It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Threaten CNN Journalist Looking For "Secret Morgue" In Joplin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cover up going on? Or just arrogant cops?

Anyone from Joplin could do a little investigation?

Posting video links: Please read!
1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion
edit on May 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I saw this yesterday. What was not clear is whether or not the CNN journalists were on a public or private road when they were stopped by those cops. It's difficult to comment one way or the other until I know that.

If it was a public road, then the cops were wrong in stopping the journalists.

What I can say is that I didn't appreciate the gestapo type tactics the cops were using in telling the journalists to turn off their cameras....they were journalists...it's their job.

I really got the feeling that this was another attempt by public officials to control the news. This will hopefully backfire on them, as the public has a right to be informed.

FYI to others, the part of the video being discussed starts at the 4:28 mark
edit on 27-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

A total lack of compassion just like Katrina. I'm sure if any of the elected officials were missing a loved one, they would have immediate access to the morgue. There are some situations where you can't do everything by the book. It's called common sense and logical thinking.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just wanted to make this known. This seems to be one of those situations where the city has something to hide. It is becoming more evident that with the various things occurring in missouri and mississippi that the potential for more disasters may rise soon.
edit on 27-5-2011 by DragonRain311 because: I accidentally said Mississippi instead of Missouri

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would say they have a refrigerated truck filled with bins.
The same style bins they talk about at Fema camps.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No media coverage just like Gulf Oil disaster as well as Katrina.

There is no Freedom in the US. NONE.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I watched this live too, and it was amazing. I really got the feeling that they were trying to hide something for sure. The way I understood it, it was public land, or at least a public road. The way he said it was "private on this side", made me think that the road itself was ok to be on, but he was making it quite clear that he didn't want them there at all. Weird, and kind of creepy really. FEMA trailers and coffins?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Heres a word document about Refrigerated trucks.
www.kdheks.gov...

Transport Containers
The hospital should develop MOAs (Memoranda of Agreement) with a transportation company, local funeral establishment, and/or other medical facilities that have refrigerated transport containers. The containers should be kept in a discreet location, and if possible, away from public view. The containers will be kept at ________________.

Large refrigerated transport containers used by commercial companies can store up to 30 bodies (laying flat on the floor with a walkway between). Consider lightweight temporary racking systems to increase each container’s capacity by three times.

And another book on it.

www.paho.org...
edit on 27-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw that report. CNN or any other news outlet has no business sticking their nose in the morgue matter. If pictures were available they would be filing FOIA requests or bribing some local yokel so they could put the pictures on the air for ratings. There are somethings the public has no right to know or see. Sure, the families may want to know if someone is in the morgue but in my opinion, it needs to be private affair. No good would come of the newsies pointing a camera at dead, possibly dismembered/broken bodies. Without the addition of derma wax, makeup, clothes and so forth most, again in my opinion, intact bodies only resemble the person you knew. The officers were just trying to stop any more sensationalizing than was already present.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I saw on the news that they said it could take two weeks for people to go in and identify their missing loved ones.

That would be horrible having to wait. Those people have lost everything already they deserve to know where their missing loved ones are if they are there.

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
CNN or any other news outlet has no business sticking their nose in...

It's called freedom of the press baby. Get used to it.

ETA:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81149ee67540.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: double the fun

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would say they have a refrigerated truck filled with bins.
The same style bins they talk about at Fema camps.

First you would have to find a FEMA camp then the bins. Got proof of either?? Nah I didn't think so but it's on the internet so it's got to be true.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
that doesn't make much sense...it seems like they're hiding something?

what would there be to hide?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Curious this public / private road aspect. Wheter or not the cops actually had authority to tell them to stop filming. If it's a private road then only the property owner can make that call. If it was "government owned private" then the cops had probably right to do that.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I live in Joplin I know where the temp morgue is. and there is no conspiracy here. they don't want camera crews in the morgue because frankly NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THE BODIES AND IN SOME CASES WHATS LEFT OF THE BODY AFTER THE TORNADO EXCEPT THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THEIR LOVED ONES ARE THERE.

Have a little common decency and a little respect for the dead and the grieving families!

I was helping to dig people out right after the tornado most of them were alive but sadly some were dead, and some we pulled them from the rubble in pieces.

NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE PICTURES OF THAT

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Love the way you suggest FEMA straight away. Maybe it was just a moody police officer?

Even better, maybe he thought it was best that the cameras didn't go up that road. There's simple explanations for alot of goings on, stop being so narrow minded, None of us know the facts so don't just suggest it's a conspiracy out to get you all..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012

I live in Joplin I know where the temp morgue is. and there is no conspiracy here. they don't want camera crews in the morgue because frankly NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THE BODIES AND IN SOME CASES WHATS LEFT OF THE BODY AFTER THE TORNADO EXCEPT THE FAMILIES THAT HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THEIR LOVED ONES ARE THERE.

Have a little common decency and a little respect for the dead and the grieving families!

I was helping to dig people out right after the tornado most of them were alive but sadly some were dead, and some we pulled them from the rubble in pieces.

NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE PICTURES OF THAT

Are the bodies being kept outdoors? The reason I ask is because CNN was trying to find the morgue to speak with the person in charge. At no time did CNN indicate that they were wanting to go inside the morgue, much less film dead bodies. To suggest that is pure rubbish.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

My heart goes out to you and the rest of Joplin, and I agree that theres a big lack of decency left. It seems peoples obsession for the macabre has gotten to this point. Theres no point in making things harder for the people actually going through this, and the media definitely does not contribute to the help. If they want to see the dead so quickly maybe they should help with the recovery effort instead of being a vulture.

And to above, there was no point in trying to get into the morgue, there are other ways of contacting someone in charge of such a large operation, but with the media, its best to get everything on tape and at the source for the hungry viewers at home. They would rather see it then read about a phone conversation or a written interview.
edit on 27-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Like others have said, law enforcement and the government has no compassion in this case. Echos of Katrina come to mind. My feeling is that there must be something to hide if the morgue has to be kept secret. But I remember that years ago in another country I was stationed in, after a natural disaster , that the bodies of those killed were being kept in a meat processing site because there was no room in the morgue. Maybe a very similar situation. Think of it, who is going to buy meat from someplace that has stored bodies?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

the very first temp morgue setup shortly after the tornado was outside. they were using the football stadium at MSSU. they are no longer using the stadium as a morgue

Monday or tuesday they setup another Temp Morgue east of town in a warehouse space that has cold storage.
they setup an additional Temp Mobile Morgue at MSSU today.

There isn't a secret morgue and there isn't a conspiracy going on.

they are letting families in the morgue to identify their loved ones if they can give a description of them with any identifing marks that no one else would have. IE piercings tattoos birth marks etc.

They let 2 families in either sunday night or monday morning and one family misidentified their loved one and cause alot of heartache for the other family because it was actually their loved one.

so the county coroner decided that all positive id's would be by dental records and by DNA then they will give official notification to the families their loved ones are in one of the morgues.

what is slowing down the identification n process is the lack of dental records as numerous dental offices were destroyed on the west side of town by the tornado.

At no time did CNN indicate that they were wanting to go inside the morgue, much less film dead bodies. To suggest that is pure rubbish.

and if you truly believe that the camera crew didn't want to get into the morgue to tape bodies your sadly mistaken. that is why they went there. If they just wanted to talk to the coroner they would have called his office and setup an interview!
edit on 27-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join