It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with oval pupils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
last night during a conversation with my gf she suddenly stopped me and said "wtf's going on with your eyes". Being confused and a little thrown off because it had nothing to do with the conversation I said "what do you mean? whats wrong?". She said "your pupils are F'd, they look like cat eyes!".

I was weirded out because I trust her 100% and she wouldn't have been playing a joke like that. So I move close to her and change angles to make sure it wasn't caused by a light reflection. She then said it stayed the same for about 5 seconds and then the sides of my pupils expanded outwards to a normal circle again.

Afterwards we talked about it for some time, she said my pupils were tall ovals. I found a picture that is the right shape and size, but horizontal. when you look at the image imagine that the pupil is vertical.

I can assure you im not a "reptillian" I don't even believe in those "shapeshifing news reporter george bush reptillian caught proof!' youtube videos and threads. (they actually annoy me because they are mostly just low quality image effects, or lighting effects)

but this was IRL (in real life)

Has anyone heard of this before or could shed some light on the situation?

you can laugh at me if you want, I am well aware that its pretty messed up and unbelievable lol. but for me. it happened. and I cant explain it...

edit on 27-5-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

were you drinking?

my brothers eye color changes to blue,, after a few drinks..!!!!??

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

nah i don't drink. and it had nothing to do with the iris colour, it was the pupil.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
pics or it didnt happen

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This can be very serious and you should call your doctor asap to have an evaluation or discuss what this could be. There are muscles which control this and damage which was not done physically could be related to strokes and other problems showing themselves in this way.
www.bettermedicine.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Hey thanks, Im 22 and otherwise healthy, In the link you provided it says change in size, not shape. My pupils react very well to light changes, I have 20/20 vision. If this happens again I'll call an optomistrist. but im not really worried about a stroke right now.

The only thing on your link that says anything about shape change, is prenatal abnormalities or injury. aside from scrapes and bruises i haven't had any injuries in years. and definitely no head/eye injury's. And prenatal abnormalities would mean a lifetime permanent abnormality. not a sudden change.

thanks for the reply though and your concern

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiuk
pics or it didnt happen

As I don't know that your a real person because i haven't seen pictures of your birth certificate or family photos, I will disregard your comment.. you may be a robot.... robots arent to be trusted lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

well the main point was this:

Abnormally shaped pupils can occur as a result of abnormalities of prenatal development or injury.

Sounds like those neither happened or you would of been aware. Its a good idea to check any neurological problems off the list as well.
Brain signals to the muscles control how they shape and how far they open the pupils according to light conditions etc. so it could be plausible that while its not an injury or size of pupils, that something you cant physically pinpoint is doing this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It sounds like it COULD be Cat Eye Syndrome but I would think if that were the case, your pupils would be that shape all the time and wouldn't have taken on that shape and gone back to normal. Very strange!

Btw, if you have a weird fear of eye conditions (like I do, lol!) be warned that there's a creepy pic at that link, lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ahh true a misfiring of signals to the brain could be an issue. but it would be very abnormal that only the width would be affected. I'll be keeping and eye on it though (pun kind of intended lol) and if it persists i'll be seeing an optometrist.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

ewwww.... lol no definitely didn't look like that. and that a from birth thing..but thanks for the nasty image lol.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well the main thing is if it was a physical injury, you would definitely know it, we got alot of pain receptors in there and it would be next to impossible not to know you did it.
And since you havent banged your head I dont think theres a rush to get to the nearest ER to check it out.
The only story Ive heard personally was my friends grandmother had an oblong pupil similar to your example above and it was just after she had a stroke.

You could be turning into a goat, they have pupils shaped like that.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

lol! I just wish i could do it on command. I'd freak out people all the time.... one day maybe... lol

new topics

top topics

join