It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses Founders Believed In Ancient Alien Theory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

"The Constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning centre around which the known system of the planets revolve even as our suns planet obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwellingplace of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens; that is the place to which the inspired writer referred to when he said: "Hear thou from thy dwellingplace, even from heaven" (2 Chronicles6:21) ; and that it is the place to which Job referred when under inspiration he wrote: "Canst thou blind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion" – Job 38:31"

The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared to the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God.

J. F. Rutherford, Reconciliation, 1928, p. 14.

Alcyone, then, as far as science has been able to perceive, would seem to be 'the midnight throne' in which the whole system of gravitation has its central seat, and from which the Almighty governs the universe.

C.T. Russell, Thy Kingdom Come

This quote came from Seiss' book, Miracle in Stone or The Great Pyramid of Egypt published in 1877 (Also a source for Russell's pyramidology). The Pyramid was viewed as "God's Stone Witness" that pointed to the Pleiades as the place were God lived. The connection between the Pyramid and the Pleiades starts with the book's cover which has a drawing of the Pyramid and seven stars (the Pleiades). In this book Seiss claimed (based on Smyth's earlier work) that when the Pyramid was first built, the entrance passage:

... pointed to a [Alpha] Draconis, the then pole star, at its lower culmination, at the same time that the Pleiades, particularly Alcyone, the centre of the group, were in the same meridian above.

In the September 10, 1924 Golden Age they were still echoing Smyth and Seiss' words about the Pyramid pointing to the Pleiades when it was first built:

... the position of the Pleiades at the time of the completion of the Great Pyramid of Egypt, "God's Stone Witness," is a very prominent feature of that building in the midst of the land of Egypt. For these and other reasons Bible Students have good cause to believe that in the region of the Pleiades is located the throne of Jehovah God,...

Because it was viewed as being where Jehovah lived (heaven) it was worthy of the Bible Students reverence (worship?) and study:

If somewhere in the space among the Pleiades is the throne of God, then this group is worthy of our most reverent study.

source

I ran across this... I was born and raised a JW and had never heard about this... very interesting...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because JW tend to minimize previous teachings that where deemed false, or just plain silly to modern times.

I was raised around JW, some of my good friends growing up where and are JW's we used to discuss things like this at length. Including many of the false prophecy, do you know about Moses house in San Diego?
edit on 27-5-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Jehovah's Witnesses
Main article: Unfulfilled predictions of Jehovah's Witnesses
Charles Taze Russell, the first president of the Watch Tower Society, calculated 1874 as the year of Christ's Second Coming, and taught that Christ was invisibly present and ruling from the heavens since that year.[24][25][26][27] Russell proclaimed Christ's invisible return in 1874,[28] the resurrection of the saints in 1875,[29] and predicted the end of the "harvest" and the Rapture of the saints to heaven for 1878,[30] and the final end of "the day of wrath" in 1914.[31] 1874 was considered the end of 6,000 years of human history and the beginning of judgment by Christ.[32] A 1917 Watch Tower Society publication predicted that in 1918, God would begin to destroy churches and millions of their members.[33]
J.F. Rutherford, who succeeded Russell as president of the Watch Tower Society, predicted that the Millennium would begin in 1925, and that biblical figures such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David would be resurrected as "princes". The Watch Tower Society bought property and built a house, Beth Sarim, in California for their return.[34]
From 1966, statements in Jehovah's Witness publications raised strong expectations that Armageddon would arrive in 1975. In 1974 Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system" in full time preaching.[35] In 1976 The Watchtower advised those who had been "disappointed" by the failure of the predictions for 1975 to adjust their viewpoint because their understanding had been "based on wrong premises",[36] but four years later the Watch Tower Society admitted its responsibility in building up hope regarding 1975

edit on 27-5-2011 by benrl because: sources, info

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sweeping statement I know but isn't all religion based at least in part, or dependent on astrological applications to astronomical actions? An ignorance of the Universe the ancients tended to one degree or another anthropamorphise or manipulate in the seeking of influence and power?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds more like speculation than a belief.

Also, from the quotes you included, there is nothing to suggest a belief in "aliens". Seems that they were conjecturing about a possible dwelling place of God.

So, it's just a sensationalist headline.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

yes, I've been there.. I grew up in San Diego so it was one of those things that got talked about tht wasn't suppost to be...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

an alien is simpy a life form which exists on another planet, right...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ATS MODS -- Can you add a smily face with a fishing pole for me?? I would love to post a line of fishing smiley's at someone "fishing" with a great thread title!! I am lured in once again for nothing other than a waste of time because the OP just wanted to throw ALIENS in the title to get people to read about Jehobo's....No thanks

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Jmmanuel came from the pleiades ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

ummm.... do you peoplle even know what the ancient alien theory is... I'm not fishing for anything... and furthermore this isn't anything any ''Jehobo'' would want you to read...

edit on 27-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Read your thread title and explain it to me.....I may be an idiot and just don't see where Aliens fit in here....Which I found is the case sometimes, so prove me wrong and I will admit I am an idiot...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

isn't an alien a lifeform which lives on another planet... This is evidence that JW's had the belief tha Jehovah is a plaedian... where is the problem here... did you look at the source article...

The ancient alien, or astronaut, theory is that what were described as gods in ancient times were really just alien beings with great power and technology..

here is more info on pleiadians... arcturi.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well I still don't feel like an idiot, but thanks for trying....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Well I still don't feel like an idiot, but thanks for trying....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"Jehovah" is not the Father's name.

It's impossible. I love pointing this out to JWs.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The mormons also believe Heavenly Father is from another planet. I cannot recall the name but the Osmond's had an album with its name once. Starts with an M I think.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Pleiades is a cluster of stars in the Constellation of Taurus (as looking from Earth).

The stars are young, thought to be around 100 million years old. They are 50 times younger than our Sun.

They are 60 times brighter than our Sun. Our Sun would not be visible to the naked eye from Earth, if it was in the Pleiades.

I doubt if 100 million years is long enough for planets to form and Humanoid life form to evolve on it.

Perhaps Jehovah was mistaken.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I "lost" a family member to Teh Watchtower. The way they split up family members and make them cut off contact with non-JW family is a particular abomination IMHO. They got their hooks in his money, too. Oh youbetcha.

The thing that I don't get is that they are such a dour, humorless, rigid and boring cult that I don't see what the attraction is. The Children of God roped people in with sex, Manson used chemicals, and even Scentology used goofy pseudo-tech. But what exactly does JW bring to the table? Blue-haired old ladies and eternal damnation for a single cigarette? I don't get the appeal.

Are there any "secret teachings"? Like, after a certain level do you get to study the Tantric Left-Hand Path of JW? Some of the info in this thread is pretty interesting. What other esoteric JW secrets can we dig up?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I have a close friend who is a MS (one level lower than elder) and this thread is total crap.

The JW's have never taught this and they have printed magazines and books from the start. Is this written in any of their publications? If not then this thread should be moved to the SKUNK bin.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Every religions has some sort of cosmic relationships.
Dating way back from ancient astros i suppose.
But then again, i have to realise, i read what they want me to read.
So many versions, interpretations and bad translations.
I like stories from South America about ancient alliens tho. )

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
"Jehovah" is not the Father's name.

It's impossible. I love pointing this out to JWs.

So is that all that you say when you tell them? No explanation why? Worthless post!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join