It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL: Police are ABOVE the law in the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Police were justified in removing a man from his wheelchair during a violent demonstration against tuition fees in central London, Scotland Yard has said.

Jody McIntyre said he was tipped out of his chair and dragged across a road on 9 December, as well as being assaulted with a baton by an officer.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

I cannot reply further without breaking the TOS and the law.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is an interview about the event, where the presenter is obviously lining up for a job with FOX News

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes I just seen it on the news. Justified in battering a cripple and pulling him from his wheel chair. Im getting really fed up with these pubic servants. We need a revolution in this country. Its about time we dragged all those MPs out of office an strung the twats up from a lamp post.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Shame that most people in this country will probably think "thats #ed up" then they will go back to whatever and not give it a second thought. The fact is nobody in this country cares about stuff like this unless it happens to them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Do you think the jumps in the video between 3:30 & 3:50 are edits or faults in taping

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm afraid this is probably your average British response....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Edits is my guess but I couldnt swear on it. Still it was a shamefull act by the police and it happens all the time here in the UK.
I expect the whole place to errupt some time in the summer, with all the jobs losses and what have you. Guess the police will be on the front lines. So we know what we can expect from these public servants if it ever comes to a protest. Perhaps this is the govts way, to mitigate any offences caused by the police. At a future date.
edit on 27-5-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Shame that most people in this country will probably think "thats f'd up" then they will go back to whatever and not give it a second thought. The fact is nobody in this country cares about stuff like this unless it happens to them.

The fact is, most everybody cares. It's fear that keeps people from going any further. They fear for the well being of themselves, and their families.

Standing up to a tyrannical government will cost you a lot more than just your life. As I have said before, there are some bullies that can do much worse than beat you up. They can ruin your life, your reputation, and destroy the lives of those you love the most. And they never have to touch you physically to do it. (In most cases, anyway)

That's what ruling with fear is all about.

It will take a nation of very unhappy and proactive (reactive) people to bring down this tyrant. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The police are a politicized entity, staffed at the top by political and social climbers. As such, they will mete out whatever punishment the government want on members of the public. The more brutal that treatment is, the better as it makes clear who is boss!
A fine example is, as I see it, was the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes(sp) a few years ago. The government and, in particular, the Metropolitan Police had been spouting off about their get-tough shoot to kill policy when dealing with terrorism. As such they needed to prove the point, make an example and provide a bullet-ridden corpse to wave at the public in another "step out of line and this could be you" message.

The fact that they killed an innocent man, conspired to cover it up - both at the political and police levels - and promoted the officer running the operation AND the shooter long before any inquiry was allowed, shows the corruption and contempt. Not one person was sacked or held accountable. Job done, point made!

The police are now nothing more than government enforcers, not protectors of property or the public. As such, they get a free pass to hand out beatings, or worse, when the public get uppity and demand change from their aaleged representatives.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I will always feel the move to push the tuition fees up first was not only a deliberate provocation but was also designed to create this type of situation where the police are seen to be able to do what they want (discouraging further protests) while creating the illusion that all protesters are violent militant school kids... all in all a nasty bit of programming on the part of the establishment.

edit on 27/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Jody is lucid, intelligent and spot on the mark!. We have the same problem here in Canada with the police investigating themselves. There must absolutely be civilian oversight or this kind of disgusting and repulsive travesty will continue.

I fully agree with his opinion that he was dragged from the chair to provoke.
Otherwise, if he was in danger and they gave the slightest damn, why not just
1) talk with him about the danger for a moment to get his input (that doesn't require more than a moment) or
2) wheel him out of harm's way/or get his brother to do so?

And I'll be frank here. If I were in a wheelchair and physically vulnerable, I know I would not have the courage to join in any demonstration. So kudos to him.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Quit trying to impose American rights and law system on to other countries.

While British police may not have had grounds to pull this guy out of his wheelchair, they need a lot less grounds to do so than they would in the USA.

Americans have to realize that the rest of the world doesn't share their views of how to coddle their criminals.

