It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really want to know the future? REALLY?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks gimme_some_truth! That's a positive way to view this whole thread and reassuring that we have the power to change our future - I was hoping people would see it that way and by discussion find the solutions.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The whole of civilization is degrading. Zombie Apocalypse, where people can no longer tell right from wrong, they just do as they're told. When all the free-thinkers are gone, we are doomed

But, I'm in for the ride. I'm an eschatologist amongst other things, and I love this discourse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Absolutely, glad I could help out. Hey, I get lucky from time to time.

As I said, the future is not set and can be changed.

This is one reason I do not take predictions of the future, too seriously, by the way.

The future is what you make of it.... I guess is the point I am trying to get across.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That my friend is a question that's answer will vary with the person at hand. If you are asking my opinion I will say that freedom is just as dangerous as the means to control it. As much as we would like to think other wise, we are animals,wild at the heart of each and every one of us.If we were allowed to truly walk around and be free to do as we please,many would kill each other simply because it is in our nature to survive and gather what we feel we need by any means neccesary. On the other part of the question; The vary nature of any speicies desire to survive also works against being controlled,we are solitary by nature;though we communicate and seek out companionship does not erase that fact. Human beings are the most complex creatures when it comes to survival. We do things that are self damning,even when we know it is not for the good of anyone but the self, then we cry out for help from the very enities we wish to fight. There is no perfect balance in control and freedom based on this(my opinion) alone. We would have to become something entirely diffrent than what we are...a new homo-sapien mind set.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

this is funny i my thread i was saying i'm doing revolution, and some people ask me what do you propose to change the society, like people need all the time to be told what they should do, to sum up i said human now should take his responsabilty and lead his own path,a total new way of thinking, to not blame the others and in the same time keep enjoying the benefits...
if we have a problem with environement then stop using my car or or buy products which come from too far for exemple...we are free to change if we want, but as you say people are waiting to be drive... i said we are like cow and sheep the cop are the dog and the governement the shepherd and soon if we don't wake up we will be worse the cow and sheep.
edit on 27-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thanks for such a well written and detailed answer. Do you think that there is then no hope of developing a truly altruistic society beyond egoistic desires? If we don't or can't change, what does that say about our future prospects as human beings?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Hope...that is a word that is worth more in gold than anything on this earth! There is always hope. As I have said earlier, as a species humans are remarkable creatures, those same humans that murder and cause such unbeleivable sorrow have within them the ability to feel compassion. I have personaly seen the dregs of humanity do the most remarkably kind deeds. When all is lost and there is nothing left hope will come from the very neighbor you cursed the day before! It is strange indeed how one reacts when we are faced with the end at our very door,it is unfortunate that this occurs when there is nothing left to loose or gain.I beleive if we could react in such a way at all times we would neither need to be governed nor fear ourselves in freedom.Humanity is not lost, its just on the long path to its ultimate goal of evolution. I cant say for sure weither or not there will ever be a pangea of the mindset, that there will ever not be a moral corrupt society, but we can hope! The ability to change is there.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Odd, isn't it, how our greatest awareness of freedom and liberty should sometimes be found during our greatest experience confronting the depth of darkness? Hope? The pendulum on the clock swings back in forth in unceasing cycles of time and ultimately we all face the same destiny.

Could this be the secret to 2012, if you believe such a thing as has been foretold? Perhaps the darkness must grow until bonded together we are propelled as human beings into the light? All illusions shattered.

I begin to understand why you chose your signature - "All who wander are not lost".

Such profound insights you have my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join