It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious sinkholes in Quebec.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
40 holes between five and eight metres wide appeared in Quebec City, Charlesbourg.
We have no reponses about what caused that. I thought it would be good to share this other mystery with you.
Experts will be on place soon. Maybe we have some liquefaction here. 40 affected residents had left their homes. I don't know if there are some reports like that in others parts of the world.
It's interesting for me.
www.cbc.ca...
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Moisan said the field where the holes are appearing used to be the site of a sandpit, and he said experts will be on the site Friday to find out what's causing the sinkholes. Just over a year ago, a family of four died in Saint-Jude, Que. during a massive landslide.

seems pretty localized but we did get more earth quakes and the likes than I've ever seen.

Thanks for the post FnS

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Moisan said the field where the holes are appearing used to be the site of a sandpit, and he said experts will be on the site Friday to find out what's causing the sinkholes. Just over a year ago, a family of four died in Saint-Jude, Que. during a massive landslide.

seems pretty localized but we did get more earth quakes and the likes than I've ever seen.

Thanks for the post FnS

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sinkholes and landslides are common in Quebec.

This is not surprising to me as a Canadian.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

WTF.... thanks for posting this story... I'm quite nearby... I might go take pics sunday...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

FTA: "Moisan said the field where the holes are appearing used to be the site of a sandpit, and he said experts will be on the site Friday to find out what's causing the sinkholes."

mystery solved!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sink holes usualy form when the soil has an abendance of soluable minerals in it. When the mineral deposists "melt" away, it leaves gaps and loose soil. So starting from the bottom up they crumble down and we get those.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You beat me to it

i just though
We have a big flooding situation similar to whats happening with the mississippi river in the USA
maybe some subterrain cave were filled up with water and reached to the sink hole place in quebec ?

i didnt calculate the distance from both location
but we never know .. i think its a very plausible scenario

massive flooding in the monteregie .. and now this
something is clearly happening
those 30 sink hole dont appear out of nowhere just like that

sandf
edit on 5/27/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Interesting stuff that they would all appear at the same time, eh? Keep us posted on any further news? Much appreciated. S&F

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes, it is strange they all appeared at roughly the same time. Could be some agency testing a new weapon, or could be due to an underground subsidence. Do the government have any secret underground bases there?

I would be interested to see an aerial view of all the sink holes and see if there was a pattern wich may indicate an underground river or something.

Anyone have a kite with a camera attached that could take pics of this area?

addition:
vor at godlikeproductions forum says this about them

THAT IS NOT A SINKHOLE!

It is a rotational slump on a steep hillside (downhill to the left on the aerial view. These usually form in waterlogged unconsolidated (relatively loose) soil. It rotates down at the upper end and builds up near the lower end, giving the appearance of a chute. A common event in wet places with deep soil, but not usually this big! Again, this is not a sinkhole.

extra picture
www.sott.net...

It seems that this area has many such land problems.
The missing family of 4 that occurred last year 2010

more on Leda Clay (formed with sea water)

edit on 28-5-2011 by qmantoo because: additions

edit on 28-5-2011 by qmantoo because: further additions

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You are near but did not hear of this? That makes me suspicious. Why if this happned in my county it would be front page news. Be careful. And I wonder where all the dirt goes? Down, was it something that came out?

These anomolies are very scary.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Vitchilo

You are near but did not hear of this? That makes me suspicious. Why if this happned in my county it would be front page news. Be careful. And I wonder where all the dirt goes? Down, was it something that came out?

These anomolies are very scary.

Well I don't watch TV or read local newspapers.

So that's why. Maybe if I call my mother she will have heard about it on the news.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
No biggie, its been raining for months combined with a very small seismic activities.
and its not located in a densely populated area.

Officials says, they are 1 to 5 meters deep, so basicly, nothing worse than our roads.

new topics

top topics

join