It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Ending Loveless Orgasm Is The Fingerprint to Enlightenment Than Veganism Is The Full Body Resurre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pythein

I too am agnostic Thank you for your response i read it and will give you a Star for such a great response.

Peace my brother !

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Highly evolved beings in other words surely do not eat the meat of tortured animals.

Here on earth, at least for the time being if you must eat meat, please eat organic "happy meat" and not the meat of tortured animals, thanks.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Everything is energy we are all made of the same thought energy or prana as they call it in the east. The difference is our perception so the idea that meat is any worse or better for you then plants is an illusion. You must learn to accept/assimilate what you eat. If you eat something with the thought it is harmful to you then it will be. Most of the cattle we eat are not tortured they are ranged for the most part. Chickens are a different story. I was a vegan for a couple years and it did seem to enhance spirituality but I noticed I was having memory problems after a while so had to get back on meat and my memory came back to normal. So as some have said one size does not fit all. If you are happy being vegan and not having any side effects more power to you.

The biggest problem with our meat is hormones and vaccines IMO. So I do agree that you should eat organic as much as possible.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i stopped reading at the egotistical claim that the op has reached enligthenment.

i would personally have better things to do than talk about my enlightened self on the internet just to try to convert others into the lifestyle that suits me better. wich is such an enlightened thing to do.

Op everything in the universe has a soul a hint of spiritual energy. from plants you eat to your beloved animals, now the thing is, to sustain a physical form, one has to consume other elements vital and etheric force.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

as the earth one day will consume us too.

we shall became fertilizer for plants and feeding grounds for animals.

the issue here is a non issue.

the op is not enligtened at all, in fact just seems worried about its own perishable and soon to be useless organic vessel.

a true enlightened individual is the one apologizing to the grass for stepping on it, not the one eating it.

be thankfull for every piece of life that can sustain yours. it did not "die" in vain.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Short and sweet- I get what you're saying and I have considered becoming a vegetarian multiple times. But I just love bbq WAY too much!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Biologically, I am an omnivore. Therefore, I should eat both animals and plants. I also think that if Mother Nature had a problem with me eating meat, then all animals would be herbivores.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
In a Biblical sense, God has put all animalsand everything(fruits/veggies) on this great earth for us with all his grace. Uncle Ted Nugent will gladly tell you the same.
There is a major difference from Michael Vick and Uncle Ted. If you can not see it, then you truly are blind.
I have nothing against Vegans, my bro inlaw is a vegan, but I do not need to push meat onto his beliefs.
He can do and eat as he pleases as I do and we remain happy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Heh... Heh... Enlightened? Step aside, please...

In all reality, let's be fair. Plants and even rocks have and are expressing consciousness. They have incarnated on Earth and deserve every right to flourish freely, without invading species... or do they?

That's where the kicker comes in... We are living in duality. This structure is currently inescapable.

...Sometimes when I fire up my juicer and shred fresh carrots, apples, and celery, I can't help but think of reptilians processing and eating humans alive in deep underground bases...

On a lighter note, I can attest that veganism is great for cleansing the body and can do wonders for energy through the fresh foods and increased life force consumption. Rotting meat deep inside the colon isn't on my wish list, but I won't abstain due to any moral dilemmas. This ride is almost over, enjoy it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What about wet dreams? Also please have mercy on plants; they at least provide oxygen whereas animals consume it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If it is possible and comfortable to eat less then is it not then easier for you body to deal with, wearing out all your parts ,if you can get all the energy from light easily digestible foods filling your body full of nutrients and vitamins then why fill your self full of complex hard to digest foods. It all turns to poo anyway,

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
oooh, c'mon.... not this again....
i've had several "fights" with some vegans about this... listen, i don't care if you're vegan and think you're going to be enlightned for that or you're just doing it because the pooooooooooor animals that die so we can have a sunday barbeque while watching a football match, but please, don't mess with my dish. It was your option not to eat meat, mine is to eat it. Period.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You cant compare a animal soul to a human soul. Its like comparing day and night, they are two seperate things. But yet means the same. Animal souls (according to my own view) know their purpose here on the planet, to nurisch other species and Mother Earth. So the animal soul is all one, their is no individual soul like the humans have.

So i have to dissagree with you on eating the soul part because they know they are gonna be eaten because that is their purspose of their time here on Mother earth.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I've been a vegetarian most of my life. I was very young when I made the decision not to eat meat and wasn't influenced by anyone, and I wasn't aware of animal cruelty at that time... I just loved animals and the thought of eating them made me feel uneasy. Just because I don't eat meat doesn't make me more enlightened or wiser than people who do.

"Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends." ~George Bernard Shaw

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years.

But really many people have known me for 5 or10 years and not even known, been suprised when get me a burger and refuse etc, then explain....

The problem with lot's of things in life is a form of evangelicalism or pushing our morals on others.

I agree with one part of the OP that it is helpfull in spiritual progress for a number of reasons,

It develop's compassion,

It strengthens will, and control of passions and mind

It is healthier for us

It uses less energy, water food etc for each kg produced.

However I have met many "enlightened" as called people in life, white robes and all, ascended masters apparently, indigo children and familes, all or rather most are "style warriors" and are as fake as the Smiles on the Hill. With all their apparent "purity" and "guru" or "enlightened" status they may look the part, but spend a lot of time with these sorts of people and soon the truth is shown. These very "ascended" or "awakened" people have been observed by me doing some of the meanest, and wrong things possible.

I have and do know people, never mention such high lofty terms, go hunting, dont even think or talk of spirituality, but are consistently and quietly modest, kind, loyal truthfull and loving, and imho a lot closer to enlightenment eating meat and all, killing and cooking it than 90% of the "style warriors"

I will leave the words of the Buddha to explain what I am trying to convey about this.

It is what comes out of the mouth that defiles and pollutes your body and mind, NOT what is put into it.

An vegetarian who lies, is full of ego, takes money for "spiritual" teachings etc, pretends to have reached levels they have not, has much much worse Karma than eating meat.

Its good but has to be taken in context of the person and life, it on its own means very little if the rest of the life is full of lies, ego and lack of love.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 28-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lab-grown meat could be coming to a fast-food chain near you,

Cheers, this will end the human slaughtering of 50 billion animals a year.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

Cheers? Maybe this is sarcasm but I'm sorry it is nothing to joke about, this will not be done out of compassion for animals, only out of interest for the greediest of our species. Animals on a mass scale will still be slaughtered for no good reason by the ignorant and greedy for many other reasons. Plus, who wants to eat food genetically modified by the slaves of these greed-ball corps who have no interest in your health; physically, mentally or spiritually, but only in a dollar? This is nothing to cheer for my friend.

Peace.

ETA: Ok my apologies, I just seen your other thread on this and understand your position. Still nothing to joke about but at least you are fighting the good fight.
edit on 29-5-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

The meat better taste as good or I'm going to pay people to slaughter animals for me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry but if you disavow meat from your diet it will have tragic consequences on your health. I needn't point it out because I"m sure you're well aware of what I'm referring to. If not, visit: www.powerofmeat.com...

Meat is on the food pyramid because it's necessary. It's not optional without supplements and careful dieting. Well, that's what they say. But that's not how it worked out for me...

In my own experience, eating a vegan diet was the worst thing I ever did. My doctor put me on it because he was concerned about me eating so much meat and red meat and a health issue i've had for 20 years. He had me on supplements to replace any missing nutrients that I would have got from the meats (what a chore it was!). For 3 weeks I woke up exhausted and lethargic throughout the day. I couldn't live like that. To make a long story short, I switched doctors and returned to my previous animal-based diet. I'm glad I did because I am back to my normal energetic self and feel 100%. I don't know about other people, but I'm just sharing my story.

In the future we will eat lab-grown (not directly taken from a live animal) meat:
www.independe nt.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/labgrown-meat-could-be-coming-to-a-fastfood-chain-near-you-2290694...

So with two links I have swiftly destroyed the entire OP's post.

Nonetheless, I agree that factory farms are a animal-rights issue. That's why I support local farms. They both respect and truly depend on their livestock. They're the real deal. It's true that they butcher, but the animals are free range and have a chance to live reasonable lives. I approach this by looking at history. Historically, animals have been a part of our diet. We've been killing them like this for thousands of years. It may not be pretty to imagine a farmer doing the messier work, but it's necessary (until we have lab grown meat) and it's probably one of the most spiritual things we can contemplate in our lives. The taking of another life to sustain our own. We do it whether we're aware of it or not. I never eat the flesh of another animal without saying a prayer and vowing to respect animals. It's truly a way to connect with the universe holistically.
edit on 29-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

oh yeah, antagonizing meat eaters is the true road to enlightment..

so what about lab grow meat?

it's not like you arent already eating GMO crops since monsanto did a great job in wiping out most of the natural strains and seeds, not to mention all them lovely pesticides that they say they dont add but they do anyway.

congratulations for further proving to us your enlightened status.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join