It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten CNN Journalist Looking For "Secret Morgue" In Joplin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm not saying the deputies couldn't have handled the situation better with the camera crew, but cut them some slack these guys are like everyone else in Joplin working on little or no sleep and either lost everything or they know someone that lost everything and they either lost family members and friends or know someone who has lost loved ones.

reply to post by Ronin65

Actually the police and gov't officials here in Joplin and the small cities around Joplin are bending over backwards to help the People of Joplin. what they don't have compassion for and no patients for is the National media being stupid, getting in there way while they are trying to help the people of Joplin or wanting to cause anymore heartache and pain for the families that have lost everything and lost loved ones.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"How outrageous!" one minute everyone is talking smack about the horrible MSM, the next turn we are outraged by their rights being violated. I could make a fortune on blood pressure medicine with this crowd.

Terrible human tragedy+media whores infesting the area = pissed locals and local authorities.

Is that simple enough for you?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
S & F

I tried mentioning this on the Joplin MO tornado thread yesterday and got FLAMED!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
CNN actually reported on the stuff that 'they' want to be kept secret!
They are IDing the bodies with DNA and fingerprints. What does this mean?
They have all our DNA and fingerprints stored somewhere! When did they get this authority?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
when cnn first stated discussing this story. and interviewing survivors they were being intrusive and disrespectful concerning the events surrounding the discovery of people that had only just been missing for a few days. the reporter made assumptions and was corrected politely, and id say thats what kicked this off. Its what they call on cop shows 'the force ladder', "you pull a knife, and i fire a recoilless rifle into your home while you sleep" kind of mentality. of course it depends on the situation.i suppose all weapons are used in all circumstances. Anyway..just cops being cops. Lot of family involved in this deal, people are offended far easier at times like these, also far more appreciative of kindness. So i think one should use great caution of words concerning this situation. Right after that tornado hit there was the brightest rainbow ive ever seen. it was about 90 miles from the site. the lightning was still very intense at the time so it was really a sight , this flaming rainbow with lightning attacking it from all; sides. It was really beautiful. it showed up almost immediately after the storm came through. it was like the end of the rainbow was only 150 yards away. I couldnt get any closer because of the lightning. It was fairly dark every where except where that rainbow was anchored in the field so it really lit things ablaze. like i said beautiful, and the surrounding lightning storm was really something to behold. yes i got pics, but i dont want to dishonor the spectacle with my poor photography.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
S & F

I tried mentioning this on the Joplin MO tornado thread yesterday and got FLAMED!

Got flamed?

Click this for link to post and following responses

Ive always enjoyed your posts and now you are making me wonder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The truth has already been mentioned in this thread by others but since there is no huge conspiracy in the facts of Life/Death... then too many are eager to create some.

The media has no business attempting to photograph the morgue or tour it's grounds. The media is after one thing.... your attention to sell their $ponsor$. To think otherwise is pure denial.

What better way to draw more attention than to do exactly what this thread is feeding and growing on. It worked.

edit on 5/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: to fix link

edit on 5/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have to say everything can't be twisted into some kind of secret coverup or conspiracy. The press has no business sneaking around trying to get pictures of dead bodies. Some I'm sure are in pieces. Where is the decency. Let the dead rest. Cops are probably as pissed off as the people that are relatives of the dead at some reporters snooping around for nothing other than grisly pictures they can post to show the "horror" and try and get ratings. It's pathetic IMO.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Putting things together maybe very scary here. There may be much more to this Joplin disaster than meets the eye. It seems possible that it's an experiment gone bad with HAARP or other related technology. Or even worse, an experiment gone good

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry but this one does not make sense. At 11:45 he states they have confirmed the identity of ALL "232" victims/missing so I guess the case is solved?? His monotone spiel is suspicious to me.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BACONHAWK

...Or how about where he states there is a "lack of compassion and common sense"

...Or how about how arrogant he was acting with the police?

...Or how about where he lied to us about his cameraman shutting off the camera?

That reporter would be good on Jerry Springer and the like.

So much wrong with that report.

