It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stonehenge Under Lake Michigan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm really not seeing a stonehenge in this. This looks like it could be a natural formation to me. It would be pretty interesting if it were something like that though.
edit on 28-5-2011 by JimmyJames66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
So this story goes back at least four years, but we havent hard anything about the 'verification' they were supposed to do?

I was thinking the exact same thing. The water is not that deep- it certainly could have been examined by now. I wonder what they found? Was it nothing more than rocks?

I did a bit of rudimentary googling on it, but could find no updated references.

I;m not sure why the OP's website was 'new' news, as it's just a re-post of a four year old story.

Ca anyone else find an update on this?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Awesome Find! Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to any new information about this site.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
it isn't a henge but it is a stone alignment !

very similar to stone avenues in old Europe just amazing !! this would be far older than the European ones though

just wow!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just a thought but do any of the other rocks look like any star clusters??

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
related thread:

Rock formations at bottom of Lake Huron show signs of pre-historic hunters

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow, that lake is like 20 hours away and ive only ever been to it like twice on my way to windsor going through the states, it's pretty cool to know that they have that down there... wow nice find OP

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It isn't all too surprising. You have to remember a Caucasoid people inhabited North America first(and an Aborigine like people occupied South America first) until a combination of natural disaster + the arrival of the warlike, savage "natives" who wiped them out down to the last man, woman and child.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Navy or Coast Guard decides to test depth charges in Lake Michigan. It would fit the Federal Governments MO with finds like this.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm skeptical, the photos at the link look like random scratches on a rock rather than artwork depicting a mastadon. It looks like they're grasping to present a big name-making discovery rather than looking at the evidence objectively.
edit on 31-5-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm unwilling to make a judgment call about this until I know how this image is reconstructed from "sonar-like" data. Who knows what's artifactual and what isn't? We need more information. Some of this image wouldn't jive with my knowledge of sonic imaging... for example, behind the dense objects there's a finite length shadow which should extend to the borders I would think. And Lord knows what's up with the dark circle in the center.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
the fact that this was first reported some 5 years ago makes me think nothing came of this. Otherwise, there would be om kind of update.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hmmm I have never been diving but I dont get the impression these are un-natural for an underwater formation. If this is indeed old news then I will just go with a natural formation until any evidence otherwise is brought up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't see anything of importance, just debris and abnormal blobs on a circular radarish thingamagig... where is the underwater photography?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
wow stone henge stolen from the uk and dumped in a lake in us ? looks like a scattering of stones to me , no order or pattern. it would be interesting to know the topography of the lake were these rocks were found i would imagine that they are near a ledge of some sort . i do some times wonder why the us gets so excited by its own history[ or lack of it i suppose ]then i remember they got rid of it

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

If you read some of the links you would of read that they also found some hunting bluffs under the water. It is fact that the area in question was no below the water before the flood.

Henges were used around the world for various reasons by us.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Archaeologists discovered something even more interesting than they were credited with digging for shipwrecks beneath the waters of Lake Michigan: they unearthed a rock with a prehistoric mastodon carving, as well as a series of stones set in a Stonehenge-like fashion.

9,000-Year-Old Stonehenge Structure Was Recently Discovered Under Lake Michigan

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you check Josh Gates did a special on this on a Expedition Unknown show and he went down with a diver and they showed this rock with the carving.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
reply to post by da pickles

If you read some of the links you would of read that they also found some hunting bluffs under the water. It is fact that the area in question was no below the water before the flood.

Henges were used around the world for various reasons by us.

just shows more of how nature works. water levels, including ocean levels drastically change. while this proves the great lakes were at one time a lot lower than they currently are. we also know from science, that the currant great lakes are also a lot lower now, then they have been in the past. when even all of Toronto, and the GTA were actually underwater with a shoreline over 50km (31 miles), away from the currant Toronto, Lake Ontario shoreline. where even the CN tower pretty much would have been underwater at that time.

on a canoe trip in northern Ontario when i was a kid, we found petroglyphs painted on a cliff face forming that edge of the lake, that continued at least several feet under the water level. which shows that over an unknown amount of time the water levels had risen.

yet in most areas the water levels have been dropping significantly for decades. with in many cases logging infrastructure that would have been IN the water being high and dry, often yards even from the currant shoreline. on a trip i did with my father, that he did as a boy-scout, when he was a teen, logging chutes they had used to go from one lake to another and obviously being in the water, were then several feet above the waterline when we went. on another camp trip, we did a trip that had not been done in 40 years. we had the old maps, trip journals, and even talked to the old, retired head of the camp to talk to, who had been a leader on that last trip. the reason they had stopped doing that trip was because of the logging. specifically as they came around a bent in the river, a log jam right in front of them was blown up, with no warning. meanwhile 40 years later, in many parts of that raging river used to float millions of logs, we didn't even have enough water to canoe in. you could even see where the old water levels and shorelines had been. several feet higher, and even 20 or more feet to either side away from the currant "stream". and just guess where all that water went? right into the St Laurence river, and into the ocean. all just part of the natural water cycle.

posted on Nov, 23 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Call a dive shop near Travers City they will tell you what it really is. $$$$$

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join