It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Says Get Out, No More Lap Dancing Nuns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A nun whom dances spread eagle in front of the altar. A fashion obsessed abbot., financial irregularities, the monestary running a hotel with 24 hour limo.

Why didn't my church have this nun when I went to church as a kid. Certainly would have been a lot more intersting & I would have stayed awake more.

web.orange.co.uk...

The Pope has acted to oust "loose living" monks who staged concerts featuring a lap-dancer-turned-nun.

The Vatican is evicting about 20 monks from Rome's Santa Croce monastery which hosts some of the church's holiest relics, reports The Guardian.

"An inquiry found evidence of liturgical and financial irregularities as well as lifestyles that were probably not in keeping with that of a monk," said Father Ciro Benedettini, a Vatican spokesman.

"The church remains open but the monks are awaiting transfer."

The monks' days have been numbered since 2009, when the Vatican sacked their flamboyant abbot, Father Simone Fioraso, a former fashion designer.

Fioraso had built up a cult following among Rome's fashionable aristocratic crowd as well as celebrity worshippers such as Madonna, who prayed at the church in 2008.

VIP guests were encouraged to stay at a hotel opened at the monastery which offered a 24-hour limousine airport service, according to La Stampa newspaper.

In 2009 Anna Nobili, a nightclub dancer who became a nun, performed her "holy dance" before an audience including Archbishop Gianfranco Ravasi, head of the Vatican's cultural department.

For her performance Nobili, who says she uses dance as a form of prayer, lies spread-eagled in front of the altar clutching a crucifix or twists and turns as in pole-dancing routines.

Santa Croce housed relics said to include nails and splinters from the cross, thorns from Jesus's crown, and a bone from the finger St Thomas

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

So lets get this straight.......this is the performance that angered him so much www.telegraph.co.uk...

And yet he says NOTHING AT ALL about THIS PERFORMANCE involving half naked young men......www.youtube.com...

Hmmmmm what have we learned here class?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Better than a child doing it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Funny but the part where they mention the twisting and turning as in pole dance routines well as a dancer that requires a POLE! Laying infront of an alter like that is not a pole dancing routine. I have done enough of them myself to know what a pole routine is lol The pope needs a lesson in pole dancing and what it is and how it involves and actual pole lol

This is just too good.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Yes the pope prefered the topless men, the nuns at the end like it too.

Nuns at 0.59 seconds

Hadn't seen the vieo of the nun. She shows her panties. The pope was just upset it wasn't a Vietnamese
lady-boy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The pope likes little boys to dance with his personal pole

edit on 27-5-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Great Video, thanks for posting.

Its hard to find words ... my they have come a long way since the inquisitions.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The thanks should really go to bhornbuckle75 for video. He provided link.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I have done enough of them myself to know what a pole routine is

any proof?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by acrux

So lets get this straight.......this is the performance that angered him so much www.telegraph.co.uk...

And yet he says NOTHING AT ALL about THIS PERFORMANCE involving half naked young men......www.youtube.com...

Hmmmmm what have we learned here class?

Pedopope.

That nun video was no where near what I expected lol, how was I suppose to know she was a dancer?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yeah...I was honestly expecting something a bit more risqué myself....like her trying to give the Pope a Lap-Dance or something....but no. Basically she just spins around really fast...and if you are watching really closely you might get a flash of her undies when she spins around a couple of times....that's about it. I've seen sexier Square Dancing.

new topics

top topics

join