It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten CNN Journalist Looking For "Secret Morgue" In Joplin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have to ask, how many of you that are saying that we don't need video/pics of the dead bodies are or were up in arms about the fact that Mr. Prez. wont show us the pics of Osama Bin Laden? How many of you enjoy a good horror movie and don't look away when someone gets killed? How many of you slow down to gawk at a car crash on the road?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
reply to post by Vitchilo

I live in Joplin I know where the temp morgue is. and there is no conspiracy here. they don't want camera crews in the morgue because frankly NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THE BODIES AND IN SOME CASES WHATS LEFT OF THE BODY AFTER THE TORNADO EXCEPT THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THEIR LOVED ONES ARE THERE.

Have a little common decency and a little respect for the dead and the grieving families!

I was helping to dig people out right after the tornado most of them were alive but sadly some were dead, and some we pulled them from the rubble in pieces.

NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE PICTURES OF THAT

The question is why are the people of Joplin not being made aware of the morgue? You have obviously done some extraordinary work yourself in helping under terrible circumstances, but why are people not belng giv en information about this? THAT is what suggests there is something very amiss.

I agree with an earlier post - the journalist wasn't seeking to film inside the morgue.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Caintic

I did not need to see a picture of Osama's dead body cause I already knew that the man had been dead for years now and that the entire story is another sham.

With that said, I think they are still searching for bodies, and personally I don't need a video of that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

There is NO "secret morgue". The "secret morgue" is CNN's way of sensationalizing this. There is no conspiracy here. Just a serious lack of a faster way of processing information and getting people in faster. And that there is the problem, and yes it's horrible that it's not moving faster, but it's not a conspiracy. I've got kin down in this area and they are seriously angry about the way CNN has portrayed some of this about the "secret morgue". It's about as nuts as Sarah Palin and the conspiracy about Trig.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by Caintic

I did not need to see a picture of Osama's dead body cause I already knew that the man had been dead for years now and that the entire story is another sham.

I agree with you on that matter, as I'm sure others do as well, but I feel that it's a very good example.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
S & F

I tried mentioning this on the Joplin MO tornado thread yesterday and got FLAMED!

Because some of the people posting there live there or know someone there, and there is NO CONSPIRACY. Believe me, I love a good conspiracy and this is not one.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaconess

Originally posted by buddha
How would you feel if the police keep your childs body.
and will not let you see it or know they have it.
when you know they have it.
They should take them to court.
I bet the bodys are just dump't in body bags.
they are not human!!!
:flame.

You saw the child's father in the hospital. His face is all cut up. He is alive and very injured. Can you then imagine what the deceased look like? Really, they are trying to spare the family member the trauma of seeing this.

Sorry, that is absolutely not their decision. That is the decision of the family members alone - no-one else.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

There is NO "secret morgue". The "secret morgue" is CNN's way of sensationalizing this. There is no conspiracy here. Just a serious lack of a faster way of processing information and getting people in faster. And that there is the problem, and yes it's horrible that it's not moving faster, but it's not a conspiracy. I've got kin down in this area and they are seriously angry about the way CNN has portrayed some of this about the "secret morgue". It's about as nuts as Sarah Palin and the conspiracy about Trig.

I did not use the word 'secret morgue', please don't put words into my mouth. If you read my post you will see I asked why people weren't being given information about the morgue.

If you want people to be factual, please be factual yourself.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Why think there is even a NEED for a secret morgue? The families screaming for lost loved ones would certainly make available those missing and presumed dead names. Why hide what in the end...cant really be hidden?
With so many loved ones looking...we cant just toss em in a mass grave and forget about them. What would be the point of ANY secret morgue?
In wartime...maybe...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
'Secret Morgue' no secret morgue. Conspiracy theory no conspiracy theory aside, I think the real issue is the way the police treated them. I live in Montana and never once driving down a public road with private property on either side have I been told by a cop that I wasn't allowed to drive down that road. Unless there was a wreck or it was flooded.

There was no politeness about the way they were treated. I understand that they have probably delt with this for awhile, but there is no need to be as rude as they were,

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Actually, I disagree. This is just part of a much bigger conspiracy by the media to continually misrepresent (or even invent) facts in order to sensationalise the news. I daresay the US is at least as bad as the UK where we can no longer entirely trust anything we see or read.

But that conspiracy is perhaps for another thread.

Edit: as for the way the police treated the journalists, well if it were my town and my dead friends and family whom they wanted to film, then they'd have been run out of State at gunpoint! And thought themselves lucky.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
patriot act baby. ya gotta love it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sadly? I think it comes down to nothing being really "secret" about anything these days. They are just slapping our faces with it out in the open. Thats a worry. They are just sc--ing us without the kiss 1st...and we cant expect to GET one either from 'em!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There is no conspiracy…………..Just the bureaucracy of the Federal Government at its finest. The Feds took over the morgue I believe on Tuesday or Wednesday and that’s when everything came to a screeching halt.

