It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crop circles and military tests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Does anybody have any thoughts on the idea that at least some crop circles are military tests of some sort? It has been speculated that the circles are formed by some sort of microwave, and the patterns are becoming increasing more intricate- like they were shot through a template.

I'm no expert on military technology or crop circles, but I'm very curious about this. Do you think it's possible?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Looks like I might just have found an answer:

cyberspaceorbit.com...

But I do find this a bit disturbing- does anyone have any imput on this subject?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

thats one theory of crop circles yes, and pretty plausible for some of them. im no expert so someone else could proberly send you in right direction with this. There are also many groups out there that go out and actually create crop circles for fun iv watched videos being done and its astounding what these people can do in 1 night thats for sure. another reason for crop circles? simple really but its weather phenomena

what keeps me interested in crop circles though is there is always that 1 or 2 that cannot be explained away by the reasons iv mentioned or others. iv always found them intresting

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Those explanations probably fit some of them, but what's struck me is that they've been getting progressively more detailed and sophisticated- absolutely NO WAY they can be made by people with boards on their feet - not even if they had a team of surveyors and a week to do it.

I started the thread after it had occurred to me that they looked like the results of microwaves or something beamed through templates, and I checked some crop circle websites and books and none of them mentioned a possible military origin.

The link I just found sort of confirms my suspicions- and I'm very uneasy about this. Even more uneasy when I consider that most crop circle people don't seem to know this, and the general public doesn't seem to care.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

weather pheonmena?? I don;t think I have heard that one. What kind of weather pheonmena consistently makes crop circles?? And intricate crop circles with that??

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why would the military need to make patterns in wheat?
IF the military were testing something like that, like emitting microwaves etc, I would think it more logical to test it in Iraq, A'stan, Pakistan etc. On people. Not on wheat.
Thats what military do.

Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Have a look at that article I just found (see my link above) It'll scare the hell out of you I think.

It did me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

weather pheonmena?? I don;t think I have heard that one. What kind of weather pheonmena consistently makes crop circles?? And intricate crop circles with that??

i didn't say they consistently made them or the intricate ones was merely stating that unusual weather phenomena has been used to explain *some* of them.

for example mini tornadoes, or

currents of swirling winds called vortices (similar to "dust devils"). The spinning columns force a burst of air down to the ground, which flattens the crops. Vortices are common in hilly areas such as parts of southern England.

Dr. Terence Meaden of the Tornado and Storm Research Organization (TORRO) in Wiltshire, England, says the vortices that create crop circles are charged with energy (his idea is called the Plasma Vortex Theory). When dust particles get caught up in the spinning, charged air, they can appear to glow, which may explain the UFO-like glowing lights many witnesses have seen near crop circles.

SOURCE FOR ABOVE AND OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLINATIOSN

it is just one theory for some of them that crop up, same as the theories about some being man made, a millitary experimement of sorts, and possible ufos etc.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I read it.

I laughed.

Firstly, look at where the most crop circles are made.
en.wikipedia.org...
Second, look at the amount of aircraft traffic in those regions.
www.flightmapping.com...
Roll over each airport and you'll see the routes. Gatewick and Southhamptom fly over the CC hotspots.
Thirdly, study the effects of High Power Microwaves Weapons on electronic equipment.
www98.griffith.edu.au...

Now look for reports of people, homes, vehicles, and aircraft in the UK crashing due to catastrophic electrical equpment failure enduces by high powered microwave emitting weapons.

Took me 10 minutes of logic and a bit of research.

I hope that helps you with your fear.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hmm, thats what I have always thought they were formed by. Some technology via satelites...

But to many folks here, that sort of REASONING is NO FUN.

They would rather believe it is blue and green and grey martians and Pleiadians with zapper guns and telepathic powers to make you beleive in Satan and stuff.

Sometimes folks dont want to use simple reasoning such as it is MAN-MADE-TECHNOLOGY unstead of big-headed multi colored creatures from other galaxies with zap guns under the bogeyman Satans command.

OH, the humor of the nut-cases!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I suppose that is a plausible theory, but I have a even more plausible theory for you.

They are made as hoax’s to get the UFO crowd all excited and annoy a few farmers but a bunch of artistic vandals armed with some geometrical drawing, a plank of wood and some string.

Oh or they are made by UFO’s.

edit on 29-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well thank you for that- but what is your explanation for them? I don't buy the weather pattens and suchlike- not for the intricate ones, anyway.

There's always the possibility that they may be some other sort of wave that the military has been using- or that they've developed the technology to do it in a way that wouldn't be causing the disruptions you suggested. I'm not any sort of expert on the technology - but I wouldn't be too dismissive about what the experts might know how to do.

