It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Volcano Eruption at Sakurajima caused by HAARP? 04/30/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I didn't find this video on ATS. I feel like this could be fake, because with a video this clear I feel like there would have been more about it in the news. However, it looks real to my untrained eye. Maybe some other members can tell.

It seems most pronounced around 1:30

(For some reason the left side of the video is cutoff when I view it in the forum. Watch it on Youtube to see the full picture.)
edit on 5/27/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Interesting thats a lot of electricity, very suspicious. There is going to be a hoard of people saying that's normal in an eruption but to my knowledge I'm not so sure. My guess is the video is correct in saying HAARP because of the extreme amount of flashs of electricity. Good Find S+F
edit on 27-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
I didn't find this video on ATS. I feel like this could be fake, because with a video this clear I feel like there would have been more about it in the news.

1. Sakurajima is one of Japans most active volcanos.
wiki

2. Why do you think its a fake? This volcano has been erupting on and off ever since humans were invented

3. Its HAS been in the news, and several ATS threads even mention it if you'd bothered to do a search.

4. Dissapointed with the obligatory blaming of HAARP based on nothing except your imagination.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Volcano Lightning is not uncommon, though the exact cause is still up for debate.

How lightning forms in general is still debated among scientists, and volcanic lightning is even less well understood. What is mostly agreed upon is that the process starts when particles separate, either after a collision or when a larger particle breaks in two. Then some difference in the aerodynamics of these particles causes the positively charged particles to be systematically separated from the negatively charged particles. Lightning is the electrical flow that results when this charge separation becomes too great for air to resist the flow of electricity.

Link

As for for HAARP?, I don't see any evidence that would suggest that this is anything other than a natural occurrence. But then again, I am not a vulcanologist.

And the clear video? well it is 2011 why cant there be high quality webcams recording volcanoes?

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

It's a Plasma Discharge. Don't know if you'd say it's normal, it's certainly impressive, but I don't know how we can say HAARP caused it when there's no other data except a video that says HAARP is the culprit.

Don't get me wrong, I've been researching into HAARP for many months now, but we can't just say this is caused by them without any other real evidence.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I dont know if its HAARP, Volano Lightning, or Plasmic discharge. It looks damn cool!
Good find, S&F

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Hi newbie here, there is a YouTube channel of the eruptions psted daily. the users name is cubhf137. he Has a lot of vids that are pretty interesting.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisSilentGuy
reply to post by Drezden

Hi newbie here, there is a YouTube channel of the eruptions psted daily. the users name is cubhf137. he Has a lot of vids that are pretty interesting.

Yea i have to agree. Their is some good vids there. Thanx for pointing that out noob!..lol jks

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
1. Sakurajima is one of Japans most active volcanos.
wiki

2. Why do you think its a fake? This volcano has been erupting on and off ever since humans were invented

3. Its HAS been in the news, and several ATS threads even mention it if you'd bothered to do a search.

4. Dissapointed with the obligatory blaming of HAARP based on nothing except your imagination.

1 & 2. lol.. I wasn't calling the volcano eruption fake. My word, that would be quite some fancy editing for a video that's only gotten a few thousand views. (The eruption certainly isn't fake). I was wondering if the lightening or electricity was a fake added effect, because it's so intense.

3. Why are you so angry and rude? I did do a search with multiple keywords, and didn't find a thread with this video.

4. Why are you so angry and rude? The title of this thread is the title of the video. I didn't make the video. I also stated in my original post that I wasn't sure if this was real/HAARP.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
And the clear video? well it is 2011 why cant there be high quality webcams recording volcanoes?

Just my opinion.

What I am saying about the clarity of the video is that if this was a natural occurrence (which it could be), I feel like more news stations should have shown this video, and specifically pointed out this beautiful display of electricity (or whatever it is) because news channels often run footage of far less interesting forces of nature.

I'm not calling the video fake because of the video quality. Just that because the video quality is so good it would have been a great thing to give a lot of exposure on. I also said it looks to be real.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How lightning forms in general is still debated among scientists, and volcanic lightning is even less well understood. What is mostly agreed upon is that the process starts when particles separate, either after a collision or when a larger particle breaks in two. Then some difference in the aerodynamics of these particles causes the positively charged particles to be systematically separated from the negatively charged particles. Lightning is the electrical flow that results when this charge separation becomes too great for air to resist the flow of electricity

geology.com...

WTH has this got to do with HAARP?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As mentioned above that guy has other videos showing the same blue light/electricity happening during the recent Earthquake in Japan. The light is happening over the water where the fault line is.

The fact that it's happening during a volcano eruption and an earthquake is interesting. The lights cannot be defined in detail from that distance, but it's happening over the ocean, so it's not a downed power line or something similar.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

So scientists aren't sure how lightening is formed, and they are even less sure of volcanic lightening? And only the people who created HAARP fully understand HAARP. Yet you know? Please share more than a rhetorical question and enlighten me please.

Here is a video of what volcanic lightening looks like, I hope you'll spot the difference:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

uhm...?
i'd like to know why you think HAARP is to blame for that volcano eruption?

it was raining yesterday, can i blame that on HAARP?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

There is a question mark in the title of this thread. In my original post, I express doubt, and nowhere lay 100% responsibility on HAARP. In the post above you can see a video of what other documented volcanic lightening looks like, which is quite different from the video in the original post.

I found an interesting video and wanted to show it. I expressed no absolutes. Yet you have, you believe this isn't HAARP without a doubt. I'm asking you to please share the information that makes you so sure, so informed discussion can occur.

If you want to stick to snarky sarcasm that's fine. ATS is no better than the comments under a Justin Bieber youtube video. Where has civil discourse gone?
edit on 5/27/2011 by Drezden because: punctuation

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

sorry if i sounded rude, i admit my previous posts werent great.
i do beleive there might be some truth in HAARP being able to cause stuff like this, but i dont see anything in that vid that would suggest it was involved.
Theres dozens of different kinds of lightning, so i'd assume theres atleast a few different varietys of volcano lighning.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree that it is pretty awesome video and it should have been on the news.

But the news is too busy with american idol and other ridiculous crap.

Add: Here are some good images of volcano lightning

edit on 27-5-2011 by watchitburn because: images

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Oh my god, those pictures look like the end of the world.

top topics

join