It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah To Follow Texas Lead In TSA Grope-down Revolt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

www.bestmetalresearch.com

Rep. Wimmer, a long time champion of states rights, told the Utah Daily Herald that it is untrue that the federal government has supremacy over the state of Texas in the matter.

“The absolute overbearing audacity of the federal government in threatening Texas while Texas is trying to protect their citizens should really offend any red-blooded American,” Wimmer said, adding that the issue has been transformed from solely a Fourth Amendment concern to an assault on the Tenth Amendment and states rights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Original link: www.prisonplanet.com

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It looks like even though Texas has failed in it's bid to protect it's citizen's from unreasonable search in accordance with the 4th Amendment to the Constitution, that other States have taken up the banner and demanding laws to reign in the TSA. Other articles concerning this subject at the above listed site.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
All it takes is one person to start a chain reaction through simply being aware, the rest will follow as is being seen now. It's nice to see these bullies being put in their place. Quite honestly, if it's not done right now, it will be too late to do anything about it 2 yrs from now.
good followup post!

Originally posted by redgreen

Rep. Wimmer, a long time champion of states rights, told the Utah Daily Herald that it is untrue that the federal government has supremacy over the state of Texas in the matter.

“The absolute overbearing audacity of the federal government in threatening Texas while Texas is trying to protect their citizens should really offend any red-blooded American,” Wimmer said, adding that the issue has been transformed from solely a Fourth Amendment concern to an assault on the Tenth Amendment and states rights.

Related News Links:
Original link: www.prisonplanet.com

edit on 27-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Texas reps were cowards not to call the fed's bluff. No way the feds would have cancelled all domestic air travel in Texas. Can you image the public rage? Instead, they got all weak-kneed in the face of blackmail. Let's hope Utah reps have more cohones.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All I can say is that anyone who supports the constitution is my hero, whether they're military, veteran, congressman or inmate. Yay Utah....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What you guys need is like at least 5-10 states all push at the same time and not back down. That would put i kink in their chain i bet.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is what I like to see! With all the civil unrest and revolts against governments in this world, it's only a matter of time before the people of the US do the same.

It only takes a spark to create a forest fire. The fire is spreading.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good for Utah.. I hope some big states like Cali or New York join up for this to get some bigger exposure.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Good for Utah.. I hope some big states like Cali or New York join up for this to get some bigger exposure.

California seems to have a rebellious streak and yet its financial situation makes it very dependent upon certain federal funding. I don't expect to see New York do anything to undermind the feds -- ever. At least so long as the feds still exist and retain any power at all. New York is like the role model police state.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So how long before the FEDs threaten war on Utah too?

Threatening to impose a no-fly zone over Texas if they passed that bill was a threat of war. A no-fly zone is an act of war.

The feds are the real terrorists.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

Good find RedGreen!!

Maybe we can see something like this spread to a few other states...................And, hopefully we get behind them so that they do not fold like Texas did.

Parker

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The no-fly-zone for Texas stuff is a total bluff. If they actually tried to do that they would only be shooting themselves in the foot and putting the final nails in their own coffin.

The feds get a lot of money from Texas. Hurting Texas' economy is only hurting themselves.

And what when all the Texan people, and Americans all over the country backlash against the feds for acting like toddlers throwing a temper tantrum?

Let's try to see them try to assemble an army to invade Texas like they did during the Civil War. The reason half the states seceded during the war between the states was because Lincoln had ordered the invasion of South Carolina, which was unheard of and seen as severe treason. In today's age, as unpopular as the fed is now, they have no legs to stand on anymore. If they did the same thing today people from every single state in this union would rise up against them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The feds get a lot of money from Texas. Hurting Texas' economy is only hurting themselves.

The feds don't care. They'll just ask the FED to print the money.

If they did the same thing today people from every single state in this union would rise up against them.

With Obama in power? And all the corrupt governors and legislators across the states? No way.

A lot of people would rise up, but not the states. I bet most Obamabots would still support him to go after those ``treasonous republican bastards`` or some insane twisted logic like that.

But yeah, in reality, the feds would probably back down.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the terrorist regime called America.

They are doing it right out in the open now.
It is in our face now!
They don't even care that you know anymore!
They are flat out threatening Texas and making an example for any states that want to follow.