Pathetic what we are coming to as a society.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Im sure people were wondering where the bodies went after they left the trailers sitting around. After seeing what happened in Haiti I don't blame people for wanting to know.

www.stltoday.com...

This would be the team in charge.

www.dmort7.org...

I forgot to add the town does not have a morgue supervisor.

www.stltoday.com...

CLAYTON • The former supervisor of the St. Louis County morgue has pleaded guilty to a count of misdemeanor theft stemming from a police investigation into missing items from the medical examiner's office.

Donna Myers, 51, pleaded guilty last week to one count of stealing under $500 — cleaning supplies — and was sentenced to one year's probation. Two other charges were dropped pending Myers' completion of probation and community service.

edit on 27-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How would you feel if the police keep your childs body.
and will not let you see it or know they have it.
when you know they have it.
They should take them to court.
I bet the bodys are just dump't in body bags.
they are not human!!!
:flame.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

This isn't about News agencies trying to get into the morgues to film dead bodies. Might wanna try watching the video or reading the OP before hand. I seen this on the news last night myself.

This is about families not being able to get into the morgue to ID their dead or deceased loved ones so how can they know whether they should be searching for their loved one when they might already be dead in the morgue.

The morgue refused access for people to see their dead loved ones and still is refusing access for people to ID their loved ones so this is causing chaos and people aren't sure if their dead relatives are in the morgue or buried in the rubble somewhere.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
and if you truly believe that the camera crew didn't want to get into the morgue to tape bodies your sadly mistaken. that is why they went there. If they just wanted to talk to the coroner they would have called his office and setup an interview!
edit on 27-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

1) You're not one of the crew so you can't know that. You're just suggesting the worst possible situation to boost your argument. 2) Watch the video next time before you comment. They tried calling.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I saw on the news that they said it could take two weeks for people to go in and identify their missing loved ones.

That would be horrible having to wait. Those people have lost everything already they deserve to know where their missing loved ones are if they are there.

Agreed its quite ridiculous they can't Go and ID their loved ones. How are they supposed to know whether to search for their missing loved one or not? Guess they have to search the rubble even if their loved one could be in the morgue already deceased.... horrible!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thank you for posting Vitchilo; I am tremendously disturbed, yet disappointingly not suprised. There is no need for this to be occuring in the USA. This is indefensible. The callous nature in which this is being done is a double tragedy to those who have actually lost loved ones...I mean, what, they are worried there will be a mob? WTF??

CJ
edit on 27-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: me so stupy

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can't believe this. I'm going with the cops this time ? WTF is that all about ?
I am. I'm with the cops. The last thing that community needs is a bunch juornalists looking for a money shot. There not letting anyone near the morgue, because they don't want anybody learning their loved one didn't make it via CNN. I think this is a matter of respect. That is all. I don't trust the MSN more than I don't trust cops.
I wouldn't put it passed mainstream to drum up all this crap because the cops wouldn't let them near the place.
They prolly wanted a bunch of morbid pics for TPT.B
edit on 27-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Where the hell do you guys come up with this stuff? They wanted to interview the coroner. Why do you even think that even if they'd find the place they would be allowed anywhere inside to see bodies? You people should remember that if it weren't for the media you wouldn't even hear about the whole tornado in the first place.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Where the hell do you guys come up with this stuff? They wanted to interview the coroner. Why do you even think that even if they'd find the place they would be allowed anywhere inside to see bodies? You people should remember that if it weren't for the media you wouldn't even hear about the whole tornado in the first place.

I heard it first right here homee.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I can't believe this. I'm going with the cops this time ? WTF is that all about ?
I am. I'm with the cops. The last thing that community needs is a bunch juornalists looking for a money shot. There not letting anyone near the morgue, because they don't want anybody learning their loved one didn't make it via CNN. I think this is a matter of respect. That is all. I don't trust the MSN more than I don't trust cops.
I wouldn't put it passed mainstream to drum up all this crap because the cops wouldn't let them near the place.
They prolly wanted a bunch of morbid pics for TPT.B
edit on 27-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I agree with you there...but ah, its been long enough now to stop the desperate search for 100+ families, yes?
Just simple compassion. What if it gets a little out of hand? Who gives a F?

CJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join