It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten CNN Journalist Looking For "Secret Morgue" In Joplin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Im still wonder what this article ask.
blogs.riverfronttimes.com...

Who the Hell Steals Body Bags from the Coroner's Office?
The answer to that question apparently is Donna Myers, morgue supervisor for the St. Louis County Medical Examiner.

What did she do with them? And you wonder why they had to borrow some from near by cities until they could get more.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Just simple compassion. What if it gets a little out of hand? Who gives a F?

NoNo not at all. That's where the Governor has already stepped in to insure a better pace for the information to familys. I think this all falls right into place. The way I'm looking at it. Mainstream these days manipulates things that go on, to make themselves look like hero's. So when TPTB arn't pulling strings? It dosn't mean the strings arn't being pulled.

OP
I really wish you would've given us, a few more lines of your own text in the opener. Two paragraphs is recommended
when posting a thread. Helps set the tone you know? Flag on this one anyway.
edit on 28-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
How would you feel if the police keep your childs body.
and will not let you see it or know they have it.
when you know they have it.
They should take them to court.
I bet the bodys are just dump't in body bags.
they are not human!!!
:flame.

You saw the child's father in the hospital. His face is all cut up. He is alive and very injured. Can you then imagine what the deceased look like? Really, they are trying to spare the family member the trauma of seeing this.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
CNN actually reported on the stuff that 'they' want to be kept secret!
They are IDing the bodies with DNA and fingerprints. What does this mean?
They have all our DNA and fingerprints stored somewhere! When did they get this authority?

Man you really have no clue! they don't have everyone's DNA stored somewhere. when someone files a missing person's report they are taking voluntary DNA samples from a family member to compare their DNA to make the ID.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
S & F

I tried mentioning this on the Joplin MO tornado thread yesterday and got FLAMED!

You didn't get flamed, you got first hand information from People that live here in Joplin on whats actually going on without the media's spin and agenda.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Mercenary2012

This isn't about News agencies trying to get into the morgues to film dead bodies. Might wanna try watching the video or reading the OP before hand. I seen this on the news last night myself.

This is about families not being able to get into the morgue to ID their dead or deceased loved ones so how can they know whether they should be searching for their loved one when they might already be dead in the morgue.

The morgue refused access for people to see their dead loved ones and still is refusing access for people to ID their loved ones so this is causing chaos and people aren't sure if their dead relatives are in the morgue or buried in the rubble somewhere.

Guess you didn't read all of my post on page 1.

they were letting people in to Identify their loved ones sunday night or monday morning and a family misidentified a body and caused a lot of heartache for the family the deceased actually belonged to. that is when the decision to use dental records and DNA to ID the bodies was made!

You also missed where i said that they are letting people in to see their loved ones if the can give a description of their loved one including any birth marks piercings or tattoos that are unique to their loved one.

They are releasing the bodies to the families the first funeral of a tornado victim was friday afternoon!

Now let me ask you something Do you live in Joplin? because a few of us that DO LIVE HERE have been checking into concerns people have and have been getting the correct info for them minus the national news spin and agenda.

And yes they only tried to get into the morgue to get pictures of dead bodies! If they wanted to speak to the county Coroner or someone in charge at the temp morgues that have been set up All they had to do was call the county coroners office and set up an interview and the first chance the coroner had or whoever they wanted to talk to would have talked to them!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

I forgot to add the town does not have a morgue supervisor.

www.stltoday.com...

CLAYTON • The former supervisor of the St. Louis County morgue has pleaded guilty to a count of misdemeanor theft stemming from a police investigation into missing items from the medical examiner's office.

Donna Myers, 51, pleaded guilty last week to one count of stealing under $500 — cleaning supplies — and was sentenced to one year's probation. Two other charges were dropped pending Myers' completion of probation and community service.

edit on 27-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

what does that have to do with the tornado in Joplin? St. Louis is on the east side of the state and Joplin is on the South west side of the state! And no the city doesn't have a coroner. the counties have coroners. and there isn't a law anywhere that says each city has to have a coroner.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

i did watch the video. And i live here and see what the national media crews do. and how they are twisting around what people say to them. And the Coroner they intervied is Not the Jasper county Coroner! he is the Newton county coroner. Joplin is in 2 counties. Jasper and Newton counties. the county that is in charge of the body is the county the death occured in. and both counties have temp morgues set up. And since they called the coroner why didn't they set up an interview. they talked to him on the phone. No they didn't set up an interview they decided to just go to one of the morgues and try to get in. why were they trying to get in after they talked to the coroner on the phone? to take pictures of the dead bodies in the morgue to press their agenda that nothing is being done to help the families in Joplin!

Again I live here and see whats going on first hand do you live here?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No I dont live there. And quit with the lies. You see this first hand yeah right. Where do you get that get in part anyway? You're just making stuff up.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
another thing that people have to remember is that most of the bodies in the morgue are not whole intact bodies. they are just pieces of the bodies and there is nothing to visually identify the bodies by. so they have 1000's of body parts to DNA test against samples given by family members.

