOs don't produce extra light. Any spaceship with interstellar traveling capabilities saves energy in anyway it can. To produce a sphere glowing brightly in the storm, meh, it would have to activate all it's external floodlights. Such a waste of energy.

Am I hitting anyone's logic nodes here?

Is that discounting any possibility of a free energy fueled craft?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ErEhWoN

Interesting picture. I tried to get the EXIF data but couldn't get it. Is this the original?

If you could PM me the original, the EXIF might help.

So far, I don't have a clue as what it could be...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Keela

Hello healer,

She is not now, but was at the time, well I don't know if I would use shaken. But then again, maybe she would.

She has relayed to me several spiritual 'incidents' that have happened to her. She also shared with me an instance of sphere following the car she was in while a young girl in Puerto Rico, where she was born.

Very intuitive words you write, you seem to have wisdom and peace.

I never seen or had any type of experience, but I do not beleive - or disbelieve. I know there are things in this universe that are hard to comprehend (maybe even beyond comprehension). I felt bad for her because she had this excitement about this event that has happened to her, but it seems our society is not geared to acknowledge stange phenomena that appear in our skies. Wether biologic, technologic or spiritualistic, holographic, whatever it is...... it just has an odd look to it.

I told her it was her Granpa that recently passed, checking up on her.

Thanks for your incitful words. Havent read the book, but will put it on my list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join