Our Federal Government sure does look like a bigger enemy and a bigger threat to my freedom than
......."THE TERRORISTS"!!! Dun dun dahhhhh!!!!

Can anyone here honestly tell me the last time a terrorist deprived you of freedom???
Can anyone here honestly tell me the last time a terrorist deprived you of Liberty???
Can anyone here honestly tell me the last time a terrorist deprived you of Happiness???
Can anyone here honestly tell me the last time a terrorist deprived you of the rights afforded to you in the constitution bought with the blood of the men who founded this country?????

Helloooooo?????

Now,

can anyone tell me the last time the Federal Government deprived you of freedom????
can anyone tell me the last time the Federal Government deprived you of Liberty???
can anyone tell me the last time the Federal Government deprived you of Happiness???
can anyone tell me the last time the Federal Government deprived you of the rights afforded to you in the
constitution bought with the blood of the men who founded this country?????

Come on folks, this is a no brainer.
This works whether it is country against country or in a bar fight!!

The first and most important element in winning a war,battle or fight is?????

Knowing THAT you are in a war,battle,fight!!!

The second most important element????

Knowing WHO you are at war,battle or in a fight WITH!!!!

The third most important element????

WHY are you at war,battle fighting????

We know we are at war!!
We know WHY!! It is for our freedoms!!!
But we don't know WHO the real enemy is because we were lied to and told our enemy is
a people who wish us (the citizens) no harm!!

It isn't hard to figure out who the REAL enemy is.

Have you ever been out to a bar with a friend who always gets you into fights??
I Have.
Every damned time we would go out he would get us into trouble and I would have to support the cause usually by lending my fists.
It didn't take me long to realize that the people who I put into the hospital were never really my enemies after all.
It was HIM!! It was always HIM!!!
It was my "friend".
HE was the problem, not these other guys!!

Your government is your problem people.
Not "the terrorists"
Not the "boogie man"
Not the President
Not the Dems or the Rebublicans.
Not Alqaeda!!

The Government may be the current "problem"
but the true enemy is you You YOU!!!!
You are your own worst enemy.

Just like it was my own damned fault for going out with my "friend" who would always get me into fights.
I was my own enemy for allowing it to happen.
Once I realized this....IT STOPPED, because I stopped!

Once the citizens STOP allowing their rights to be trampled on IT WILL STOP!!!!!!
PERIOD!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Congradulations, you are now a suspected terrorist.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

Lmaooo @ ever thinking New York or Cali would ever rebel.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
While the senators are spinless jellyfish, the people of Texas are not. WE have your back Utah. Fight the good fight, stay strong and know that we are with you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I don't expect to see New York do anything to undermind the feds -- ever. At least so long as the feds still exist and retain any power at all. New York is like the role model police state.

Aw it's really not that bad here.......or maybe I'm just brainwashed and used to it?

I do agree, NY will never go against the feds, the Washington-NYC connection is too great. Although it makes me think that when the SHTF maybe New York will still be somewhat intact since it is pretty much the NWO. If not, i'll be over in Canada waiting it out. Already have the plans set up.

btw I'm in western NY

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Our concept of freedom is warped now days. Are we really free? We are video taped everywhere we go, our purchases are cataloged, our phones can be used to find us anywhere, we must provide ID to board buses, airplanes and trains, we are required to provide ID whenever LEO asks! This is not the freedom I learned about in grade school, and I am only 53.

I am glad that Osama was taken out but he was successful. This nation is now so accustomed to bowing down for the pretense of safety that we allow our children to be groped, wives to be groped and men to be groped. Imagine trying to do that in the 60's. It is time for us to stand up and wake up. I don't know what it is going to take for the American people to wake up, I just don't.

I can only hope that Texas will get back in the game along with Utah and fight this. Sadly I live in NY and any hopes of this state fighting anything is nil.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Charlie Sheen, is that you?
Gene, Gene Simmons are you toying with us?

Seriously tho, I remember when the feds did a similar move with states that voted for decrimializing marajuana or even legalizing medical marajuana, like Alaska and Hawaii. They were threatened with transportaion funds being cut off. More states need to "uprise" for this to have any effect of the feds. Things still may be able to change. think positive. Time will tell. Lets ballot the TSA B$%$srds state by state.
edit on 28-5-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join