Criminals have more rights in the USA than the average law abiding citizen, this isn't true in most other nations in the world.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So awful, yet it seems these types of things are becoming so common most people just shrug when they hear about them. It's absolutely a case of desensitizing the public to accept being abused. Then when people bring up a case of pigs attacking innocent civilians, people will just say "it's not like that's anything new.." and move long.

I really, really wish this poor guy could have 10 minutes alone with these pigs while they are tied up. Or better yet break their legs "misery" style and strap THEM into a wheelchair. Give him a cattle prod and a blow torch, let him make some extra crispy bacon he can share with his friends.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Quit trying to impose American rights and law system on to other countries.

While British police may not have had grounds to pull this guy out of his wheelchair, they need a lot less grounds to do so than they would in the USA.

Americans have to realize that the rest of the world doesn't share their views of how to coddle their criminals.

Criminals have more rights in the USA than the average law abiding citizen, this isn't true in most other nations in the world.

Actually the rest of the world does coddle their criminals. The only thing is that the criminals have a badge.

I don't know what your post even has to do with this thread. So a cripple with cerebral palsy doing nothing threatening is considered a criminal in Britain?

You see, what you fail to understand when you say "criminals have more rights in the USA" is that you are NOT a criminal until you are FOUND GUILTY BY A JURY OF YOU PEERS. Until then, you are a regular citizen suspected of a crime. Until you are found guilty, you should be treated with respect and civility by law enforcement. If that's what you consider coddling criminals, than I'm happy that we do that here. Unfortunately, we don't actually do that here in America. You are treated as if you are guilty just because some piggy has something against you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The problem is that 'law enforcement officers' are not enforcing the law, they are following directions that may, or may not be within the law. We need to hold them accountable. If not the LEO, then those who make the decisions.
The problem there is that they are protected by the establishment.

When they do that, they stop being 'law enforcement officers' and become lackies, and individuals.
They should be treated accordingly. If a LEO breaks the law, they are an outlaw.
If a LEO oversteps his or her authority, they stop being an LEO and become a thug.
If they did what they are paid to do, we wouldn't have any of these occurrences.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Of course, if you're a vulnerable disabled person in a wheelchair without any intent to cause, or be a part of trouble you are going to be on the front line of a potential riot, right?

Jody McIntyre is not quite what he seems.

edit on 28/5/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That's such bull#. I can say you are wrong. I live in the Netherlands. Besides, the real criminals are those wannabe criminals who lived all their lives in a safe little bubble.

Shush with this bull#. Go protect a company with your badge and gun

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Of course, if you're a vulnerable disabled person in a wheelchair without any intent to cause, or be a part of trouble you are going to be on the front line of a potential riot, right?

Jody McIntyre is not quite what he seems.

>Potential<

You lot like to use that word and pretend it means that the riot(incident in this case) was a full blown one beforehand. Perhaps you knew it would go from potential to full blown because the police always have agent provocateurs walking amongst protesters?

But it's okay, it's tough for some of you to show sympathy. I commend the young man for accidentally turning himself into some form of symbol, it's way smarter than just walking in a group of protesters that gets infiltrated by cops who then break the protest apart by inciting violence themselves. Ah well...

Edit:

I'm not talking to myself, I promise

edit on 28-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This isn't surprising at all. The police always seem to get away with atrocities, like the time that innocent Brazilian man was shot dead during 7/7 for "looking like a terrorist". They will always get away with it.

This, though... I don't get the policeman's logic. The useful thing about wheelchairs is that you can "move them about", so why on earth did he feel the need to drag the poor guy onto the ground?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
reply to post by acrux

Edits is my guess but I couldnt swear on it. Still it was a shamefull act by the police and it happens all the time here in the UK.
I expect the whole place to errupt some time in the summer, with all the jobs losses and what have you. Guess the police will be on the front lines. So we know what we can expect from these public servants if it ever comes to a protest. Perhaps this is the govts way, to mitigate any offences caused by the police. At a future date.
edit on 27-5-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

Trouble is that's exactly what they want. Sure during the student protests there were blatant troublemaking kids just out for a ruck which only fueled the fire, but even if they weren't present you can bet whatever protest we make along the lines of the current global protests against the PTB the crowds will be awash with undercover squaddies kicking it all off so the police are justified in their brutish actions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join