It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL: Police are ABOVE the law in the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Don't worry!

Some people are just born with a violent fascistic mindset - they can't help it, it's a mental retardation really!

They sadly get a rush and feel sexually aroused from violently assaulting a handicapped person in a weelchair - that is just one of the key trademarks of Fascism, they really hate handicapped people.

Just take a look a former Fascist societies and see what they did with their handicapped people in those societies - they tortured and exterminated most of their handicapped while enjoying every second of doing it.

Ya! this is the clinical insane mentality of Fascism, the phycological disorder and the sick bastards we're dealing with here

Other people in addition to this, also lack basic common sense & empathy for other human beings - and unfortunately, they often end up being the tools of a fascist system in a broken & corrupt society.

Morally corrupt politicians and their henchmen, their stormtrooper thugs with badges and their apologists - they are all the same. They are the degenerated minions & intellectual midgets of a fascistic Banking Cartel system on the wrong side in this war against the people.

Eventually, they will lose! and the karmatic response will be a bitch!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

If you want to condemn the police simply because they are the police, then that's your perogative.

The protests before this happened turned violent. Anyone who thought that this one wouldn't turn violent was either spectacularly naive or, frankly, stupid.

Now I don't know about you, but common sense to me dictates that if you don't want to be mishandled by police in riot gear, its best to avoid being at the front of a protest taunting those very same police while other people around you are throwing stones, bottles, bricks etc at them.

You then have to ask yourself just how difficult is it to get a wheelchair to the front of a protest like that. Just think about that for a moment - how many hundreds of people were there?

The guy was there, because he wanted to be there. What happened to him was a result of him being there.

edit on 28/5/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

And here's the issue I have with ideologies like yours.

You assume, that people have no right to protest. And even if they do have a right to protest, they must do so in a non-protesting manner.

You assume, that genuine protesters turn these riots violent. While it has been proven(over and over and over again) that agent provocateurs are the root cause of these violent acts.

The protests before this happened turned violent. Anyone who thought that this one wouldn't turn violent was either spectacularly naive or, frankly, stupid.

Why oh Why would they have turned violent.

Now I don't know about you, but common sense to me dictates that if you don't want to be mishandled by police in riot gear, its best to avoid being at the front of a protest taunting those very same police while other people around you are throwing stones, bottles, bricks etc at them.

Sure, if you want to avoid protesting why protest? I get you. Common sense dictates that protesters in Western countries are beaten up by riot geared police(it didn't but now it does). Common sense dictates that a guy in a wheelchair is just there to lure a riot geared police dude into beating him up?

Sure, if you want to avoid getting hurt you shouldn't go to places you can get hurt. But what if that place is the only place you can voice your opinion?

You then have to ask yourself just how difficult is it to get a wheelchair to the front of a protest like that. Just think about that for a moment - how many hundreds of people were there?

Difficult? So if you were at, lets say a concert you wouldn't let the guy in a wheelchair behind you take a space in front of you? Even if only to have a better view/not be hassled/pushed by *a huge moving mass of people around them?

Really?

The guy was there, because he wanted to be there. What happened to him was a result of him being there.

So, that means that the cop wanted to bash the dudes face in but he was forced to be there. What happened was a result of him being there...

Come on.. you can't be serious. The revolutionaries who got you your freedom from religious and royal authorities are turning in their graves.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Zamini because: *

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Under modern political correctness, disabled persons must be treated exactly the same as everyone else. We cannot discriminate.

You wanted it, you got it

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

And all the better if the Agent Provacateurs are in wheelchairs

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And at these prorests we have under cover police, who are there to ensure that it turns violent. To justify their carreers. Just think if they did their job properly, then they would all be on the dole. Same with the prison servise. Its all just a racket to keep them in a job and to earn money to keep the system running.
probation officers, judges, police, prison guards, clerks of the court, solicitors, lawyers ect ect ect
Justice? That depends on who you know and how much money you have.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Really? You're going there?

Personally, I wouldn't. Even though it offers a fresh conspiracy perspective.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You assume, that people have no right to protest. And even if they do have a right to protest, they must do so in a non-protesting manner.

I assume nothing of the sort. People do have the right to protest. What they don't have is the right to damage property and throw bricks/stones/bottles and anything that they can get their hands on at other people.

You assume, that genuine protesters turn these riots violent. While it has been proven(over and over and over again) that agent provocateurs are the root cause of these violent acts.

Proven by whom? Those who want to stick it to the police any way they can? Colour me cynical.

Why oh Why would they have turned violent.

I'm assuming at this point that you have no idea what took place at the protests before this incident. If you do you wouldn't be asking. Was is the Police dropping fire extinguishers off the top of a building on to people below?

No.

You can play all innocent if you like. It doesn't wash. You know as well as I do that people like to go out and stick it "to the man" because they can. Bravado, stupidity, or just a passion for inciting violence because they have a chip on their shoulder against any kind of authority. The legitimate protest was hijacked by those who just wanted a ruck.

Sure, if you want to avoid protesting why protest? I get you. Common sense dictates that protesters in Western countries are beaten up by riot geared police(it didn't but now it does). Common sense dictates that a guy in a wheelchair is just there to lure a riot geared police dude into beating him up?

