It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stonehenge Under Lake Michigan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Interesting article, i am surprised being older news i hadnt heard of this untill now, thanks for sharing

I have a question in regard to the sonar image though. Is the image you posted some type of recreation? I only ask because i doesnt look like any sonar image i have seen and has a lot of detail.

More importantly it appears that there is some light source at the center of the formation and is making the boulders cast a shadow??

If this was a sonar image that would not be visible and even if there is a light source down.... what is it??

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its DOES look like a photo doesnt it?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Predator0187

dictionary.reference.com...

Henge

–noun Archaeology .
a Neolithic monument of the British Isles, consisting of a circular area enclosed by a bank and ditch and often containing additional features including one or more circles of upright stone or wood pillars: probably used for ritual purposes or for marking astronomical events, as solstices and equinoxes.

Stonehenge under lake Michigan? No
No bank, no ditch and definitely no circles of upright stones.
edit on 28-5-2011 by rykc27 because: to add

edit on 28-5-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I know they would not do this, but it would be really neat if they could sink piers into the water block off the area, and drain the water inside to get a real look at what they found. Cool Post!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very interesting find thank you for posting

I would like to know what type of equipment they used to get those images I have never seen sonar look like that.
If any one knows do chime in.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The stonehenge suposed to be arranged in a circular positions. The sonar mapping doesn't look it

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Since when does sonar pick up shadows? Pretty sure they don't.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Finally some good news coming out of michigan.
nice find

As a Michigan resident, I'll tell you to watch your mouth. You trash Michigan, and then you go outside to drive a car designed and manufactured in Michigan. Chrysler has paid back almost all of the bailout money and Ford never took any. Your own state likely has many problems to speak of. Why don't you stick to trashing it?
edit on 28-5-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by saycheese
reply to post by highfreq

Not trying to be negative but if this is a scan from a depth of 40 feet then these stones are tiny

Unless somone can shed light on this !!

I agree! That pic makes it look like they are much deeper than 40 ft. Hell me and a few friends could make something that small over a summer in a lake if that picture is to scale

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wowsa! I am also only a couple hours away from there. Wish I had the equipment to go in there and do some Scuba. Love that 'They' are always finding new evidence of 'Our' Mysterious past! Kool Post. Later, Syx.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Thanks for posting. I know, there is a lot of cool things they have been studying under the great lakes. They also, have huge salt mines, I suppose everyone, already knows that. There is also evidence of an ancient sea and fossilized animals. I believe, a massive ice sheet, is what carved out, the lakes and moved large rocks and boulders into place.

I think, there is much more to learn from that area. Very interesting place to say the least. Thanks again for the post, great find. I didn't know they found this type of rock formation. I think, there is more, going to come out in the near future. about the lakes, we didn't realize. S&F

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Mmm. So many ancient discoveries these days. I'm not sure about it. Blue beam - fake archeology comes to my mind.
I've found something similar few days ago but I'm not sure if it's worth it's own thread.
You can have a look here: TTBTS
Some huge underwater structures. Here's a pic:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

prety damn cool avatar.

Back on topic.
A remote controled submarine with a camera shouldn't be too expensive.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There are actually stonehenges in many locations around the world, including several different ones in Europe.

Of the ones setup in Europe, if you plot them on a map, you can draw a straight line through every single one.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you all go to www.beaverisland.net... there are other possible stonehenge sites in Michigan,, these thing are everywhere if you just search. Hopefully someday the secrets of exactly who, what and why will be answered for these sites of advanced mankind in the past.
edit on 28-5-2011 by gimpy327 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

This story does not suprise me considering that the area was not underwater thousands of years ago.
They have also found other ancient relics under michigan like this hunting bluff.

Since 2008, researchers from the University of Michigan have been using side-scan sonar and a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) to search two separate areas beneath Lake Huron for a total of 72 square miles in an area known as the Alpena-Amberley ridge. Some 9,000 years ago, water levels were lower and the ridge would have been a dry-land corridor that connected the northeastern Lower Peninsula with Ontario.

Those living between 10,000-7,500 B.C. could walk across the rocky, barren land bridge in the bitter-cold weather. Researchers believe the early hunters likely did exactly that, and so did their prey: caribou.
www.michigan.gov...

After the great flooding, America was left with sirvivors who were starting off like children again.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

This was in the news back in 2007 as well.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
j
edit on 28-5-2011 by aceto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I did find this picture of the carving, , supposedly from Chris Doyal

Also, it seems that the discovery was from the Grand Traverse Bay Underwater Preserve

Here is a video of the type of scan: Video link

Also, 40 ft down isn't very far. I did some 40+ foot dives in an old rock quarry this past weekend to look at some sunken boats and an airplane.

Take from these links what you will.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join