It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO (Texas) May 12, 2011 - Can't imagine what it could possibly be...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
On Thursday a strong storm front was approaching from the Northwest, it was about 1 in the afternoon. My wife saw the storm clouds and hollard at me to come down and take a look. I went down and out back to see, and told her to take some pics. She went up and got the camera, then went out the fromt door to snap a picture of the spectacular storm clouds.

Little did she know she know what a picture it would be of. She framed the clouds on the LCD screen, then simotaneously looked up and snapped the photo....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f96d4f0db3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

She starting screaming and yelling, making a fuss for me to hurry and come see her picture. After explaining to her I was seeing the same clouds, I came over and see this picture.

My first honest gut reaction was 'might be the sun, poking through the clouds'. But looking at the pic, I could clearly see it was under the clouds. Then she told me she saw it with her own eyes. Says it moved so fast as to be almost inperceptable, almost like a subliminal visual, instead of audio. There is an apparent motion to the object, from left to right in the photo. She said it was huge, and dissappeared into the storm clouds.

She was visably shaken by this, scared. It spooked her. I couldn't help but think maybe it was the sun somehow, an optical illusion making look suspended under the clouds. But I looked up the position of the sun at that time of the day, not near the position of the photo. This was confirmed the next cloudless day by just looking up. The sun at that time is almost directly over head. Not the sun. This was too close to the horizon.

I was thinking bug, but she says she saw it, it was huge and went INTO the clouds.

My only other guess would be ball lightning, but I guess in my mind, I thought it would be more luminous or glowing.

Anyone have any better ideas of what this could be?
I've scoured the net looking for some similar image, but no luck.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow it's um...another.....hmm....oh yea...another bright light in the sky...thanks

sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Were you filming through a window ?

Sometimes my camera makes a similar artifact.

Not saying that is what it is.

Just Saying...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Wow it's um...another.....hmm....oh yea...another bright light in the sky...thanks

sigh

Wow...you nailed that one...care to share how you came to such a scientific conclusion?

Now really, I would like to hear what this is!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Well, it would be rather odd to see this bright light, almost perfect sphere of light appear to you under the gathering clouds of an approaching storm.

I didn't see it, but it is odd, out of place. And your missing the context of the reaction of the person who shot the photo.

The bad thing is seeing peoples reaction to unknown phenomena, myself included. My first reaction was to rationalize.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Funny thing is, I think that was the first thing I asked her.

But no, it was from outside the front door. Kinda wish there was a window. There would be an explanation to give her. One of her Facebook freinds suggested a forming tornado.........sigh.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
maybe you caught a picture of a single raindrop !

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

When your wife said "Big",

Did she put it in context ?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think she caught the bottom section of a craft too, its shown in the top right of the pic.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Was a flash used? Can you verify if it was in an auto setting, on, or off at the time? Someone above mentioned a single raindrop, and I have seen droplets light up pretty well when a flash is used. But, this really wouldn't explain the left to right motion it has. Good picture though, thanks!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
out of focus mosquito? was flash used?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I put it into a Forensic Analysis and this is WHAT I GOT there is no white around the sphere, but there is a box, but i think only white means touch up, so its clear of white.

and to the person who said they think they caught the bottom of the craft, most liekly their rain gutters or overhang. the picture wasnt the silver, but the sphere.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Yes, the flash was used. The rain had not come in force yet, just a few scattered drops. It you zoom in to the pic, you can see a few drops.

Actually, if you zoom way in, you can see a few anomolies, but I don't know how to post a zoom photo. The photo is larger in my profile however.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You only have 3 choices...It has to be either " This, That, or The Other"...I can guarantee it...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yes flash was used, but comparing hundreds of bug photos, orb photos, ball lightning, I honestly can't find somthing that was similar in size, shape or apparent motion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Yes you are correct, that is the small fromt overhang over the front door in the extreme left top corner. Useless thing, its so small it wouldn't keep a fly dry.

I am not familiar with that program, does it show more detail?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Its clearly reflection from the window, as your wife was standing behind it. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

You only have 3 choices...It has to be either " This, That, or The Other"...I can guarantee it...

HA! You have come to the same conclusion I have! My guess would be all three!

I appreciate your sense of humor, thank you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

just did a quick google

this ones pretty close

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

Now that would be MIRACULOUS. And surley a sign of the end times. If she got a reflection from window from the front of the house, capturing a tree top you cant see from inside, I would be truley amazed.

Unfortunatly it just some weird phenomenon that will never probably be understood, and will likely remain without an explanation.

I surprised no one mentioned swamp gas yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join