It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO (Texas) May 12, 2011 - Can't imagine what it could possibly be...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

No, and I am not claiming to know how to read it, but tinkering with it, CG images usually appear white while real images have no white. But, again, I am no forensic analyst, just a dude lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

The color is close, but that picture has detail within the anomaly. If you could zoom in the photo, it is like a perfect, detailess sphere.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Good question, and its hard for here to answer. Her best guess would be the size of a full moon. I remember her saying "It was HUGE!". I wish I would have came to the front, but I just picked the wrong door.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by ErEhWoN

just did a quick google

this ones pretty close

...not really....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Looks like a window glare to me. At the top left-hand corner, looks like a white frame....Possibly a window seal.
In conclusion, I would say that that ball of light is not intelligently controlled.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by ErEhWoN

just did a quick google

this ones pretty close

...not really....

the colours are almost identical. It would have to be much closer. proboably right infront of the camera way out of the focus range.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

The frame in the left corner is a small cover over the front door, supposed to stop the rain, but fails miserably.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
At second glance, there seems to be some kind of motion blur like its moving to the right. I am not going to go out there and say its moving, but it looks in motion imo.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

You are correct. She said it was moving in that direction and disappeared into the clouds.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

wow 2 guesses for 2, I should go buy a lotto ticket >.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So you are hinting UFO, eh? The sun wasn't at that spot, eh?

Well, sadly to say, most UFOs are not glowing spheres. Producing illumination requires lots of extra energy, and sorry, by nature, UFOs don't produce extra light. Any spaceship with interstellar traveling capabilities saves energy in anyway it can. To produce a sphere glowing brightly in the storm, meh, it would have to activate all it's external floodlights. Such a waste of energy.

Am I hitting anyone's logic nodes here?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Well, sadly to say, most UFOs are not glowing spheres. Producing illumination requires lots of extra energy, and sorry, by nature, UFOs don't produce extra light. Any spaceship with interstellar traveling capabilities saves energy in anyway it can. To produce a sphere glowing brightly in the storm, meh, it would have to activate all it's external floodlights. Such a waste of energy.

Logic node...no...but I am starting to wonder if you have flown one of these crafts. Your vast knowledge of how they operate and conserve energy (what kind?) is astonishing! Activate all of it's external flood lights? Is that what they have...flood lights?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
OP --

As you said in your opening post, maybe it was ball lightning -- although ball lightning doesn't necessarily move so fast. Then again, so little is known about ball lightning that perhaps there are some instances that it could move that quickly.

edit on 5/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

...Well, sadly to say, most UFOs are not glowing spheres. Producing illumination requires lots of extra energy, and sorry, by nature, UFOs don't produce extra light. Any spaceship with interstellar traveling capabilities saves energy in anyway it can. To produce a sphere glowing brightly in the storm, meh, it would have to activate all it's external floodlights. Such a waste of energy...

Playing devils advocate here, and assuming alien interstellar spacecraft exist, perhaps the glow is a necessary by-product of the propulsion system.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I agree, so little is known and there is scant infromation or pictures of ball lightning. Its almost an urban legend.

I spent a few days looking at this picture, zooming in and out. Its just so odd, it appears like a perfect sphere of luminescent fog.

If not ball lightning, I would guess an out of focus bug caught in the flash. But comparing this to pictures of bugs caught in the flash, and they don't look similar.

And to here the excitment/anxiety in her voice, didn't seem like a bug. She said it was so big. Maybe a mystery for the ages.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I love how people say a glowing ball cant be an ETV (Extraterrestrial Vehicle, trying to replace UFO with that to distinguish between the two)

We dont know what their systems are capable of, for example an alien could say, "That isn't a human car, look theres black smoke coming out the back of it, they would need to conserve that energy!" Their tech is a mystery, we cant know how any of it works, nor should we proclaim such.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

wow you must have seen and been in a lot of ufo's your a real expert aren't you so how many alien engineers is it you know to have such a knowledge of alien craft i mean with all that technology they still use the good old flood light am i hitiing anyones this guys a jackass node

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
and another thing considering free reusable energy exists and its of et origin why would energy conservation matter to them considering the distance they might have just travelled getting here unless british gas are supplying them then there's your answer for energy conservation

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think your wife might just actually have caught an image of ball lightning.

Was there any electrical activity associated with the storm clouds?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Is this the original image or have you edited it in some way ?
I have put it through an EXIF viewer but can get little or no data on the image , if this is not the original could you please upload it .
Maybe someone with more experience with EXIF could have a look .

I'm not saying you've faked the picture , just curious

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join