If you want to avoid protesting, you don't show up anywhere.
If you want to protest, you show up and act in a peaceful manner, away from where there is trouble. Simple really.

Sure, if you want to avoid getting hurt you shouldn't go to places you can get hurt. But what if that place is the only place you can voice your opinion?

If standing at the front of a mob throwing stuff at the police is the only place that someone thinks they can be heard then that's their problem. Strikes me its the last place anyone is going to pay them much attention. They will just get labelled in the media as yobs. idiots and troublemakers.

Difficult? So if you were at, lets say a concert you wouldn't let the guy in a wheelchair behind you take a space in front of you? Even if only to have a better view/not be hassled/pushed by *a huge moving mass of people around them?

Really?

Bit of a difference between a concert and a riot. Get real.

Come on.. you can't be serious. The revolutionaries who got you your freedom from religious and royal authorities are turning in their graves

The revolutionaries who got me my freedom installed a democratically elected government that is voted on every 5 years and who draft the laws of the land. They didn't give me the right to commit acts of violence against other people and wreck property - in fact they drew up laws against it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Of course, if you're a vulnerable disabled person in a wheelchair without any intent to cause, or be a part of trouble you are going to be on the front line of a potential riot, right?

Jody McIntyre is not quite what he seems.

I agree. Regardless of intent,you can make a case of overindulgence by the officers though. Its happening all over the world. Many cases,and many examples of extreme anger,both sides, due to the social ills of ones country.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Alright, it seems that you have a bias. I don't by the way, in fact around me I encourage people to always act rationally to police because honestly, the police are as biased as you.

That does not make it okay, to go around beating people up. Damage property? You think damaged property is more important than people having their voices heard?

You know, a while back in the Netherlands, a youngster was SHOT by a police officer - because he stole something from a supermarket and was running. Now mind you, what he stole was most likely a can of energy drink worth 29 cents. Do you think shooting an underage person is okay because the officer was protecting property?

throw bricks/stones/bottles and anything that they can get their hands on at other people.

Sure. Why not arrest those people instead of dragging people with disabilities across the floor? Why herd students together? Why would they not let people go home when they wanted to? It's because the police wanted this to happen, so they could take the steam out of the movement. It's done everywhere. I can give you an example with Iran but you're not going to like where that comparison will go to(acting out of comparable ideologies).

Proven by whom? Those who want to stick it to the police any way they can? Colour me cynical.

Actually, there is this site, Abovetopsecret.com and I've heard there are threads where videos are posted showing undercover police inciting violence in riots. Identified by the gear they wore, identified when they were let into police barricades.

I'm assuming at this point that you have no idea what took place at the protests before this incident. If you do you wouldn't be asking. Was is the Police dropping fire extinguishers off the top of a building on to people below?

So that makes it okay for ....whatever else that was not okay to take place. Great reasoning.

The legitimate protest was hijacked by those who just wanted a ruck.

Yes. The undercover police and the dumb clueless protester who follows the undercover police.

If you want to avoid protesting, you don't show up anywhere.
If you want to protest, you show up and act in a peaceful manner, away from where there is trouble. Simple really.

It's like taking the protest out of protesting. Brilliant, yes, but won't fly. This is an excuse used by many, many authoritarian regimes across the globe, whom I guess you don't have trouble criticizing.

If standing at the front of a mob throwing stuff at the police is the only place that someone thinks they can be heard then that's their problem. Strikes me its the last place anyone is going to pay them much attention. They will just get labelled in the media as yobs. idiots and troublemakers.

Obviously it worked if that was the intention. It also means your police force failed.

Bit of a difference between a concert and a riot. Get real.

Sure, but there is no difference in between one packed crowd and another packed crowd. Masses of people remain masses of people. Of course there is a difference in between intention, but no difference in mass, come on you know this...

The revolutionaries who got me my freedom installed a democratically elected government that is voted on every 5 years and who draft the laws of the land. They didn't give me the right to commit acts of violence against other people and wreck property - in fact they drew up laws against it.

If only you knew...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

So basically what you are saying is dont protest? Because those armed thugs in uniform will ALWAYS be at protests, and if you think they do not provoke then you have a lot to learn. Yes there were idiots there to cause trouble, but why? Were they there just to have an excuse to be violent, or did they have an incentive to be there? Agent provocateurs are not a new tactic used by governments and corporations being protested against.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for the way fully armed, built, fit men to treat Jody McIntyre, even if he was running his mouth off. None at all, and the cops involved abused their power regardless of the situation. They are bullies. They are thugs. But thats the way of the englishman. I bet you had a right good laugh at his expense.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And surprisingly council of Brighton and Hove have issued an open invitation to all protesters..

underlining that invitation with comments along the lines of "in todays climate it is almost a duty to protest."

I started a thread on it earlier.. since it seems to be denoting a shift in local government stance which places the Police in an interesting position.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I am no expert so I cant answer that, I would like to think its just mechanical but this whole situation is dirty so to rule out foul play is stupid. Maybe someone else can answer this more definitively?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join