I find it very disturbing that people don't even seem to be willing to even consider that these could be beams from our own satellites through human-designed templates. I don't understand why so many people seem to readily accept the unlikely explanations of weather anomolies on the one hand (might explain a single simple circle but not the sort of patterns that have become common now), or UFOs on the other, but yet rejecting the far more likely possibility that they are generated (for fun or not) by our own military and science technicians!

Do you think perhaps what they're really testing is not so much the science technology but the propaganda technique? The authorities sure have been successful in squelching public interest in what is a fascinating and mysterious phenomena and keeping those who are interested in it from asking the obvious questions.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Don't quite understand what you're saying, kevinunknown.

(Now you're also making the same mistake that I've pointed out before on this forum -- don't try to pluralize words by using apostrophes! Apostrophe plus and "s" is the way we write a singular possessive. Where are people getting this habit? Have the public schools gotten that bad? Please try to do it right,
people- it's an obvious mistake and it makes otherwise intelligent ideas seem somewhat less so.)

But back to more cheerful subjects- how about those crop circles?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Oh look the grammar police, do you have anything else you would like to add that actually has some relevance to the thread. Really I do not care for your corrections.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky

Well thank you for that- but what is your explanation for them? I don't buy the weather pattens and suchlike- not for the intricate ones, anyway.
I don't buy weather patterns either, or studies like Levengoode et al sited in your link. I have actually read all three papers published by Levengoode(BLT group) and he states it is from Plasma Vortices and not Microwaves.
I think they are man made.
Here is why.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's always the possibility that they may be some other sort of wave that the military has been using- or that they've developed the technology to do it in a way that wouldn't be causing the disruptions you suggested. I'm not any sort of expert on the technology - but I wouldn't be too dismissive about what the experts might know how to do.

I don't dismiss the experts. Your Link twists what the experts do.
The link states that satelites are here for Microwave detection NOT emitters.
Here:

atellite-based microwave sensors

Satellite-based microwave radiometers measure the very low levels of natural (thermal) radiation(and of man-made radiation) eminating from the Earth.

cyberspaceorbit.com...

Thats it, sensors and detetctors. The USA coundn't even detect India's nuclear program from space with these sensors.

Your link then mentions HPM weapons.
I link a study regarding the weapons and they are not refined in the manner your link IMAGINES them to be.

Your link then adds the satellite microwave SENSORS with HPM weapons together with little more then speculation.

I find it very disturbing that people don't even seem to be willing to even consider that these could be beams from our own satellites through human-designed templates. I don't understand why so many people seem to readily accept the unlikely explanations of weather anomolies on the one hand (might explain a single simple circle but not the sort of patterns that have become common now), or UFOs on the other, but yet rejecting the far more likely possibility that they are generated (for fun or not) by our own military and science technicians!

What I find disturbing is that you will take a websites claims at face value, a site you state scares you, without even conducting some basic research yourself.

Do you think perhaps what they're really testing is not so much the science technology but the propaganda technique? The authorities sure have been successful in squelching public interest in what is a fascinating and mysterious phenomena and keeping those who are interested in it from asking the obvious questions.

If its a propoganda technique, it has failed misreably. The authorities have not supressed public interest at all as there are many thriving businesses, tours, conferences, DVD's, calenders, Conventions, websites........etc etc all surrounding crop circles. So that has been a resounding fail too!
The vast majority of the public do not consider it mysterious. From my experience, the real propoganda is from those that have created a myth around Crop Circles.

Don't look at the man behind the curtain.

The problem is, many people seem be creating "men" and the "curtains". Especially regarding crop circles. Your link is no different.

One thing to consider with the Microwave concept is this.
A typical wheat plant has 5 to 7 nodes on it.
In most cc formations, the claim is that only one node is bent, near the base.

Tell me how a Satellite can emit microwave beams from space that only effect one part of the plant, only one node? And that node is at the bottom of the plant.
There is no way you can make a microwave effect one particular part of the plant from that sort of distance.
Think about that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Sorry I embarrassed you in front of everyone. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That is a lot to think about and I thank you for making the points you did. You caught a bit of subterfuge on that link that I hadn't noticed. I don't take everything I read at face value, of course. I doubt most people on this site do. I was inclined to accept a bit more than perhaps I should have because it was the first thing I've found that actually addresses the suspicions I had about the subject. So I jumped on it. Oops.

You seem to be quite knowledgable about the technologies that may be involved. What is your own opinion on the phenomena?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply.

I have been studying the phenomena for years. I believe that they are man made. You can track a progression of complexity and size that is typical of humans. The concepts, designs are relative to human knowledge, culture, astronomy etc. etc.

I could go on, but I linked a thread where I discuss my beliefs, and the evidence I have that leads me to believe what I believe.

Take care.
Atlasastro.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thank you so much! I didn't get the link though, could you try again?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I think they are man made.
Here is why.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join