Also alot of dental offices were destroyed in the tornado and all of those dental records were lost, which is slowing down the identification process.

but again if you don't live here you wouldn't know that because the national news outlets leave all that information out of their stories because it doesn't fit their agenda!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Dude i live just a few blocks north of the damage here in Joplin. I've been in and out of the tornado damage since sunday night. I helped pull people both dead and alive out of the rubble that was their house. I have family and friends that are LEO and EMS here in Joplin and in Jasper county I know alot more about whats going on here than you could possibly know.

So before you tell me to stop spreading lies maybe you should get off your ass and quit hiding behind your monitor and do something that will actually help people!
edit on 28-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
CNN would not show bodies. They are too big and would lose too much respect for such a thing. I don't think they'd ever even consider it. It would make them NO friends. They are not some 'banged up' website.

Does the government have the RIGHT to decide to spare families the trauma of seeing their dead loved ones? They don't when there's a horrid wreck. I don't think they do.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

they aren't sparing anyone heartache.

its just after a family misidentified a body that could be identified visually they made the choice to identify the bodies with DNA or dental records.

if the families couldn't give a description with unique identifying marks IE tattoos piercings birth marks.they wouldn't let them in the morgue to look at body after body to see if there loved one was their. after they make a positive ID with dental records or DNA they are letting the families in to see their bodies and then releasing the bodies to the family for burial.

If the families can give a description that includes birthmarks tattoo's piercings Etc they are letting the families in right then to see the bodies and releasing them to the families.

A lot of the bodies can't be identified visually and the families understandably are frustrated at how long its taking to ID the bodies.

I'm sure if the county was just letting families search body after body for their loved ones there would be a thread here about how unorganized and how the gov't is traumatizing families looking for loved ones.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
CNN would not show bodies. They are too big and would lose too much respect for such a thing. I don't think they'd ever even consider it. It would make them NO friends. They are not some 'banged up' website.

Does the government have the RIGHT to decide to spare families the trauma of seeing their dead loved ones? They don't when there's a horrid wreck. I don't think they do.

they would show as many body bags as possible to push their spin and agenda and if you don't think they wouldn't your sadly mistaken. I wonder how many of those people that are in the morgue are there because all the media was clogging the streets so they couldn't get through to help people in need. all so they could show everyone the damage from the tornado.

These are the same crews that tried to sneak into damaged buildings that were near collapse just so they could say they were in them and show you the damage from inside those buildings. if it wouldn't have been for the local residents and the police and fire fighters stopping them they would have been added to the injured or dead lists.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anyone think that HAARP has anything to do with these recent series of tornadoes? Just a thought.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That tornado must have shot down a UFO or something for the police to be acting like THAT... a bit over-excessive, don't ya think?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What small town could be prepared for so many dead bodies? Even a large urban area probably doesn't have a morgue equipped to handle so many deaths. I would guess that the city of Joplin is trying to spare these families more trauma by preventing them from seeing an improvised morgue. I certainly would not want to witness multiple bodies being kept in an area not meant for such a thing. What is wrong with waiting til they have some kind of identification then they can show the body to the family in a more presentable way rather than making an already traumatized family look at multiple bodies in the hopes of finding their missing loved one? I can not imagine the sheer agony these folks are experiencing

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Well, we can still bash the president without being persecuted......unlike the unlucky sap in thailand right now for making fun of the king.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I saw that report. CNN or any other news outlet has no business sticking their nose in the morgue matter. If pictures were available they would be filing FOIA requests or bribing some local yokel so they could put the pictures on the air for ratings. There are somethings the public has no right to know or see. Sure, the families may want to know if someone is in the morgue but in my opinion, it needs to be private affair. No good would come of the newsies pointing a camera at dead, possibly dismembered/broken bodies. Without the addition of derma wax, makeup, clothes and so forth most, again in my opinion, intact bodies only resemble the person you knew. The officers were just trying to stop any more sensationalizing than was already present.

When you take the shock jock approach to reporting there is no respect for the dead. After this tornado chances are all they found are body parts and it takes time to match a body part to a name. It's no surprise that cops have parts of town shut down because they are still looking for missing people and the last thing they need is idiots with cameras getting in the way. What kind of sicko wants to see video of the bodies anyway.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

It's called freedom of the press baby. Get used to it.

Yes, but we know how the press has soooo much respect for the dead. Not.

They didn't let them back there for a reason, to protect those and allow the victim's families to retain some form of dignity. I'm usually all for open transparency, don't get me wrong, but CNN had no right to poke around back where they were more than likely dealing with bodies. In South Dakota one year we had a bad one hit where a few died, and here come the news crews wanting to film while bodies were being recovered out of wreckage. The police chased them off.

I do find Anderson Cooper's hypocrisy very interesting though. When people were questioning Obama's American citizenship. well, those people were lacking in respect and were "kooks". But he gets all riled up when a news crew can't get back and film dead bodies, that the police were more than likely trying to protect from being filmed. Maybe it was someone's home, who knows. There are some things, people don't need to know and this just might be one of them. Let's respect these people and their grief. No conspiracy here, just some cops trying to protect someone's privacy, or the dead.

edit on 28-5-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join