A meeting was held yesterday at 6:00pm at MSSU for family members with missing members. Gov Nixon was to hold the meeting but he sent in a lady (I forget her name) to head a “task force” to unravel the bureaucracy that the Feds have created…..and get answers for the loved ones……….ASAP

There were about 30 family members there and most of them knew that their family member was in the morgue but they were classified as “missing”…………..

The families were very frustrated with the bureaucracy and the paper work involved when they were present when their loved ones were taken away to the morgue that horrible night and the bodies were identifiable……….

The head of the Jasper county morgue was speaking and eluded in a politically correct way that the Feds are F**king everything UP!!

He asked the Feds during the meeting who were standing in the back of the room…”Can you explain the process of identifying the bodies”………..The Feds response was “We are just here to observe the meeting”…………..

Needless to say the family members were not happy with those answers……………Very frustrating …………..

I believe the State Gov is attempting to do there best to unravel the issues caused by the Feds………..They have done a good job on the missing person reports so I expect to see some results starting today with family notifications………..

Oddly there were only a couple family members present for those members that are considered “missing”. The majority of the family there as I said “knew” that their loved one was killed and had been taken to the morgue………

A couple families at the end of the meeting were pulled to the side concerning their loved one in the morgue.......

Hopefully more families will get some closure today.................

As far as where are the bodies being kept…………Yes I have heard they are being kept in one of the underground caves around the Joplin area……….The US Gov actually leases a few of these caves for storage………..So I would expect that rumor would be true……..

But no conspiracy……….Just bureaucracy………….

edit on 28-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I remember there was a report of 1500 people missing and many thought a big portion of the individuals were staying with friends or relatives and were unaccounted for this time being. I have a theory that is too controversial to speak of at this time. Let them bury their loved ones and have a since of peace after this horrible disaster. ^Y^

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What do you mean why aren't the people of joplin being made aware of the Morgue. They have announced the locations of the morgue on the local news casts here. Some of the local radio stations have been live on the air since sunday reporting info, news, taking calls from people letting them get the names of their loved ones out there that are still missing and letting them tell people their personal storms durring and after the tornado. nothing is being kept from the people of joplin.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

it is the gov't decission if they want to spare the families from seeing hundreds of dead bodies or just their family members body.
any other time you go to the morgue to identify a body they only show you one body the body your trying to identify not every boby that may be in the morgue, what makes this any different.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A temporary morgue for tornado victims has been set up in a warehouse in Atlas, east of Joplin.

That would be R&R Trucking 302 Thunder Road, Duenweg, MO
37° 4'54.05"N 94°23'58.29"W

They are a defense contractor.
www.randrtruck.com...

Welcome to R&R Trucking Inc.

Thank you for this opportunity to present our three companies, R & R Trucking, Inc., AATCO, Inc., and NEI Transport, LLC. We are proud of these organizations; its people, its environment and the quality transportation services they provide to our customers.

We are a highly specialized motor carrier group, providing freight services to the Department of Defense, the radioactive materials market and commercial explosives customers. Our employees feel a sense of pride in serving our nations government. There are very few trucking companies that do what we do and we are the biggest and the best.

We have grown rapidly over the past several years from 20 trucks to over 300 trucks. Our success has resulted from attracting talented operations personnel with many years of experience in the Company's markets. Of equal importance is hiring and retaining qualified professional drivers. Working together, our drivers and non-driver personnel provide excellent service to our core customers.

In addition to the aforementioned munitions, explosive and radioactive cargo the R&R Trucking Group also provides flat bed and dry van conveyance for freight of all kinds and a full service asset based brokerage service.

Please allow us the opportunity to serve your shipping needs. Our staff of transportation professionals awaits your call.

Jeff Herr
President and CEO

edit on 28-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What do you mean why aren't the people of joplin being made aware of the Morgue. They have announced the locations of the morgue on the local news casts here. Some of the local radio stations have been live on the air since sunday reporting info, news, taking calls from people letting them get the names of their loved ones out there that are still missing and letting them tell people their personal storms durring and after the tornado. nothing is being kept from the people of joplin.

That's great, I'm very pleased to hear that the people are getting the information they need. The video in the OP was suggesting the contrary, hence my question.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

it is the gov't decission if they want to spare the families from seeing hundreds of dead bodies or just their family members body.
any other time you go to the morgue to identify a body they only show you one body the body your trying to identify not every boby that may be in the morgue, what makes this any different.

Yes. That's how it's done.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join